PDA

View Full Version : some good news

crackers
06-28-2012, 05:40 AM
the hospital phoned today to tell me that my hip replacement op has been scheduled for a week on friday.i realise that i wont be able to walk as far as i used to, because of the compromised blood flow to my feet,but to be free of that constant nagging pain will be a relief.
john.

Psyborg
06-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Good luck with the surgery crackers. I hope everything goes well for you.

Sangye
06-28-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm glad to hear you're getting it done, John! Remind us next week, okay? Some of us have stinky memory. :blushing:

Dryhill
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Great news John, is it being done under NHS or private? Last Thursday I was not that far away from you, I took my neighbour up to see his first grandchild at Newton-le-Willows. Unfortunately I was in something of a rush so had to head back south straight away ........ oh by the way, they don't half speak funny in your part of the world, they don't speak proper like what I does :razz:

Jim

crackers
06-29-2012, 04:26 AM
it's on the nhs jim at my local hospital.it's a very good hospital so i've no concerns about it.i've had two previous ops there,one a life saver,and received fantastic care.i may be in a little longer than usual due to being on two blood thinners.they said it may take longer to heal.as for newton-le-willows,otherwise known as the twilight zone,rumour has it that michael jackson drove through there some years ago and was the inspiration for his Thriller video.
john.

Fran
06-29-2012, 05:30 PM
John, Wishing you all the best next week. :thumbup:

Fran

Dryhill
06-29-2012, 09:43 PM
it's on the nhs jim at my local hospital.it's a very good hospital so i've no concerns about it.i've had two previous ops there,one a life saver,and received fantastic care.i may be in a little longer than usual due to being on two blood thinners.they said it may take longer to heal.as for newton-le-willows,otherwise known as the twilight zone,rumour has it that michael jackson drove through there some years ago and was the inspiration for his Thriller video.
john.

John, re Newton-le-Willows lets just say that I did not leave my car unattended and drove with the doors locked. I am glad to hear that it is a good hospital that you are going to and hope all goes well.

Jim

crackers
07-06-2012, 10:29 AM
and then some bad news.hospital phoned this afternoon to say that my surgery had been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.now i have to wait for a new date whenever that is.to say i'm disappointed is an understatement as the pain today has been particularly bad.
john.

Dryhill
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
John, I am very sorry to hear your bad news. :thumbdn:

Jim

Al
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
and then some bad news.hospital phoned this afternoon to say that my surgery had been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.now i have to wait for a new date whenever that is.to say i'm disappointed is an understatement as the pain today has been particularly bad.
john.Hate those "unforeseen circumstances", John. Let us know when they figure it out.

Al

mishb
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
john.

I'm sorry John, that just sucks.:thumbdn:
I hope you can get some pain relief soon

Sangye
07-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Hang in there, John! :hug2:

vdub
07-09-2012, 02:53 PM
That's kind of strange that they would cancel and have to reschedule. I see on the news on this side of the pond that you have been having huge amounts of rain and flooding. Could that possibly be part of the problem? Sorry to hear about the disappointment. I have a knee that will eventually have to be replaced, but I'm going to avoid it for as long as possible.

Lightwarrior
07-11-2012, 08:53 AM
That's kind of strange that they would cancel and have to reschedule. I see on the news on this side of the pond that you have been having huge amounts of rain and flooding. Could that possibly be part of the problem? Sorry to hear about the disappointment. I have a knee that will eventually have to be replaced, but I'm going to avoid it for as long as possible.

During the winter when all of our winter visitors are here we sometimes have to cancel "elective" surgeries when we have no beds to admit them to. We use this as a last resort since people are usually very disappointed.

vdub
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM
During the winter when all of our winter visitors...
Hey, wait a minute there... I'm one of those visitors... :-) I won't be this year, tho -- we're going to the southeast.

Lightwarrior
07-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey, wait a minute there... I'm one of those visitors... :-) I won't be this year, tho -- we're going to the southeast.

We will miss you. We do love our winter visitors and are in the process of building out our other two unfinished floors which will give us 72 more private beds

crackers
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
from what i can understand the surgeon was due to go on his annual vacation but was able to do a couple of extra days of operations before he went.unfortunately some of the first day surgeries overran causing cancellations of the second day. of which i was one. just the way it goes.it will be my turn soon.
john.

Debbie C
07-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Sorry your surgery isn't going as planned,but yr doc will be all rested after his holiday. Hang in there,you will feel so much better aferwards.My boyfriend had both of his hips replaced. He could barely walk and now he's do great. Able to hold up a 800lb Harley when we go riding,so I'm sure u will feel like a new man after the recovery.Good luck when it's yr turn .

Sangye
07-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Now you've done it, Debra. John is out shopping for a Harley! :w00t:

Al
07-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Hey, wait a minute there... I'm one of those visitors... :-) I won't be this year, tho -- we're going to the southeast.Sorry to hear that, vdub. What an awful time to be in Florida. (Er, is there a good time...?)

Al

vdub
07-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear that, vdub. What an awful time to be in Florida. (Er, is there a good time...?)
It'll be tough, but we're going to try and tough it thru..... :-)

crackers
07-22-2012, 10:51 AM
received a phone call to say that my surgeon is now on paternity leave but if i wished i could switch to another one.so my surgery is now scheduled for monday the 30th of this month.hopefully.
john.

vdub
07-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Well that's not to far away. Best of luck....

mama2005
07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Good luck I hope all goes well and you'll be up and moving in no time. :-)