PDA

View Full Version : more crafts i made

alexciasmom
08-15-2012, 07:48 AM
here are some more crafts i made this year.1706170717081709171017111712 thanks for all your wonderfull comments about my bird houses. i love you all.. and thank the heavens for you and this site.

Lightwarrior
08-15-2012, 08:09 AM
here are some more crafts i made this year.1706170717081709171017111712 thanks for all your wonderfull comments about my bird houses. i love you all.. and thank the heavens for you and this site.

Beautirul, I want to learn how to crochet

alexciasmom
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM

Sangye
08-16-2012, 03:23 AM
You are quite the artist! Lovely work. :smile1:

annekat
08-16-2012, 03:33 AM
You are quite the artist! Lovely work. :smile1: I agree. You have a good sense of color and design.

alexciasmom
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Ahhh!!! Thanks you guys are so sweet!!!

annekat
08-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I see you are having no trouble uploading photos, while some of us are having problems. Any idea what might be wrong? What browser are you using? Just a theory.

alexciasmom
08-16-2012, 10:21 AM
I see you are having no trouble uploading photos, while some of us are having problems. Any idea what might be wrong? What browser are you using? Just a theory.
Is is giving me trubble, so I used Firefox.

annekat
08-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Is is giving me trubble, so I used Firefox. Aha! That might help people. Thanks!

alexciasmom
08-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Any time..

alexciasmom
08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Is is giving me trubble, so I used Firefox.

did that help anyone???

annekat
08-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't know. We were discussing it on another thread and Phil said he couldn't upload in either IE or Firefox. Then he found out that he could upload smaller picture files, so there must be a limit on picture size. I don't know whether it helped Lightwarrior or others who were having trouble. I wasn't having trouble myself, but just wondered what was going on.

drz
08-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't know. We were discussing it on another thread and Phil said he couldn't upload in either IE or Firefox. Then he found out that he could upload smaller picture files, so there must be a limit on picture size. I don't know whether it helped Lightwarrior or others who were having trouble. I wasn't having trouble myself, but just wondered what was going on.

Somewhere I think I read the size limit for uploads. It generally works fine if use the size limit intended for quick emailing which are small files. I found it won't upload a larger file like what you might use to print out an enlarged pix.

alexciasmom
08-17-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't know. We were discussing it on another thread and Phil said he couldn't upload in either IE or Firefox. Then he found out that he could upload smaller picture files, so there must be a limit on picture size. I don't know whether it helped Lightwarrior or others who were having trouble. I wasn't having trouble myself, but just wondered what was going on. well yeah I forgot about that any pic I up loaded I had to change the size allot smaller..with every pic

annekat
08-18-2012, 01:51 AM
well yeah I forgot about that any pic I up loaded I had to change the size allot smaller..with every pic I haven't had to do that, but it must depend on how the pix are taken originally, what camera settings, etc. I know it has to do with megapixels, but that stuff still confuses me. The cameras I have are older cheaper ones without a lot of megapixel capability. I think all the newer ones, even the cheaper ones, are capable of larger picture sizes.

pberggren1
08-18-2012, 06:54 PM
How do you change the size?

Dirty Don
08-19-2012, 12:13 AM
How do you change the size?

Resave the pic, in 'jpg', then you'll have a choice of of low to high resolution, choose low or medium, save, then bring up pic, then using resize button on whatever program you're using, do so, then resave again...Adobe Photoshop or a Windows Pic work pretty well. On some programs, you can just resize by clicking the corners or sides and dragging inwards to downsize and save. Hope something works!! LOL!

pberggren1
08-19-2012, 08:01 AM
I am not sure how to do that. I just tried some stuff when I brought up my pics but nothing about jpg came up or resizing. I might try to load my Canon program on my computer and see what that does.

Dirty Don
08-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah, if your Canon camera is 'in' the computer for downloading, it should have a feature that allows you to do those things. I'll think on a better, clearer way to instruct that...not very good at it myself, but I do know how. On the other hand, keep playing with it!! LOL! Good luck Phil!

annekat
08-19-2012, 11:38 AM
I haven't found how to do it on my old Apple laptop, either. That's partly because the iPhoto software recognizes various models of cameras and allows one to download pics from them without installing the software first. Plus a lot of the photos I save to iPhoto are not from a camera. But there must be a way, I just haven't found it yet, partly because I haven't needed it yet, that I remember.

Debbie C
08-19-2012, 12:04 PM
I still haven't got a clue how to do it.If I download from my camera they all go to my pictures file but when I try to download or upload (whatever the hell u do ) one I get all my pics. I'm gonna have to get someone to actually come over and show me because I am really a computer dummy.....I'm surprised I found this forum !!!! I don't even know if I have Firefox.:w00t:

Dirty Don
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM
172817291730OK, the limit of KBs per pic seems to be around 100. I experimented and found 200 too large, so dropped down to under 100...pics still look good albeit smaller! You need a photo editor on your computer. I use Adobe, but most PCs will have MS Office Picture Manager IF you have Office. If you don't, then there's a more generic editor called Paint. It reduces pic sizes also. Here's the steps: 1) select your pic, 2)right click on pic, select Open With, 3)select one the picture editor on your machine (Windows Gallery doesn't do it!), 4) go thru the process of downsizing the pic according to the editor's buttons (you may have to play with this a bit), 5) when done, some editors tell you the size right away, save it to your Desktop for easy find, 6) open the Forum message you want to send, select Insert, find your pic on Desktop, double click, follow instructions for Insert dialog box. IF it's too big, a red exclamation mark comes up, TOO BIG! If not, it downloads automatically.

Then you can type your message, you may have to do this a few times, but after a couple times, you'll get it...it seems more than it is, but you do have to have an editor. Best of luck! PM me if you need more instruction...hehe...hits button, delete!!!!!!!!!! Naw, won't do that...but let me know.

alexciasmom
08-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Do you face book? Debra c ?

Debbie C
08-20-2012, 01:37 PM
yea,I have facebook but I don't have any pix there either. But I do have adobe and I do have microsoft power point.I'll have to play around with this.I'll have to take some good pix first (that may take alot longer than trying to figure this out!!!!)

KathyB
08-20-2012, 10:25 PM
LOL! I call my sons to ask how to load photos on FB, Craigs List, etc.! If I did things more than once every year or so, I might remember! Good job everyone!

KB

alexciasmom
10-14-2012, 06:26 AM
I am done with my Halloween Bird house..
17581759176017611762176317641765176617671768176917 70177117721773

Lightwarrior
10-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Awesome. I think I have talent when I can color inside the lines

annekat
10-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Wow! That is really great, and pretty darn spooky. I'll bet Alexcia is enchanted by it, too.

alexciasmom
10-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah she loves it.. She says when im dead she gets it..lol

drz
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Really nice and likely to be big draw at any craft show now.

Debbie C
10-15-2012, 02:21 PM
That's really something to be able to do all those things.I'm like Light !

alexciasmom
10-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I bet you can if you try.

annekat
10-16-2012, 03:22 AM
I bet you can if you try. Yes, try taking a class in something that doesn't sound too scary.... maybe basket weaving. Or teach yourself to knit or crochet; there are good directions and patterns available. I thing everyone can do something.

Debbie C
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Actually I am working on needlework on 2 pillowcases. It says " Believe in your Dreams" with alot of needle work around it.And last year I did make a stocking cap. I just don't have the patience to sit and do it but once I get started I can't quit. I really need to pick it up again,I was hoping to make alot of x-mas gifts but not looking good. My mother-god bless her- can do anything...she'll sit and make afghans,made christmans stockings for all us kids,grand and great-grand,sews,she's amazing to me and she has tried to teach me but no luck.

alexciasmom
10-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Actually I am working on needlework on 2 pillowcases. It says " Believe in your Dreams" with alot of needle work around it.And last year I did make a stocking cap. I just don't have the patience to sit and do it but once I get started I can't quit. I really need to pick it up again,I was hoping to make alot of x-mas gifts but not looking good. My mother-god bless her- can do anything...she'll sit and make afghans,made christmans stockings for all us kids,grand and great-grand,sews,she's amazing to me and she has tried to teach me but no luck.
Well once we teach you to post pics you will have to post some. i would so love to see them. i love needle work. i cant do it anymore since i had surgery on both hands and elbows. i so would love to see them.

alexciasmom
10-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Today's craft was baking. Home made from scratch Halloween donuts and scratch Halloween window cookies.

Lightwarrior
10-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes, try taking a class in something that doesn't sound too scary.... maybe basket weaving. Or teach yourself to knit or crochet; there are good directions and patterns available. I thing everyone can do something.

The problem is I have a hard time knowing if the "simple" crochet directions are correct. I need to see someone do it and then do it with them watching me. Once I do it I can after that, I am a multi sensory learner when it comes to crafts.

annekat
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
The problem is I have a hard time knowing if the "simple" crochet directions are correct. I need to see someone do it and then do it with them watching me. Once I do it I can after that, I am a multi sensory learner when it comes to crafts. I'd say that the basic crochet stitches are easier than knitting. If you get results, you are probably doing it right. Start with a winter neck scarf, easy shape to make. There's got to be someone around who can make sure you are doing the stitch correctly.

Natalie
10-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Check out some videos on u tube , great way to teach yourself something new , I have always known how to crochet but I could never make a corner , u tube got me on the right track and I also learnt a few other patterns , I can"t find the video i was referring to but here is a idea of what you can find on there , really easy to understand , and you can pause rewind as much as you like .
Learn How to Crochet - Part 1 - Basics for the Absolute Beginner (chain, ch, single crochet, sc) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/eqca00LdmAc)

Lightwarrior
10-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Check out some videos on u tube , great way to teach yourself something new , I have always known how to crochet but I could never make a corner , u tube got me on the right track and I also learnt a few other patterns , I can"t find the video i was referring to but here is a idea of what you can find on there , really easy to understand , and you can pause rewind as much as you like .
Learn How to Crochet - Part 1 - Basics for the Absolute Beginner (chain, ch, single crochet, sc) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/eqca00LdmAc)

I'm going to try it. I have needles and yarn and a book I bought a while back before I gave up. Watching a video might be more helpful.

alexciasmom
11-08-2012, 05:13 PM
I have more to post but I can only get on this site on my phone!!

alexciasmom
02-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Hi all its been awhile. I have had some personal stuff going on and did alot of hiding. Well I'm out of hiding. On another thread I will talk about what's been going on for those interested. I have made some more crafts and wanted to share them. Missed all of you thanks.2369

debra
02-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Alexciasmom, hi... Glad you're out of hiding... I remember you from years back, but back then, I was in hiding! You're work is really nice... I'm Deb, by the way... Nice seeing you! Deb...

alexciasmom
02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Thank you my dear. I am glad out back out as well.

debra
02-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Sorry, to be ot, but the picture of you're daughter is amazing! She's beautiful... I remembered you by this picture, so well... Deb...

annekat
02-12-2016, 03:50 PM
I know I know your name, DeeDee isn't it? Forgive me if I'm wrong. I know I saw you recently on FB. It's great to have you back on the forum showing off your awesome arty crafts. Keep us posted on more of them and other things whenever you are comfortable doing so. I hope you are managing your Wegs OK, and your sweet, pretty daughter must be getting a lot bigger all the time. We'd love to hear more about what you are up to.

debra
02-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Anne, awesome memory, yes I believe that is it... Hope you're good Anne... Deb...

alexciasmom
02-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Yes your right it's dede. And lex is wonderful she's so big. Thanks2373

annekat
02-12-2016, 05:37 PM
I thought something wasn't quite right! DeDe, not DeeDee! I knew that, darn it! Wegs mind strikes again. The pic you sent of Lex and the cat is upside down but it is still clear how beautiful she is! The cat looks just like one of mine.

debra
02-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Anne, you're so cute... Still got it right, just not the spelling! Wow, De, shes really beautiful, awesome picture... Deb...

alexciasmom
02-13-2016, 12:38 AM
Thanks. And debt your good. I think you got one heck of a memory. I have no clue what happend there ops.23742374

alexciasmom
02-13-2016, 12:40 AM
And that one did something off the wall as well. O well

debra
02-13-2016, 05:38 AM
De, very nice... So nice seeing you again... I hope you post and let us know how you're doing? Deb...

Alysia
02-14-2016, 12:14 AM
welcome back, my very dear friend. I am glad to see you here as well. you are gifted and your works are very special and beautiful. thank you for sharing.
Lexi is such an amazing beautiful girl. and you are a great mother. we are blessed to have you with us.

alexciasmom
03-01-2016, 03:32 AM
Hi all. I been doing some wood burning. It takes forever for each piece. It does hurt the hands and such. So I can't spend as much time as I would like on them. That just makes them more special. 2382
Harly Quinn
Skull and a rose
Skull rose
House blessing.
That's it for now my loves.

annekat
03-01-2016, 05:33 AM
Cool, DeDe. Woodburning must be quite difficult, controlling the tool, dealing with the heat, and manipulating your hands to get the lines you want.... you have developed a lot of skill, and keep up the good work! :smile1:

Alysia
03-02-2016, 02:55 AM
totally amazing. you are gifted. thanks for sharing.

debra
03-02-2016, 04:13 AM
Dee, you do great work, but I'd personally like to see ones of you're daughter! Man, she's just beautiful... Nice of you to share these! Let's see some of you're daughter, if you can? Debra...

alexciasmom
03-02-2016, 04:37 AM
O man that's a challenge. Harly was my first person. I have an issue with faces of all kinds. Allways have. Hum that's a thought!! Now my brain is working a mile a min. And thank you. I always thought she was beautiful. But I am mom. ;-)

annekat
03-02-2016, 05:56 AM
If someone asked me to do a portrait in clay, I would not even attempt it. I am more about patterns and shapes. An artist knows his or her abilities and inclinations. But if DeDe wants to try to attempt a portrait of her daughter in woodburning, more power to her. She knows the medium a lot better than we do. Alexcia will be beautiful no matter what.

debra
03-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Dee, give it a shot! Why limit youreself? Obviously you have a talent, and a very beautiful daughter, so go for it! If it doesn't come out as good as you like, you'll do better the next time... How old is she now? Oh, man, you have you're work cut out for you, once she hits that dating age! Yikes! Haha... Debra...

alexciasmom
03-02-2016, 08:45 AM
The little poop will be 10 in april. That's why I own a sniper rifle. 2386
Thanks for the compliment

debra
03-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Dee, haha... Smart lady! A lady needs to pack a peice... At least you're ready, cause I'm pretty sure you'll need that... Hope you took target practice, along with the martial arts? Wow, the hair is cool, but tell me please its a rinse? Color is cool... Yup, you're in trouble for sure, Dee... Deb...

alexciasmom
03-02-2016, 10:45 AM
My dad is a mountain man. I did not have a pacifier. I had the barrel of a hand gun. Lol

Rhenoplos
09-07-2016, 01:44 PM
They are so wonderful!:thumbup: You can set a facebook account, and you know, start a small business if you wish. I am saying I want to have one of crafts as such.

alexciasmom
09-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Thank you. This is my craft padge on face book..
https://www.facebook.com/CWACCDDD/

Gab122
09-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Alexciasmom - just read your post - sorry your Weg GPA is flaring. Sending you prayers and hugs from NH. [emoji177][emoji1374] Gab

deawndillard
10-01-2016, 03:03 AM
Hi my loves. Omg so many changes and such going on. First of a vent. Why do some people make being sick a competition. One of my sisters for example. Yesterday I was walking into her house with her. She looked at me and said. You look like shit. My response was. You don't know what tired really is until you go through a treatment like retuxan... no crappie her response without missing a beat was. Well I understand more than you think. Remember I have fibromyalgia..... OK fibromyalgia and on 90 MG of Cymbalta for it. Umm wegener's and Rituxan... my chin hit the floor. My response was. Mouth clamped shut. Saying anything would not help or make it better. It's was an opening for a. Well yeah this and o well then than. I am to old for that game with people. I know you hurt and have issues. I have fibromyalgia myself. I just don't get the sick competition... I started retuxan last wed. So far so good. Yaassss. My art will be in a gallery show the end of oct!!! Omg for reall!!! Brb

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Alysia
10-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Hi my loves. Omg so many changes and such going on. First of a vent. Why do some people make being sick a competition. One of my sisters for example. Yesterday I was walking into her house with her. She looked at me and said. You look like shit. My response was. You don't know what tired really is until you go through a treatment like retuxan... no crappie her response without missing a beat was. Well I understand more than you think. Remember I have fibromyalgia..... OK fibromyalgia and on 90 MG of Cymbalta for it. Umm wegener's and Rituxan... my chin hit the floor. My response was. Mouth clamped shut. Saying anything would not help or make it better. It's was an opening for a. Well yeah this and o well then than. I am to old for that game with people. I know you hurt and have issues. I have fibromyalgia myself. I just don't get the sick competition... I started retuxan last wed. So far so good. Yaassss. My art will be in a gallery show the end of oct!!! Omg for reall!!! Brb

Hi Dede. I guess it is you with new user name.
Please dont be angry at your sister or sad from her words. I think that she is just too afraid to acknowledge that you suffer from a dangerous disease so she try to make it similar to hers. But it is only because she loves you & afraid to lose you.

deawndillard
10-02-2016, 12:06 AM
I would like to think that. But I know both my sisters and my mom and cousin. They all react like this. How it happens who go it from who. What ever. What it comes down to in my opinion is they crave attention and they only know how to get neg attention.. like if the only attention you give a child is when there bad. Then they go after it in all neg ways. I'm not mad at her or them. More disappointed and sad for them. The frustration has passed for now.

deawndillard
10-02-2016, 12:08 AM
Hi Dede. I guess it is you with new user name.
Please dont be angry at your sister or sad from her words. I think that she is just too afraid to acknowledge that you suffer from a dangerous disease so she try to make it similar to hers. But it is only because she loves you & afraid to lose you.
Sorry. Yeah my real name is deawn but I go by dede.

Alysia
10-02-2016, 12:09 AM
I am glad that you are feeling better. Even though they have their attentions issues, I have no doubt that they truely love you and care for you. Denial can be a weired thing. I guess they deny what wg means.

deawndillard
10-02-2016, 12:17 AM
So far so good with the ex and divorce. Not that it's good. It's just all the bull crap all bad divorces have. It sucks to be in a flare. But out of the 5 of them. In this one the blood work is the worst. But I feel the best emotionally and mentally. I'm not getting things done as fast as I would like. But I am still going forward. I took Lex to counseling. They said for what she's going through she is well adjusted and doing great. I love you guys you all know exactly what I'm saying. I don't have to over explain. So I am about 70% done with the bride Woodburn. About 83% done with bride doll. Then I find, thrift photo shoot set items. Find a wedding dress to refurbishe for photo shoot. Then Get er done..... this calendar is helping me deal with everything so much better. One day soon this calendar will be hanging on your wall....

deawndillard
10-02-2016, 12:18 AM
I just finished this guyhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161001/9686b578a6e53b145beeec0f1b579140.jpg

deawndillard
10-02-2016, 12:20 AM
I truly know they love me. They have issues with emotions. I use to be as bad as them so I try to not hold stuff.

deawndillard
10-07-2016, 04:41 PM
I am so excited on the 2st of this month my stuff will be in a gallery show... I feel like a kindergartener trying to play college football.. wish me luck.. I have 4 projects to complete by then. My house is a mess fall cleaning and yard sale. I need every bit of luck and energy I can get right now. I hope your all well loves.

deawndillard
10-08-2016, 03:24 AM
21st

Gab122
10-08-2016, 06:58 AM
Good luck!

deawndillard
10-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Just found out its at the Arts of the world gallery here in slc on the 21st 6 to 9 free to get in.

alexciasmom
05-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Omg it's been crazy. My divorce is almost done. I have a wonderful guy with fabulous kids. We are working on the Callender, and art to help us start our weggies non profit. I just sold another peice. I am going back to school for art and accounting. He's going back as well to learn how to start and run a non profit.. he really is so wonderful. Everything I wished for my partner to care about her does. He even loves my child. When I can sit at the computer I will post some pics of my latest work. Love ya all huggs

Alysia
05-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the update, Dede. I am so happy that things are good. You have being through so much and deserve the best. Your works are totally amazing. And how can anyone not love your cute beautiful girl ? Much love from me & from my Batman ❤❤

alexciasmom
06-14-2017, 12:57 PM
So in the total my phone added the aNguyen.. ops
Omg everyone not only do I have a booth for our wegener's granulomatosis non-profit organization weggies with wings. We got a logo for free!! All thanks to Storm Anderson at art on you studios.. I also entered a art contest for rare illness. Please everyone fallow this link and go vote for wegener's vote for dede..
:hug3: