PDA

View Full Version : Tingling/Icy Sensation

Psyborg
04-09-2012, 07:09 AM
So I've had people tell me this is weird, wondering if it's a symptom I've never noticed before. I have noted lately that when walking/excercising I get this weird tingling sensation. It actually feels almost like tiny drops of icewater all over my thighs and backside. I actually thought it was sweat initially then determined there was no accompanying dampness. There is no pain, but it does feel quite odd...just wanted to ask if anyone else had anything similar.

Other than that and some fatigue I'm doing pretty good so it's extremely mild and seems almost trivial to ask, but I'm trying to pay attention if my body does something it didn't used to.

pberggren1
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Strange, but could be a cold or infection coming on. I haven't had that exact symptom before though.

mishb
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I had that before my diagnosis.....but on my arms (every couple of hours). I think only once on my legs.
Sometimes I thought there was a leak or something in the ceiling and cold water was dripping on my arms (which is strange because I always wear sleeves)
At other times it felt like I was bleeding and it was running down my arms.

I mentioned it to the rheumy on my very first visit, and he said it sounded very strange and may be a nerve thing and if it didn't go away after commencing med's then they would do a nerve test.
Thankfully I haven't had it since, and never mentioned it again, because I thought I was just weird.

You are definately not weird ......... but then again, if we are the only ones ........ maybe we are both weird

Psyborg
04-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys, I'll mention it next time I see my doc.

Al
04-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Bob, this is definitely a nerve thing. But it is worth noting that these sensations do not necessarily indicate anything at the site of the tingling. All pain and other sensations come from within the brain. So it is possible that the "pain centers" of the brain are overly sensitized at those times, which would indicate something chemical--like (just for example) am imbalance due to medications.

Al

BethCK
10-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I registered specifically so that I could say that I started with this symptom yesterday. I'm wondering how you progressed with it. Did it go away eventually? I have had WG for nearly ten years. I thought it might be a new combo of drugs but the pharmacist said he thought "no". Don't know if a visit to the doctor is essential for this.
Beth

Dirty Don
10-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Welcome Beth, glad you found us! May I suggest you start a new thread with the question as more people may see it and respond. Thanks and best to you!

NikkiNicole
10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
How did I not see this before? I just went to my general practice doctor for a tingling in my upper spine and an icy cold feeling in the same area, then 4 icy pin pricks in my bicep area. How odd. My doc didn't think it was spinal related, felt it was more the nerves at the surface.
She said if I start to have pain ..... well then that's another issue.

Dirty Don
10-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Could be a degree of neuropathy and/or a flare???

Savva
10-25-2013, 11:29 PM
I have noted lately that when walking/excercising I get this weird tingling sensation. It actually feels almost like tiny drops of icewater all over my thighs and backside.

I often got this sensation when exercising hard and intensively. Usually when I was doing pull-ups or push-ups. BUT I dont know how much time it took - maybe 5-6 month of regular exercises - and one day finally I got rid of this. I still do not know how. But every time I exercise I do not get this tingling feeling anymore. Btw, by intensity I mean 115 push-ups in a row without stop/ brake or lowering speed - that's exactly what I've managed to accomplish by now. Or 23 pull-ups. (I am NOT joking and being 200% serious). So if you still get this, I don't know what to tell you, but I tend to think that exercise saved me, I may be wrong though.

Dirty Don
10-26-2013, 04:15 AM
Nerve damage CAN heal, but it's iffy at best. If nerves do/can heal their damage, then one usually has about a year or so before they can realize whether it's permanent or not. Takes time for the ganglia to repair/heal...if they can do that at all. Nerves can only take the slightest of damage or stretching before they are beyond repair. I've coached athletics for years, have seen many nerve problems in bodies...some heal, most do not. Good on the workouts Savva! I'm envious...oh to be young again!! LOL!

Pete
10-26-2013, 05:17 AM
I often got this sensation when exercising hard and intensively. Usually when I was doing pull-ups or push-ups. BUT I dont know how much time it took - maybe 5-6 month of regular exercises - and one day finally I got rid of this. I still do not know how. But every time I exercise I do not get this tingling feeling anymore. Btw, by intensity I mean 115 push-ups in a row without stop/ brake or lowering speed - that's exactly what I've managed to accomplish by now. Or 23 pull-ups. (I am NOT joking and being 200% serious). So if you still get this, I don't know what to tell you, but I tend to think that exercise saved me, I may be wrong though.

What a beast!!! I wish I could do five push-ups and five pull-ups.

Savva
10-26-2013, 05:40 AM
What a beast!!! I wish I could do five push-ups and five pull-ups.
Actually you can. I started from the bottom this year 2013 in April (20th, I guess). In April I could not make a single pull-up and did around 20-30 (at best) push-ups. I can not say I exercised every day, It was a time when I had to stop doing workouts for a month or so and was also the time when I was sick, etc. But I tried to do it regularly and keep fit overall.

Dirty Don
10-26-2013, 01:42 PM
We're old Savva...I mean reallllly old!! LMAO! You just remind me of my youth...somehow gravity has won out no matter how hard I try, and as I age I like physical stuff less and less! Hmmm, that could be the problem!!!!!!!