PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

andrew
04-29-2009, 05:49 AM
I really have to upgrade the site software. It will be done this weekend. You may notice some downtime but it shouldn't be a lot. If you come to the site this weekend and it's not working, come back in half an hour and all should be ok.

coffeelover
04-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks Andrew for keeping up on the site. It sure was a life saver for my WG attitude. Much appreciated
Lisa

Doug
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Andrew for keeping up on the site. It sure was a life saver for my WG attitude. Much appreciated
Lisa

I wish I'd had it when I was in the early stages of WG. I agree with Lisa! Thanks for your efforts. They inspired me to do the YouTubes as part of the Vasculitis Awareness Month activities. I started a blog, too, though I don't have the mechanics of production down yet. I wrote two of them, but don't know if they actually are out "there", wherever blogs go!

Derek
04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Andrew. Good on you for giving your time to this site. I have only been a member for a week or so but have got so much from it already with the knowlege
that the members have.

Well done

Derek

andrew
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks all. It has already gone beyond what I hoped. Thanks to all of you for making such a great coomunity!

coffeelover
04-30-2009, 11:44 AM
OUr community has mutiplied ....like (dare I say) rabbits

Doug
04-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah! Bunny rabbits from hell!

jola57
04-30-2009, 05:49 PM
You sure pulled a rabbit (there I said it too) out of the hat with this site Andrew. Thank you Andrew and thank you to all that come here and share your stories and symptoms. Just knowing that I am not alone in this battle, that I can count on you all, gives me the strength to be the sunny me that I am.:);):p:D :0)

Doug
04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Jolanta is the new smiley queen! (six!) That was was too clever, yet I have to applaud you! Good job! (I won't tell Andrew....)

jola57
05-03-2009, 12:58 AM
It was briliant wasn't it, he he he

Sangye
05-03-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm so grateful for this group, too. What on earth did I do without all of you? I really like the format, too-- how you can go back and read old threads so easily. Thank you, Andrew!

Doug
05-03-2009, 06:28 AM
[quote=jola57;2346]It was briliant wasn't it, he he he[/quote :):):):)

I think this is your day, Jolanta! you must be feeling reasonably well! I know I am! I had fun with the old people over at the care center, helping those with hearing loss and physical disabilities place their BINGO markers. I was playing five cards, in essence, though that won't impress many who BINGO a lot. Then I helped with the exercise session, which brings out an interestingly aggressive side of some of the sweetest ladies I've ever known! I mention these things because it's important for those of you in the early stages of treatment to know that you will have the good days return for the most part. And part of that involves a positive attitude and a willingness to get outside yourself and your medical issues! Helping others, being a volunteer is such a joyous thing to do, and it may be something for you to consider down the road, if you don't already do it.

andrew
05-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Gaaaaaa!! This will requie more planning than I thought :eek:

Will give it another shot next weekend :D

Doug
05-03-2009, 10:23 AM
The IT gods and goddesses where I used to work would sacrifice a goat in front of the mainframe or appropriate work stations in the circumstances you find yourself, Andrew. I don't think any virgins were involved because, to my best knowledge, there weren't any at corporate headquarters. Not one!:rolleyes::p:D:confused:

andrew
05-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Nah, no need for that. That's so 2008:D. I have a few secret and not so secret swear words that, when said in the right order usually result in a smooth upgrade. I must have got them out of sequence this morning :D:D

Doug
05-03-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/roadside/Nebraska-Carhenge-01.jpg

Yes, I remember words! And special secret doings at Carhenge....

Doug
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
There are plans afoot for a celebration at Carhenge at summer solstice. Fortunately I'm not a virgin anymore. Nor a Druid. Nor a neo-Druid. Nor a quasi-Druid. Nor a Druid-wannabe! Won't be there! :rolleyes:

JohnL
06-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Please add my thanks Andrew - wish I had this site 6 years ago at the onset - might have made it a litttle easier !!

andrew
12-17-2009, 07:41 PM
The new version of the software that runs this site is going to be released in the next several days. Come Christmas/New Year time, the site will probably have a whole new look and will more than likely confuse some/all of us. Unfortunately there's no way around it at this stage. I'll try and fit the demon bunny in though!!

Functionality will be the same i.e. new posts link, reply to thread, create new thread, search, private messaging etc etc but things will be in different places. It'll take a bit of getting used to but you'll soon be an expert :D

I've got two other forums to upgrade as well so by the time I get to this one I'll be an expert :cool::cool:

deb
12-18-2009, 05:49 AM
Thank you Andrew for all you do to bring this site to those who need it and to help us navigate it as well. I know how much work you must put in and want to applaud you for your passion to keep us connected. You are wonderful and we appreciate all you time and effort!

elephant
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks Andrew too!:D I was too busy eating peanuts to even think of thanking you.:o

katwoman
12-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Andrew, just wanted to give you a big thanks for all your effort in running/maintaining this website, so here it is:
THANKS
:D:Dkatwoman

Sangye
12-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Me, too! Thank you for everything you do to facilitate this group for us. I don't know where I'd be without you guys. :)

onatreetop
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Thank you So much! I can't imagine doing this without all your help and support. This forum and its people make dealing with WG more bearable. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! For the piece of mind I thought I lost!:D

andrew
12-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks peeps, it's a pleasure!

jola57
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
This website is a life line. Thank you Andrew for starting it and for maintaining it for us.

andrew
12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I'd love to see as many of us as possible one day getting together somewhere. Hopefully it will be possible some day!

jola57
12-20-2009, 06:24 PM
A wish that I wholeheartedly would like to see come true.

andrew
12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Yup! I reckon we could give the Richter scale a workout!

Sangye
12-21-2009, 02:49 AM
That got me laughing.

Climate Change? We ain't seen nothing. Wait until all the Weggies move to one point on the globe and tilt the earth's axis! :D:D

elephant
12-21-2009, 04:14 AM
It would look like Noah's ark. Elephant's dogs, cats, ducks, ect..

pwc51
12-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Sangye - Unfortunately the relative rarity of our condition means there probably aren't enough of us to have too much effect - much as we might like it to!

I suspect it is our relatively low numbers that also restricts funding into research into our condition too! Does not hit the headlines like some other diseases!

Sangye
12-21-2009, 08:30 AM
LOL-- it wasn't a statement about our numbers, it was a statement about our, um... collective mass, thanks to pred! :D:D

Terri
12-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes Andrew, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
And thanks to the people that give their time to my disease.
You are all life savers to me. I would like to see us all together one day for sure.:cool:

katwoman
12-21-2009, 07:57 PM
LOL-- it wasn't a statement about our numbers, it was a statement about our, um... collective mass, thanks to pred! :D:D

I was on your wave length Sangye...LOL, if we ever all do meet up I hope the place has big kitchen/dining facilities...:D:D

Sangye
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I love how our minds work-- "Gotta have room for all our animals, gotta have big kitchens...." Totally. :D:D

Kimbangu
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Well, as a new recruit to the world of WG, I know surprisingly little about it. And I am finding that the internet ( especially Youtube!) is a big, scary place when researching the subject .... So, thanks for just being there. This site is a really good resource. In fact I have decided the ONLY place I will look for online information on WG is through this forum. I find the search facility very useful indeed.

Thank you Andrew. You don't know how much it means, having this resource here. And I know it takes time and personal committment to make these things happen. They don't just happen.

Sangye
12-23-2009, 09:46 AM
And I know it takes time and personal committment to make these things happen. They don't just happen.
Yup, the truth is out Andrew. Finally we all know that the Tooth Fairy didn't trade your baby teeth for a magic wand! :D:D

andrew
12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Thank you Andrew. You don't know how much it means, having this resource here. And I know it takes time and personal committment to make these things happen. They don't just happen.

Thanks Kimgangu, it's a labour of love :)

Yup, the truth is out Andrew. Finally we all know that the Tooth Fairy didn't trade your baby teeth for a magic wand! :D:D

Well actually...I caught the tooth fairy and didn't let her go until she gave me her wand :D

Ok people, the time has come. Some time over the Christmas weekend this site will be upgraded. Feel free to email me if you have any problems post-upgrade. I'll try and produce some step-by-step instructions for those having issues with the new layout.

Sangye
12-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Okey doke. How does that song go? "All I want for Christmas is the Demon Bunny. The Demon Bunny. The Demon Bunny..." :D:D

Doug
12-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Upgrades are necessary and evil. I still am having issues on DailyBooth that seem never resolved. :mad: I have faith in you, though, Andrew!

andrew
12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks Doug!

***ATTENTION***

***UPGRADE TIMING***

Upgrade will commence 6am 27 December AUSTRALIAN EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME

This equates to:

26 December @ 11am in California
26 December @ 12 noon in Colorado
26 December @ 1pm in Chicago
26 December @ 2pm in New York

26 December @ 7pm in London and Dublin

I think I covered the main protagonists :)

This will finish approximately 4 hours later give or take. I'm doing two at the same time so I hope I don't get confused :eek::confused:

During this time you will either get a weird error when you access the site or a nice if not clever and witty message regarding the upgrade.

I ALWAYS back up before I start so the worst case scenario is that it gets put back the way it was.

timbo vic aust
12-28-2009, 10:56 PM
a job well done andrew the new site looks good a jazzy upgrade lighter and brighter . :)

jola57
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Good job Andrew. Would it be hard to make the side icons nice like the bottom post icons. I know that your are dealing eith the dice icon issue. Go forth and conquer Andrew.

Sangye
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Is anyone else having a hard time seeing the smileys with the new site? They just look like fuzzy blobs to me. I'm having a hard time expressing myself!

pberggren1
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes. I have to get closer to the screen now. I think you express yourself beautifully.

andrew
01-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah there are several things that need attention including smilies and the size of the text when typing a reply (ridiculously small IMO). You'll have to bear with me though. Having significant personal/family issues :(

Will be doing admin but will not be on the forums much for a while.

pberggren1
01-07-2010, 09:08 PM
We understand.

elephant
01-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Sorry to hear that Andrew.

timbo vic aust
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
hope all is well mate keep the chin up and we're thinking of you :)

Sangye
01-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Oh Andrew, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. No worries on any of this stuff. You take care of yourself. Hugs to you.

Sangye
01-10-2010, 03:35 AM
This is for you, Andrew.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/1/128700713258576167.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=1260708608)

(http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=1260708608)

Doug
01-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Yes, I'm sorry to hear that, too, Andrew. You bring an Aussie smile to this forum with your wonderful sense of humor, but life continues on around each of us, sometimes tapping us on the shoulder.

jola57
01-14-2010, 02:05 PM
How true Doug. I go with Sangye's bunny and offer many, many tiny hugs till you feel better and all your woes cant touch you.