PDA

View Full Version : zombie apocalypse.

crackers
06-13-2012, 11:01 AM
i read recently that the CDC issued a statement denying an imminent zombie apocalypse following some gruesome incidents.i also read that some other people from around the country had witnessed seeing "people" with grotesquely swollen heads and bulging eyes who had ravenous appetites.sounds like weggies on pred to me.:w00t:

Al
06-13-2012, 11:21 AM
i read recently that the CDC issued a statement denying an imminent zombie apocalypse following some gruesome incidents.i also read that some other people from around the country had witnessed seeing "people" with grotesquely swollen heads and bulging eyes who had ravenous appetites.sounds like weggies on pred to me.:w00t:I'm kinda thinking, John, that those wacky Americans are in desperate need of a diversion from the horrors of politics, the economy, and weird doings around the world.

Al

crackers
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
i agree al but the paranoia of people is breathtaking even going back to orson welles in 1938 with war of the worlds.

Al
06-13-2012, 11:48 AM
i agree al but the paranoia of people is breathtaking even going back to orson welles in 1938 with war of the worlds.That was a good one, John. Still, it offends my sensitivities when the paranoia becomes literally breath-taking. It sometimes feels like Lord of the Flies around here....

Al

crackers
06-13-2012, 12:00 PM
in that case al just make sure you're not Piggy.

Al
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
in that case al just make sure you're not Piggy.Yeah. Thanks, John....

Al

Dirty Don
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Paranoia rates a certain amount of intelligence, albeit negative. The masses, the blocks, the worse than senseless things are just plainly stupid...such is the flaw of humanity.

Al
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Paranoia rates a certain amount of intelligence, albeit negative. The masses, the blocks, the worse than senseless things are just plainly stupid...such is the flaw of humanity.Hey, Don, you hard-hearted English teacher of Rome, don't forget the "stones"!

Al

Dirty Don
06-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Hey, Don, you hard-hearted English teacher of Rome, don't forget the "stones"!Al

YE stones...as in Rolling Stones...'please let me introduce myself...' - have you no sympathy for the devil????? - OK OK, you got me...but it's a great and accurate description, doncha think!

Al
06-15-2012, 03:02 PM
YE stones...as in Rolling Stones...'please let me introduce myself...' - have you no sympathy for the devil????? - OK OK, you got me...but it's a great and accurate description, doncha think! Yeah, Don, I know the tune. Great abd accurate for sure--or at least "for all practical purposes". Still, my favorite Rolling Stone is, I think, the first literary effort of one William Sydney Porter.

Al

Dryhill
06-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah, Don, I know the tune. Great abd accurate for sure--or at least "for all practical purposes". Still, my favorite Rolling Stone is, I think, the first literary effort of one William Sydney Porter.

Al

Al, which one was that Cabbages and Kings?

Jim

Dryhill
06-15-2012, 08:28 PM
i read recently that the CDC issued a statement denying an imminent zombie apocalypse following some gruesome incidents.i also read that some other people from around the country had witnessed seeing "people" with grotesquely swollen heads and bulging eyes who had ravenous appetites.sounds like weggies on pred to me.:w00t:

Sorry it is all my fault, I let my neighbours see me first thing in the morning before I got some tea and coffee inside me. I do normally try and keep the curtains drawn till I stop stumbling around in a daze.

Jim

Lightwarrior
06-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Sorry it is all my fault, I let my neighbours see me first thing in the morning before I got some tea and coffee inside me. I do normally try and keep the curtains drawn till I stop stumbling around in a daze.

Jim

As long as you understand that you MUST keep those curtains closed. No more CDC zombie scares :w00t:

Al
06-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Al, which one was that Cabbages and Kings?

Jim
Rolling Stone pre-dated Cabbages and Kings buy many years. It was a short-lived publication, but showed much promise, C&K had some of O Henry's most famous stories ("The Gift of the Magi", e.g.), though my favorite, I think, are in Trimmed Lamp. Perhaps the best collection for Weggies, though, is Roads of Destiny.

Al