PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for appeal for disability denial?

KathyB
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi all -- I was fortunate enough to have Al's input to the question about possible responses and ideas to support my disability retirement appeal. This is for the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). I've yet to hear from SSI. They said WG wasn't shown to be a "permanent condition" and that because I was down to 5 mg Prednisone I was showing "clinical improvement". As Al suggested, I've been working on anecdotal examples of the debilitating nature of WG. Also, I've gone back to my rheumy and requested he bolster his portion of my application. I've also met with with my primary care physician to provide support. Does anyone have any documentation to refute the two ridiculous conclusions of the VRS re prednisone and permanent status of WG? Your help is invaluable! Thanks!!

KB

drz
07-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Do organizations for Vasculitis and Autoimmune Disorder groups have any info on this issue? Another option might be to ask for an occupational assessment where someone that evaluates people for rehab programs can assess your ability to do any kind of work. Then an expert can document the problems you would have in holding down an employment position.