PDA

View Full Version : Favourite songs to get you through the day

gwenllian111
08-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Here are two of my favourite welsh songs, that I love.

Cerys Matthews - Arglwydd Dyma Fi - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Axw_i0WxMk&feature=youtu.be)

Cerys Matthews - Calon Lan - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKX4m_l1_Qk&feature=youtu.be)

What are your favourite songs?
:biggrin1:

Dirty Don
08-29-2012, 10:06 AM
LA Woman - The Doors; All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix; Babylon - David Gray....Rock n Roll baby!!!! Got a million others, but no one would know them!! LOL...good thread, better than talking about WG all the time...hmmm, brings to mind a possible song for WG...sheesh...

mishb
08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm with you Don ....Rock n Roll all the way.......or a little bit of Country.
I love Elvis and Cliff Richard, Roy Orbison or some John Denver.

Penny Arcade by the Big O lightens the heart

My daughter also does a superb rendition of Alannah Myles - Black Velvet.

I thought the other week of a good weggies song, but like most things these days, it has left the memory banks......yep.....sheesh is right

Dirty Don
08-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Roy is THE man...too bad we lost him...loved his voice and the high notes, not a bad guitarist either! How we date ourselves with our music! Hehe...just like our parents did! Wow, your daughter can do Black Velvet well...not easy...good on her! Yes, memory banks, especially short term ones, are depleted...sighs...what was I talking about...LOL!

pberggren1
08-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Elvis and Roy performed in my town.

Widthofacircle
08-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Gotta be David Bowie for me and a bit of Nick Cave
Brendan

Lightwarrior
08-31-2012, 05:18 AM
LA Woman - The Doors; All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix; Babylon - David Gray....Rock n Roll baby!!!! Got a million others, but no one would know them!! LOL...good thread, better than talking about WG all the time...hmmm, brings to mind a possible song for WG...sheesh...

Good songs

Lightwarrior
08-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Gotta be David Bowie for me and a bit of Nick Cave
Brendan

I can hang wit David Bowie, I'm going to have to google Nick Cave. I don't remember hearing him, but then my prednisone has been increased again.

Widthofacircle
08-31-2012, 08:21 AM
I can hang wit David Bowie, I'm going to have to google Nick Cave. I don't remember hearing him, but then my prednisone has been increased again.
Did you get to listen to any Nick Cave? He is an acquired taste... a bit like Leonard Cohen on speed haha

Pete
08-31-2012, 08:26 AM
I like Mason Williams' "Classical Gas" and the Dave Brubeck Quartet doing "Take Five".

Lightwarrior
08-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Did you get to listen to any Nick Cave? He is an acquired taste... a bit like Leonard Cohen on speed haha

Yes, I listened to where the red roses grow and the rider. I like him a lot.

KathyB
09-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I saw Elvis back in 1976 at the Richfield Coliseum near Akron! Those were the days! Last week I saw The Doobie Brothers and Chicago in Virginia Beach! WOW!! They each played their own set and then played the third set TOGETHER alternating with each other's songs. Wonderful! I'm a big Stones, Jethro Tull, ELO, and Eagles fan, too. Oh,oh, oh, listen to the music!!

KB

Natalie
09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Rock has to be Rock :) Loving Slash ATM

Widthofacircle
09-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi Natalie
Not to spoil the favourite songs thread but noticed you are on exactly the same maintenance drugs I am on but you have obviously been on them much longer than I have, being diagnosed in 2009. How do you find Cellcept? Any adverse side effects?
Brendan