PDA

View Full Version : Hope you're all doing well

katarzena
05-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I came a few days ago to see what's new on forums.
I've been in remission for about a year now, still do regular check ups and haven't been on any medications for a few months now.
I've been quite busy with college and all that.

Has anyone else reached remission since I've been active on forums?

Kisses :*

drz
05-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I came a few days ago to see what's new on forums.
I've been in remission for about a year now, still do regular check ups and haven't been on any medications for a few months now.
I've been quite busy with college and all that.

Has anyone else reached remission since I've been active on forums?

Kisses :*

Glad to hear about the remission. Hope it lasts a long time. I just passed the one year mark for remission and hope to keep that state for a long time. How is college and your studies going for you? We have some new younger people your age who joined after you. They will be happy to hear your success story.

pberggren1
05-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm so happy for you Katarzena. I hope you have a very long remission. I have been in remission now for almost a year but am still on many meds and will be for a long time to come. I hope you can finish college.

mishb
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
That is excellent news Katarzena. It gives hope to many many people on here.

I hope you stay symptom free for a very long time, such as ...... forever.

katarzena
05-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you all for your support :) I've been doing really good at college, thanks for asking. In July I will finish my first year of college.
After awhile, I came back and researched on google about some news with wegener's and vasculitis in general but havent found much.
Are there any new optimistic stories with long term remissions you have heard of lately? I could really use some right now 'cause I feel I've been dealing with some kind of post diagnoses/treatment depression. Luckily, wegener's hasnt left me with much damage except a hole in my septum, but mental damage.. Oh boy.. :))

Since our disease is much less known than some other dieseases such as Lupus, but they're similar, I came across this quite positive thread on their forum about long term remission which keeps me going. If you're interested here's the link!
Lupus Remission - Lupus Message Board - HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lupus/675326-lupus-remission.html#post3904009)

katarzena
05-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Thank you all for your support :) I've been doing really good at college, thanks for asking. In July I will finish my first year of college.
After awhile, I came back and researched on google about some news with wegener's and vasculitis in general but havent found much.
Are there any new optimistic stories with long term remissions you have heard of lately? I could really use some right now 'cause I feel I've been dealing with some kind of post diagnoses/treatment depression. Luckily, wegener's hasnt left me with much damage except a hole in my septum, but mental damage.. Oh boy.. :))

Since our disease is much less known than some other dieseases such as Lupus, but they're similar, I came across this quite positive thread on their forum about long term remission which keeps me going. If you're interested here's the link!
Lupus Remission - Lupus Message Board - HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lupus/675326-lupus-remission.html#post3904009)

Al
05-22-2012, 05:22 PM

I'm glad you are doing so well, Katarzena. As far as "remissions" are concerned, we are all different. And it is hard, in any case, to know what te word actually means, since doctors seem to use it in many different ways. In my case, I haven't had any actual disease activity in more than a year, though I have lingering effects from early flares. Many have shared stories of managing WG fairly successfully for long periods--in some cases, 30 or more years. You should have a full life ahead of you!

Al