PDA

View Full Version : well i've reached sixty today.

crackers
04-07-2012, 10:03 AM
at the age of 55 i was healthy and very fit, then,in chronilogical order WG,scepticemia,peritonitis,cancer and heart attack.maybe despite our problems we stronger than we think.
john.

Dryhill
04-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Congratulations youngster! You have to be strong if you live in such heathen parts, you should move to God's chosen county of Surrey :flapper:

Jim

crackers
04-07-2012, 11:05 AM
you may be right jim.do you have tripe and pigs trotters down there.if so i'm on my way.

Debbie C
04-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Happy 60th John>Hope u have many more but healthier ones now. I love the pictures of your dogs,I used to have a German Shephard almost like that one, she was a little more darker though and another dog that I think was a wolf. But any way Happt B-day:hug3:

Pete
04-07-2012, 11:21 AM
It is said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Happy birthday with many healthy ones to come.

annekat
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Happy Birthday, John! You are a 1952 baby, like me! The Year of the Dragon!

HopeinTN
04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Happy Birthday John!

mishb
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Happy Birthday John........have a fantastic day and I hope you get spoilt rotten.

Lets celebrate to many healthy years ahead of you. 60 could be the new 50

Al
04-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh to be 60 again, John! That was a time I didn't know any of this stuff--and I didn't know I needed to. Just remember: you have promises to keep, and miles to go, so Happy Birthday, and go get 'em!

Al

Rita.M
04-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Happy 60th John, may you be blessed with many more birthdays. Love the picture of your dogs
Having my dogs around really brightens up my day.
Cheers Rita.

julia
04-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Happy Birthday!!Enjoy the day!!

Dryhill
04-08-2012, 10:50 AM
you may be right jim.do you have tripe and pigs trotters down there.if so i'm on my way.

I have seen tripe in the supermarket but not pigs trotters, though my dad used to get hold of them for making brawn. You can get pork scratchings nearly everywhere if that is any consolation. By the way I think there will be a number of those from across the pond who will be wondering what we are talking about.

Oh Al, are these ok foods?

Jim

crackers
04-08-2012, 11:29 AM
thank you to you all for your extremely kind birthday wishes.oh and jim,as regards ok foods,i'd better not mention black pudding although i must say that knowing what it's made of i've never eaten it.
john.

chrisTIn@
04-08-2012, 10:35 PM
A bit late, but I wanted to congratulateyou also! It's very inspiring to read that you have overcome so many difficulties!
The pictures of your dogs are wonderfull indeed... :smile1:

Jaha
04-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Happy Birthday to you! and many More!
Jana

Dryhill
04-09-2012, 11:54 AM
thank you to you all for your extremely kind birthday wishes.oh and jim,as regards ok foods,i'd better not mention black pudding although i must say that knowing what it's made of i've never eaten it.
john.

I must say that bit of knowledge put me off as well, I would probably have been alright if I had eaten it first then found out its ingrediants.

Jim

mishb
04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I must say that bit of knowledge put me off as well, I would probably have been alright if I had eaten it first then found out its ingrediants.

Jim

I watched them make it on a cooking show once.

There ain't no chance whatsoever that I would be eating that stuff ..... no way, no how :thumbdn::razz:

Al
04-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I have seen tripe in the supermarket but not pigs trotters, though my dad used to get hold of them for making brawn. You can get pork scratchings nearly everywhere if that is any consolation. By the way I think there will be a number of those from across the pond who will be wondering what we are talking about.

Oh Al, are these ok foods?

Jim
Well, given that there will always be parochial differences in culinary preferences, and given also that it is often a bad idea to know precisely how your food is prepared (in the same sense that you might want to believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Eater Bunny--just for cultural reasons, of course), I can only say that various indescribable animal parts is not my er, cup of tea. A further note: I'm not sure that Michelle, as a confirmed Vegemitist, has a strong moral position on the matter of proper foods....

Al

mishb
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
oohh. ouch
My husband killed himself laughing. :lol::lol::lol:

You are correct though Al, I am not a big one on food matters, I like the simple roast or pasta dish, meat and 3 vegies type meals ....... and vegemite on toast.
Nothing exotic, spicy or too hot for me.

Sangye
04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Happy Birthday, John! I'm always so happy to see you post. You've been through some tough stuff and you keep smiling. That's a wonderful trait. :smile1:

Al
04-11-2012, 02:17 PM
oohh. ouch
My husband killed himself laughing. :lol::lol::lol:

You are correct though Al, I am not a big one on food matters, I like the simple roast or pasta dish, meat and 3 vegies type meals ....... and vegemite on toast.
Nothing exotic, spicy or too hot for me.Hate to be responsible for spousal suicide, Michelle. Has the poor guy recovered? And we evidently have different ideas what is exotic, spicy, or too hot. But then, around here, geese do not roost in trees in order to avoid crocodiles. Oh, and our hurricanes spin counterclockwise. On the plus side, we generally don't have hurricanes where I live. And no one I know eats Vegemite on toast, or on anything else.

Al