PDA

View Full Version : have to post new thread to say anything...

delorisdoe
06-20-2012, 01:58 AM
I can only respond to some threads and I eventually get locked out of those as well. I just wanted to reply to the status of chris g (female). we email each other sometimes. The last we talked she and her doctor decided to skip a rituxan treatment as all is going well. as for the rest of the people here that are not here, if their experience with this site is anything like mine it is just not worth trying to participate. as I said for me I can sometimes answer once or twice and then I am locked out completely. I can browse as a guest but that is just not really fun as I want to answer but can not. It is frustrating and dissapointing. I will tell chris to try to pop in and update all of you.

drz
06-20-2012, 02:20 AM
This is sad to hear that access to site is such a problem. I have had some intermittent problems for some length of time, except for period when the site was hacked and down for everybody, but generally can get on here if I persist over a few hours, some times even minutes. I know some of the members having trouble are very internet savvy who report no problems with accessing other sites so the problem must be some where in the server or bandwidth to it. I don't know enough about such things to be of any help. I have only had the inability to post a couple of times as it usually works fine for me like now.

pberggren1
06-20-2012, 03:59 AM
I just sent Andrew another e-mail about this. He can not seem to fix this.

Sangye
06-21-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm glad to hear Chris is okay.

I seem to be the only one (or only one of a handful) who never has a problem connecting or posting. It must be awful. I hope Andrew can find a solution!

Tippon
06-21-2012, 03:10 AM
On the rare occasions I've been able to connect, I've been having the same problem. I thought it was just me though.

delorisdoe
06-21-2012, 04:46 AM
On the rare occasions I've been able to connect, I've been having the same problem. I thought it was just me though.

And until just now I thought it was just me. I will go weeks without even checking in as it is more frustrating than I can stand. I hope I dont need anymore wegeners advice as I would not be able to read it.

pwc51
06-21-2012, 06:41 AM
For me the site itself sometimes takes several attmepts to connect (no pattern I can detect). Also, once on the site and as others here, I can sometimes not display threads of interest. I Emailed Andrew a while ago but had no response so just, frustratingly, live with it. (Guess others tried the same so he was swamped).

Tippon
06-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Andrew: If you see this post, I hope you don't mind me making some suggestions.

If you've got any custom themes or plugins running on the forum, try disabling them. I'm sure none of us would mind, especially if it means the forums work for everyone.

Try changing hosts. Obviously that takes a lot more work, but I'm using Servers free – free web hosting servers, servers for free, free server (http://www.serversfree.com) for a few of my sites, and they seem to be really good :)

Sorry if these seem like obvious steps, but I find it better to start with the basics first :)

vdub
06-24-2012, 11:30 AM
I still have a hard time getting on too. Like everyone else, I sometimes go days before it will connect and even when I do connect, often times I can't read some posts.

Psyborg
06-26-2012, 05:59 AM
For the most part I don't have more than intermittent problems, so I feel pretty lucky. Is there anything in common between those who can't connect? I'm guessing it might be the network pathing some of us are taking. I never have issues at home, but frequently do at work.

What browsers do you all use? I use chrome now.

Lightwarrior
06-26-2012, 06:07 AM
For the most part I don't have more than intermittent problems, so I feel pretty lucky. Is there anything in common between those who can't connect? I'm guessing it might be the network pathing some of us are taking. I never have issues at home, but frequently do at work.

What browsers do you all use? I use chrome now.

I feel pretty lucky also. It never takes me more than two tries. (not I have probably doomed myself ):w00t:

vdub
06-26-2012, 06:50 AM
I have used both Chrome and IE. Currently, I am using IE because I prefer it and I was having the same problem with Chrome. While I'm home, I'm using a local network provider. When I'm on the road, I use Verizon. I haven't seen any difference.

I guess something we could all do is to do a tracert whenever we can't connect and see if there is a common hangup. To do a tracert, just open a DOS window and at the c:>, type in tracert 96.30.52.120. 96.30.52.120 is the IP address of Andrew's server on crudd.net. Below is a tracert that I just did.

Sangye
06-26-2012, 01:37 PM
I use Chrome and have never had a problem connecting. I think I was using Firefox when the problems began for you guys.

mishb
06-27-2012, 12:42 AM
I use Chrome or IE at home or a Citrix base at work and don't have any connection problems on any.........maybe its because I am closer to Andrew.

Psyborg
06-27-2012, 03:11 AM
I use Chrome and have never had a problem connecting. I think I was using Firefox when the problems began for you guys.

I wonder if it's level13 that has the problem. Mine looks similar outside of those servers. My isp is routing through savvis.net instead though and it's much faster.