PDA

View Full Version : New with questions

TammyE
04-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi,
I guess I should of indroduced my self My name is Tammy I am from California, I was diagnosed about a week ago. I am doing okay right now. It all is spinning in my head still. That is why I am looking for the support here. My family is great also they are behind me 200%.

annekat
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi, Tammy, and welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed about a year ago and have found this forum to be very important in dealing with Wegener's. There are people on here who know a lot and people with all kinds of variations of the disease who are here to give you support and answer any questions. We also have fun on here. We'd be glad to hear more about your WG experience. I know it is scary at first but for most of us it gets better. Keep us posted on how it is going.

Dirty Don
04-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Welcome TammyE, this is a great forum for support and some good medical advice. Lots of peeps with personal & educated knowledge on here for many stages and degrees of WG. I was dx'd last Aug with a 'limited' case of WG: sinuses & dropped foot & some other smaller things. In the last 2 weeks, my rheumy & pulmy have declared me in remission, w/ meds being reduced now for a while, maybe forever I hope. Point is, as Anne said, for most of us, once we get appropriate & experienced help, things do get better, and your head spin will slow down & confidence in a 'new' life begins again. Best of luck, drop in often, tell your story as well!

elephant
04-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Welcome Tammy, you will get lots of support on this forum. That is why I joined when I was diagnosed in 2008. I have learned so much and so will you.

Al
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome, Tammy. This is, indeed, a head- (and soul-) spinning situation. It is also, in many ways, very disorienting: Just when you think you have life all figured out, this stuff happens, and suddenly everything is all turned around. But we have all had this happen--not all the same experiences, of course, but the same feeling of being spun around. So, being in same boat race, if not the same actual boats, we are all here for you!

Al

Jaha
04-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Tammy

Welcome and glad you found us. You will find lots of info here that is of great importance to maintaining your sanity and health.
Jana

NicShaf
04-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Tammy, welcome to the group.

Everyone here is great, and they will be able to help you along. Glad to hear you have a supportive family.

Where in CA are you? I'm in So Cal, Orange County area.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

RudiK
04-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Hello Tammy, and welcome to this forum. It is by far the best place on the web where you find support and advice to help you through this ugly illness. I was diagnosed in April 2011 and went into remission in Sept/Oct 2011. I'm one of the lucky ones, if that is possible with WG, in that I lost 60% of kidney functions, lost all feelings in my feet and most of the feelings in the thumb, index finger and middle finger of my right hand, and my right ear feels like it is always "plugged" up. Lucky for me I have no joint, no lung, and no sinus problems.
Keep us up to date how you are doing, and the best of luck.
Rudi K.

Dryhill
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi Tammy, welcome to the forum I am glad you found us and hope we can answer any questions you may have.

Dryhill
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
So, being in same boat race, if not the same actual boats, we are all here for you!

Al

Al, boat race is a bad subject here in the UK at the moment, after last Saturdays fiasco at The Boat Race, even though my team (Cambridge) won it did not feel like a victory.

Jim

Psyborg
04-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Welcome Tammy