PDA

View Full Version : Blocked/Plugged Tear Duct

TOBEY32
06-23-2012, 10:12 AM
I've had it for months. My left eye, being unable to "drain" tears, just fall down my face like I'm crying or have allergies. There is a procedure I can have done once I have the insurance.
You should see me lately as I interview for work - I just tell them I'm in the middle of "bad allergies".
Sometimes I feel like I belong on the "Island of Misfit Toys". If it's not this it's that, and so on.

I know Weg's can affect random things randomly, but curious if anyone else has had this happen?

David

pberggren1
06-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Both mine are blocked. Have been for quite a while. My left one first blocked up in late 2008 and I had it corrected in 2009. It did not take and the tube tore a wider hole. But now the right eye is blocked and much worse than the left one. It seems like the left one did start working again a bit on its own. But I hate wiping away the puss all the time, especially from the right one. If my vision in the right eye gets back to 20/20 or close to that I will consider doing the right eye as well.

I would just be honest with your prospective employers and say that you have a blocked nasolacrimal duct and are waiting to have an endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy to correct it. When I use medical terms most people say: Huh?......lol.

drz
06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Both mine are blocked. Have been for quite a while. My left one first blocked up in late 2008 and I had it corrected in 2009. It did not take and the tube tore a wider hole. But now the right eye is blocked and much worse than the left one. It seems like the left one did start working again a bit on its own. But I hate wiping away the puss all the time, especially from the right one. If my vision in the right eye gets back to 20/20 or close to that I will consider doing the right eye as well.

I would just be honest with your prospective employers and say that you have a blocked nasolacrimal duct and are waiting to have an endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy to correct it. When I use medical terms most people say: Huh?......lol.

Prospective employer might think that is a big expensive operation with long recovery period and declined to hire you so maybe simple terms might be better.

Natalie
06-26-2012, 08:03 AM
hi Toby , before I lost my sight in my left eye , eye would water constantly I couldn't control it . looked like i was crying all the time . I was told by an optometrist after i lost sight That I have blocked ducts and just to hold a hot face washer over my eyes when I shower , to unblock them ? or to help unblock them .

Sangye
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
It's good to see you, Natalie. :smile1:

me2
06-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I had a dacryocystorhinostomy many years ago to correct a plugged eye duct that kept getting horrible infections. The DCR has worked great ever since then. Now my other eye is plugged, like yours, and I get tears and puss. I just don't want to get the procedure done. Mine was not endoscopic.
Phil did they go through a hole in your face (like mine was) . I have a faint but long scar along the line of my nose where they made a large hole. Maybe they have less invasive procedures now?

pberggren1
06-27-2012, 06:07 AM
I had a dacryocystorhinostomy many years ago to correct a plugged eye duct that kept getting horrible infections. The DCR has worked great ever since then. Now my other eye is plugged, like yours, and I get tears and puss. I just don't want to get the procedure done. Mine was not endoscopic.
Phil did they go through a hole in your face (like mine was) . I have a faint but long scar along the line of my nose where they made a large hole. Maybe they have less invasive procedures now?

Hi Kirk,

Yes, the doc had to take part of the bone out on the side of the nose.

me2
06-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi Kirk,

Yes, the doc had to take part of the bone out on the side of the nose.

Ok, that sounds as fun as what I had done. (it did work though and for that we can be grateful)