PDA

View Full Version : see you in about a week.

crackers
07-30-2012, 04:26 PM
well the day has finally arrived and in an hours time i'll be leaving to go to the hospital for my hip surgery.so stay well my weggie siblings and i'll let you know how it went in about a weeks time.
john.

mishb
07-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Good luck John,

You will be a new man when it is all finished.

Take care and we look forward to a positive report when you are up and about again.

drz
07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Best wishes for quick recovery.

Sangye
07-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Best of luck, John! I'm so happy you're getting it done. I saw bits of the Olympic Opening Ceremony-- that's probably where your doctor was! :biggrin1:

crackers
07-31-2012, 02:06 AM
well my friends i'm back home with my malfunctioning hip intact.the surgeon,amazingly,was unaware that i am on blood thinners and decided it was too much of a risk to operate.hopefully i'll be off the blood thinners in october so maybe then it will be third time lucky.
john.

Dirty Don
07-31-2012, 02:14 AM
Damn, sorry John...you would think that would be one of the first things a surgeon would want to know...better luck the 3rd time around.

Lightwarrior
07-31-2012, 04:33 AM
well the day has finally arrived and in an hours time i'll be leaving to go to the hospital for my hip surgery.so stay well my weggie siblings and i'll let you know how it went in about a weeks time.
john.

You will be in my thoughts and I will be sending you light and energy.

Lightwarrior
07-31-2012, 04:38 AM
well my friends i'm back home with my malfunctioning hip intact.the surgeon,amazingly,was unaware that i am on blood thinners and decided it was too much of a risk to operate.hopefully i'll be off the blood thinners in october so maybe then it will be third time lucky.
john.

Okay, so sorry to hear and how frustrating for you. Perhaps instead of sending you light and energy I should send your surgeon brain boosting energy. Why are you on blood thinners?? My friend took coumadin for Atrial fibrillation (afib). He was scheduled to have an ablation which would have fixed his afib so he stopped his coumadin on his own two weeks prior. The day before his ablation he stroked and has been in the hospital in Phoenix for a month, he just went to a long term vent facility to try and get him off the vent. The purpose of my rambling story is to make sure you are safe off of coumadin.

Sangye
07-31-2012, 05:19 AM
I can't believe that doctor didn't know about your blood thinners before, John. That's pretty much Question #1. Aargh. I'm so sorry. It must be awful to be ready to go in and have it canceled. Twice! :sad:

KathyB
07-31-2012, 10:27 AM
I was going to wish you good luck with surgery only to see you're home and it's been postponed again! So sorry, crackers!! Keep getting well so you can get the surgery rescheduled!!

KB

crackers
07-31-2012, 11:40 AM
i arrived at the hospital at 7-30am and it was only at 10-00am that i got the bad news.as for the reason i'm on blood thinners i had a heart attack last october and had a stent inserted into the main artery.that was a pretty amazing experience by the way,watching it being done on a huge tv screen over the operating table.
john.