PDA

View Full Version : Support Group in Michigan?

andrew
05-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi all..
I'm looking for a WG support group in Michigan, preferably in the region of Crystal Falls. Anyone know of anything there or near?

andrew
05-19-2009, 05:55 AM
I just found the list of support groups on the Vasculitis Foundation website. Hadn't seen it before :)

Still, if someone by chance knows of others, let me know.

US Support Contacts | Vasculitis Foundation (http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/support/domestic)

Doug
05-19-2009, 06:05 AM
I checked locations on Google Earth. It appears the closest person to Crystal Falls, Michigan, who is associated with Vasculitis Foundation's support groups is Kelly Deering in Merrill Wisconsin. It is a three hour drive one way, but Kelly can be contacted at:

[email protected]

andrew
05-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks mate! Yes, it seems that Crystal Falls is in the middle of nowhere unfortunately, at least as far as Support Groups are concerned. Have forwarded the info to the individual concerned.

Doug
05-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Thanks mate! Yes, it seems that Crystal Falls is in the middle of nowhere unfortunately, at least as far as Support Groups are concerned. Have forwarded the info to the individual concerned.

Oh dear! People like me who live in the middle of nowhere are sometimes sensitive to people pointing out the obvious. For example, Lincoln and Omaha are the part of Nebraska known as Eastern Nebraska, or less sensitively "Nebraska", and the rest of the state is known in the east as "outstate Nebraska", as in "not in the...." After the recent War of Succession, in which billions were spent and no ground changed hands, Lincoln-Omaha agreed to refer to us in "outstate" as residents of Greater Nebraska. Why not? It didn't cost them anything, the war was over? Anyway, residents of the part of Michigan northwest and across the lakes prefer to be thought of as Upper Peninsulanders. See a pattern: "Greater" = more than, bigger than, superior to >; "Upper" = above, higher than, superior to, > ? Ain't geography wonderful?

andrew
05-19-2009, 06:24 AM
LOL I failed Geography in school....oh....wait...I didn;t even take Geography in school! Never thought I'd need it :)

Anyway, I never said there was anything wrong with being in the middle of nowhere :D

Sangye
05-19-2009, 06:47 AM
That "outstate" label is pretty bad. I never heard it before. In New York, NYC is referred to as "the city" and everything else is "upstate."

I really miss living in the middle of nowhere. The Washington, D.C. suburbs are too much "somewhere" for me. Too many somebodies, not enough nobodies.

Doug
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Nowhere can be pretty sweet. :p

Doug
05-19-2009, 08:46 AM
LOL I failed Geography in school....oh....wait...I didn;t even take Geography in school! Never thought I'd need it :)

Anyway, I never said there was anything wrong with being in the middle of nowhere :D

Just my point! You innocently suggested the simple truth, and I, someone from one of the nowheres, took "nowhere" as a kick in the shins. (No offense taken, seriously!)

coffeelover
05-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Hey Doug!

Outstate in MN means all the state money goes to the cities and "outstate" has to fight for the leftovers.
Stinks to be outstate!
But as Sangye says suburbs are too much "somewhere" for me. Too many somebodies, not enough nobodies. "
Lisa

Doug
05-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Doug!

Outstate in MN means all the state money goes to the cities and "outstate" has to fight for the leftovers.
Stinks to be outstate!
But as Sangye says suburbs are too much "somewhere" for me. Too many somebodies, not enough nobodies. "
Lisa

The original intent of the House of Representatives based on population and the Senate set at two senators per state was to balance power. More populated states had more representatives, so could dominate the House, yet less populated states could have disportionate power in the Senate. Unfortunately for Nebraskans, we have that Unicameral legislature, which saved expenses in the Great Depression (one justification), yet serves the interests of the Lincoln-Omaha axis better than the rest of the state in "outstate"/"Greater Nebraska" the rest of the time. There's your political science lesson for today. Sorry! :mad:

shadow
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi I'm shari I have a support group but I'm way down state. I think the closest down state is grace. I would be willing to help you in any way. My group meets in lansing on the 3rd sat of the odd months. Here is my email [email protected]. shari

jsundberg
09-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi all..
I'm looking for a WG support group in Michigan, preferably in the region of Crystal Falls. Anyone know of anything there or near?

I'm from the area! Well 1 hr north of wi/mi border. But still this is me:) I haven't heard of anything in this area yet, but keep me posted I'm interested.

brew22
11-30-2014, 09:47 AM
I am in lansing .. Do you still have your support group????

brew22
04-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Still Looking!!!!!!

vdub
04-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Wow.... Only been 2 years... :-)

Interesting how some of these old threads keep popping up. This one has been 5 years in the making and still no support group.

andrew
04-19-2016, 09:18 PM
Shadow still logs into the forum - perhaps this thread will get the desired information if it's noticed.

brew22
07-06-2016, 12:22 AM
still looking!!!!