PDA

View Full Version : Happy 6th anniversary sangye

Fran
06-27-2012, 08:42 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SANGYE :hug3:
Happy 6th anniversary of Living with Wegener's !! I thank you sincerely for all the help and advice you have given on this forum since 2008, and for your sense of humour - you have me laughing out loud at times.!

If you are having a party, (and if I were to be invited), I would have to decline because the thought of your cupcakes, ... well just the thought of your cupcakes !! !! :thumbdn:

Hope you have a happy, peaceful, and painfree day Sangye.:thumbup:

(Reason I remember your anniversary is because it's also my 14th today )

Fran

mishb
06-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Wow Fran 14 years
Congratulations to both you and Sangye for staying sane throughout .......kinda :razz:

I'm not sure that Happy and Congratulations are the correct words to use though

Keep strong and ......

annekat
06-28-2012, 05:23 AM
6 years and 14 years are both very significant milestones, so congrats to you both for handling Wegs as well as you have all these years..... I realize it has not been easy or fun, and things are still difficult, especially for you, Sangye. But it seems to me you have made the best of a bad situation and have definitely made Wegs easier to deal with for all of us on the forum. May you both see great improvement in your symptoms in the near future!

Lightwarrior
06-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Hope you have a happy, peaceful, and painfree day Sangye.:thumbup:

(Reason I remember your anniversary is because it's also my 14th today )

Fran

Ditto Sangye, I hope your day is pain free and all of your days to come. December 9th 2009 was my second anniversary but it feels like forever.

Sangye
06-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone!

Actually yesterday was my dx anniversary day, but I spent it doing my last rtx infusion in this series. Bittersweet, you know? June 26, 2006 was the worst day of my life because I nearly died and got this horrible dx. And it was the best day of my life because my life was saved. I'm grateful to still be here. And I am REALLY grateful that you are still here, Fran. 14 years, wow. :smile1:

drz
06-28-2012, 08:11 AM
6 years and 14 years are both very significant milestones, so congrats to you both for handling Wegs as well as you have all these years..... I realize it has not been easy or fun, and things are still difficult, especially for you, Sangye. But it seems to me you have made the best of a bad situation and have definitely made Wegs easier to deal with for all of us on the forum. May you both see great improvement in your symptoms in the near future!

I was just wondering if the sense of rapid change and the feeling of being on the ledge diminish as years go by. I am past two years and two months since diagnosis and the amount of personal change and challenges has felt rather monumental most of the time. I wonder how I will feel ten years from now and hoping I make it to find out? I hope it gets somewhat easier or maybe it feels harder as years go by and gratitude for surviving starts to fade along with delusions and hope for a greater recovery into a dimmer reality and acceptance of permanence of whatever state of health we find ourselves. Sorry for philosophy ramble and do want to thank you two for sticking it out here and helping us find our own path along this Wegs journey. Congratulations on managing your Wegs roller coaster ride so well.

Dryhill
06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Fran and Sangye, well done for surviving this disease of ours and for being htere to help and encourgae all of of us.

Jim

Fran
06-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for good wishes - I just want to make it clear, Sangye is the one with the knowledge and helpfulness - I find it hard to talk about Wegener's. :confused1: I just come here for the company of other Weggies - thank you everyone! :thumbsup:

Fran

Sangye
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
LOL Fran.

Well after 6 years I definitely don't have as much anxiety about Wegs. My first 2.5 to 3 years were a non-stop crisis. Then things started to slow down some. I still have crises but they're not piled on each other like before. I'm also much better at "wait and see" when a new symptom pops up. Most of them come and go on their own. It does get easier to balance being vigilant without being obsessive but I've had to consciously work at it. I don't think it would naturally happen just with time passing.

On the downside, I do have a much harder time feeling optimistic about things improving than I did early on.