PDA

View Full Version : hard week

mama2005
07-07-2012, 01:50 PM
It has been a hard week. My health has been good but the stress of loosing my best friend has brought a headache and sadness:'( I think about all my problems and still can't seem to understand how suicide could ever be a option. I just don't understand.

pberggren1
07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I could never go that rout myself.

freakyschizogirl
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Sorry to hear this Mama.

I've been down and depressed and contiplated suicide but couldnt actually do it.

Debbie C
07-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Sorry for your loss..try to focus on your health and those beautiful kids you have.I'm sure they bring a smile to your face !

annekat
07-08-2012, 03:52 AM
I'm so sorry, Mama. Only one who's lost a friend to suicide can understand how it feels. I'm sorry your friend felt that was the only way. It is indeed hard to imagine. I'm hoping everything else in your life is going well and that time will ease the pain.

crackers
07-08-2012, 10:30 AM
my brother committed suicide a number of years ago just after his 40th birthday.his reason for doing so?he couldn't live with being 40.i agonised for a long time over things like why didn't i see it coming,could i have done something to prevent it and many other feelings of guilt.the death of a close friend or relative due to natural causes or accidental death is hard enough but suicide is immensely more difficult to understand or come to terms with.
john.

annekat
07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, John. If people knew what their loved ones would go through, maybe they'd find a way not to make that choice.

Debbie C
07-09-2012, 01:38 AM
John, I was sad to hear about your brother, losing a loved one is the hardest thing one goes thru,but you should not feel guilty over it I'm sure he hid his feelings from everyone so don't blame yourself for not seeing it coming.

Jaha
07-09-2012, 04:49 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can only say that nobody ever knows why, and all the pain that it causes thoughs who loved that person is unbearable. I had a very good friend who's husband did that and she went through years of pain and grieve over trying to understand it. I hope you don't get sick from the stress of this. My thoughts will be with you and your loved ones to get thru this.
Jana

Sangye
07-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Mama, I'm so sorry to hear this. And John, how sad for you as well. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you. It's so much harder to heal such a wound.

Al
07-14-2012, 07:54 AM
For all those who have lost someone this way: This is so profoundly difficult that it is is hard to know where to start. I know the temptation is to blame someone or some thing, but it is impossible to know what goes through the hearts of others. I am particularly saddened by the effect on the still-living. My own heart goes out to you.

Al

skipper
07-15-2012, 06:10 AM
How painful. I ache for you. I have been touched by suicide and it takes a huge piece out you. It's so difficult to understand but I have been so depressed that nothing mattered and realized how my thoughts were tangled. It's hard to think beyond the pain of that moment but thank God I realized I needed help quickly. There is always so much guilt left behind but intellectually I know there is nothing that can be done once a person makes the decision. Heartbreaking as it is you will grieve but possibly appreciate life even more and hold your friend in your heart. Blessings.

mama2005
07-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks all. I am still struggling with all of this but I am trying to keep moving forward. I finally got the courage to read his letter that he left for me ugh it makes life hard. Thanks for your support.

Al
07-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks all. I am still struggling with all of this but I am trying to keep moving forward. I finally got the courage to read his letter that he left for me ugh it makes life hard. Thanks for your support.Courage does come hard, but think of how brave you must be just to live--and think of those you are living for.Even more reason to take extra care of yourself. We love you.

Al

KathyB
07-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Mama, Skipper -- So sorry to hear what you have endured. I understand the others who have commented about the person committing suicide not understanding about the pain of those left behind. A dear friend of mine's husband attempted suicide in June due to an imbalance of his anti-depressants. Fortunately, she came home and found him and he was able to communicate the pills he had taken ... this saved his life. She has shared her experience with others to try and erase the stigma attached to the act & the disease of depression. It also reinforces her strength in seeing things through with him and their family. I hope you find strength in the many kind thoughts of our forum members & those special people in your lives.

KB:cool: