PDA

View Full Version : ready to scream in frustration

mama2005
08-07-2012, 11:40 AM
It just seems as I can not get any good luck in life. I got a surprise visit from the FBI and US Marshals this week at my home. I rent our home and our landlord bought our home along with several (aproximatly 117) other homes in our town with drug money so our house is being siezed and we have to move. With the added stress and the wg already being flared I am so wore out. I just keep thinking maybe next year might be a better year then the last two. Just the thought of house hun.ting makes me sick it took 6months to find this house and I get 30 days to pack,find a house and move. When will life get easier?

Dirty Don
08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Don't know or believe life is easy or hard, but you hang tough, always mama...you and your family will weather this storm too...honest!

annekat
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear it, Mama. It doesn't seem fair. I hope it will be easier than you think to find something on short notice. It's just rotten. I hope you have someone to help you. Don is right, hang tough, and keep us posted.

Pete
08-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Hi Mama,

I'm sorry to read about your situation. You may want to give your local United Way Information & Referral line a call at 2-1-1. They may be able to steer you toward some help. If that doesn't work, you could also check with your local Salvation Army. Hope this is useful.

Pete

pberggren1
08-08-2012, 04:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this moma. I wish there is something I could do for you immediately. You are in my prayers.

Lightwarrior
08-08-2012, 06:06 AM
It just seems as I can not get any good luck in life. I got a surprise visit from the FBI and US Marshals this week at my home. I rent our home and our landlord bought our home along with several (aproximatly 117) other homes in our town with drug money so our house is being siezed and we have to move. With the added stress and the wg already being flared I am so wore out. I just keep thinking maybe next year might be a better year then the last two. Just the thought of house hun.ting makes me sick it took 6months to find this house and I get 30 days to pack,find a house and move. When will life get easier?

Oh Mama, that totally sucks. Two and 1/2 years ago I had to move quickly because they foreclosed on the rent house I was living in. It appears that my landlord who lived in San Diego (I never met him, but he was always very nice and laid back on the phone) was selling Marijuana to his pot dispensaries and allegedly laundering money. I thought this was the most bizarre thing I had ever heard of......until now. Good luck I will be keeping you in my prayers

Psyborg
08-08-2012, 06:44 AM
117 is a lot of drug money...wow. They should just let the tenants keep the houses...not like the government *needs* them. JMO of course. I hope you are able to work something out that won't stress you too much.

freakyschizogirl
08-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi Mama

i know it seems impossible but it is possible. We viewed a house on a saturday, had to decide if we wanted it on the sunday and move in by the following saturday. We did it (this is the UK tho) And was renting not buying a house.

Good luck to you x

annekat
08-08-2012, 08:34 AM
117 is a lot of drug money...wow. They should just let the tenants keep the houses...not like the government *needs* them. JMO of course. I hope you are able to work something out that won't stress you too much. I don't see why they can't at least let the tenants stay in the houses and pay the rent to the government! To me, that would make sense.

Debbie C
08-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow...that's hard to believe that they would throw u out in the streets in 30 days. I wonder what the people in the other 116 houses are doing?

mama2005
08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Bob yes she made money. She profited 3.7million dollars from this. It took them 20 thanks all byears to get caught. I know that my hubby said that the fbi website has a article about it. Nine people were in it together they were trafficing drugs and using the money to buy the homes and then shoplifting materials to keep up the homes. We have not found anything yet I might try taking a few days off of work to pack.

Sangye
08-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Mama! I hope you find a new place right away. Don't get discouraged!

jola57
08-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Mama, oh that is terrible. Is there any way that the house will be put up on auction and you can buy it from the governmnt? After all you are paying the rent so you can pay the mortgage. Is there no US institution that helps tenants in this present housing market?

annekat
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Mama, oh that is terrible. Is there any way that the house will be put up on auction and you can buy it from the governmnt? After all you are paying the rent so you can pay the mortgage. Is there no US institution that helps tenants in this present housing market? I agree, why kick out tenants who are coming up with money every month? It's crazy. Must be some sort of bureaucratic red tape that keeps them from doing what makes sense.