PDA

View Full Version : The inside of my mouth is so swollen

Debbie C
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't know what's causing it. The left side is worse than the other but is all "puffy" and seems to be getting worse. I now have a sore throat. And last nite I had like a pinpoint black dot on the right side,well thats gone today but there's one on the left. I tried talking to my reumy today but he just got back from vacation and never got back to be. I gonna go to the e.r. tomorrow to get blood work done and I think I'll see one of the docs there. But they don't know anything about W.G. and always blame my anxiety for things. Anyone have any idea or anything I can do for the swelling ?:confused1:

Sangye
06-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Do you have any swollen lymph nodes under your jaw, in your neck or around your ear (front and back)?

Is the sore throat on the same side as the swelling? Does the cheek hurt? There are several things that can cause it, infection being one.

Al
06-20-2012, 01:01 AM
It does sound like an infection of some kind could be involved, Debra. I would definitely get this looked at. Whatever the cause, the effect is clearly an immune response, which is a dodgy thing for a weggie. Even a suppressed immune system cat go whacky on you.

Al