PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo?

Sangye
05-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Has anyone had vertigo as part of their Wegs? I have a sinus infection that I haven't been able to kick (got it in the hospital while treating pneumonia) and I started a new antibiotic 2 days ago. I thought the antibiotic was the culprit, but it's been 24 hrs since I took the last dose and I'm still reeling.

It could be an inner ear infection, also. Anyway, I don't recall hearing it in association with Wegs, but you folks would know. :)

RCOSSIO
05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Sangye do you think Cellcept might have caused it? I know side effects includes "dizziness."

Sangye
05-10-2009, 11:32 PM
No, I've been on Cellcept for almost 2 yrs and have never had it. I actually barely notice Cellcept effects. My docs say that's typical-- very few side effects, if any-- so I hope it goes that way for you, too.

Vertigo is better today. Hopefully just the antibiotic...

andrew
05-12-2009, 05:27 AM
I have dizziness sometimes which usually follows a 'gurgling' noise in my head that I can only assume is my ear canals somewhere. Other dizziness is related to BP for me. Not sure if I would call any of it vertigo though.

Hmmm...that wasn't a very helpful post was it? :D

Edit: What's the antibiotic that you're on?

Sangye
05-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Hmmm...that wasn't a very helpful post was it? :D
Well, no, but funny as heck. Gurgling noise in your head??!! Maybe you need Draino.

Edit: What's the antibiotic that you're on?
I started on Minocycline. Don't know if that was the problem. Vertigo is listed as a "top" side effect. I switched back to Doxycycline yesterday. Vertigo is still there--maybe less. I'm wondering if it's from my sinuses, which are unhappy. :confused:

andrew
05-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Gurgling noise in your head??!! Maybe you need Draino.
That's after the draino....hey...that's it!!

I started on Minocycline. Don't know if that was the problem. Vertigo is listed as a "top" side effect. I switched back to Doxycycline yesterday. Vertigo is still there--maybe less. I'm wondering if it's from my sinuses, which are unhappy. :confused:

Sinuses can have a lot to do with balance if they're all scudgy and blocked up. I reckon though it'll be the antibiotic. We can fly to the moon (at least we USED to), operate on babies before they're born, do face and limb transplants, give people robotic limbs and bionic ears but we can't produce this antobiotic without the vertigo side effects. Sighs.

Geoff
06-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Had tablets perscribed by Doc for Vertigo before WG diagnosis and its been pretty much all in my head since then. Currently battling off an ear infection which seems to have passed around thru family and work colleagues, how bizarre. Side effects are whistling in the ears, 'sqelchy' poppy sensation as well. Worst of all is walking along and feeling like your head is 10 minutes behind! totally detatched and floating.

Jack
06-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Worst of all is walking along and feeling like your head is 10 minutes behind! totally detatched and floating.
Some people pay good money to feel like that! ;)

Geoff
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Cheers Jack,

Its true that laughter is the best medicine! You'll be pleased to know that 'my head' caught up with the rest of me this week. Most of my friends prefer me like I was before!!

Sangye
07-14-2009, 03:19 AM
It was definitely the antibiotic-- Minocycline. Thankfully, doxycycline (same family) didn't do that. It took almost 3 days after stopping the mino for the room to stop, too. I won't soon forget that SS Minnow trip. (Anyone an old fan of Gilligan's Island and get the ref?) ;)