PDA

View Full Version : Been "away" for a while -- happy to be back!

KathyB
07-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Hi all -- I am looking forward to reading all your posts, greeting new members, and catching up. Haven't posted in a while...As of July 1, I am officially retired from my educational administration post in Stafford, VA. Since diagnosis, I was afforded the opportunity to work from home (for the most part) and am about to start training my replacement. Office is basically cleaned out, but my mind still strays back to the happenings. Since my last Rituxan treatment this spring, I've been doing pretty well & heading back to MCV (Richmond) for a follow-up appointment with my rheumy, labs, and for a pulmonary function test. Will also check-in with the primary care physician. After applying for medical disability with the Va. Retirement System, I was denied benefits. Seems as though they think WG is "not a permanent condition" and the reduction of my prednisone dose to 5 mg is considered "clinical improvement." Wow. I'd like the medical board to walk a day in my shoes and try to perform my job! So the appeals process begins on Monday. Haven't gotten any word from SS yet except they need more info on my work history. I'm grateful for each and every day and have happily relocated with my husband to our much smaller home on the Currituck Sound in the OBX. So life is good and I hope you all are doing well in your health & lives!

KB:cool: