PDA

View Full Version : Remission Or Relapse? I don't know.

Chadwyck
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
So, now that I realized I've dropped 12 lbs in just a few weeks I'm concerned. How can anybody eat like a race horse and lose weight without trying? Then today for the first time in 2 years I'm getting muscle pains. A month ago it was only joint pains. And more importantly, 4 days ago I was having the night sweats again...while I'm in an air conditioned room. All I'm hearing is, "you're in remission... that's GREAT!" So my question is, does remission mean leave us doctors alone unless the blood tells us something else? Or is my body just playing tricks on me to make me complain some more to be consistent with what I've been doing for the last 3 and a half years? I'm going to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning to do blood work with the cANCA and pANCA test as well as the urinalysis. For some reason I believe if you're in remission they think you're looking for a reason to complain. Relief is much more rewarding than sympathy in my opinion.

Sangye
07-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Unexplained weight loss, unexplained muscle and joint pain, night sweats-- all are red flags. Wegs must be ruled out immediately, and other thing secondarily. I suggest you make BIG noise over this, Chadwyck. You can't wait for blood tests to show something. They might or might not. Call your docs and tell them what's going on.

Chadwyck
07-26-2012, 02:58 AM
I already did Sangye. I got back from the hospital just now and I told them what's going on. They are aware of everything and still checking to make sure my Wegs isn't fighting off the maintenance treatment. I didn't know that generalized Wegener's could be so powerful especially when they tell you that you're in remission. They did, however, tell me to "listen to what my body's telling me!" not just what the test results are saying!

Sangye
07-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Good job, Chadwyck. Glad they're listening to you! :thumbup: