PDA

View Full Version : Violins for Vasculitis

annekat
03-14-2012, 04:41 AM
I was sent this by the Vasculitis Education "group" on yahoo, which seems to be not really a group or forum, but more an ongoing collection by one person of articles and other tidbits related to vasculitis.

"Before the Music": Cleveland/Akron Meet n' Greet - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Tg0_XeJec)

It is a video that gives you a chance to meet and listen to others with Wegner's and other forms of vasculitis. It is interesting to me since I haven't met any others with WG. I believe this was followed by a violin concert for the benefit of vasculitis research, and you can see a short clip of that by clicking on the pic of a woman with a violin. The you tube page leads to other videos about or by people with Wegener's or other vasculitis.

I hope you get something out of it.

Anne

pberggren1
03-14-2012, 04:46 AM
I've chatted with Allison a few times. She is very nice.

annekat
03-14-2012, 04:49 AM
I've chatted with Allison a few times. She is very nice. Is Allison the one playing the violin? If so, she is very good. And she does seem very nice.

Anne

pberggren1
03-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Yes, Allison is the violinist. She does concerts and tells her story of Wegs and gives info on Vasculitis.

annekat
03-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Yes, Allison is the violinist. She does concerts and tells her story of Wegs and gives info on Vasculitis. She seems like a really awesome person. Good for her.

Anne

KathyB
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Annekat, are you in the Cleveland/Akron area? I grew up in Avon Lake and still have family in the area. Also, I got my B.S. in Education at The University of Akron! Go Zips! Wish I was living in the area. I would definitely attend the event! Enjoy!

KB

annekat
03-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Annekat, are you in the Cleveland/Akron area? I grew up in Avon Lake and still have family in the area. Also, I got my B.S. in Education at The University of Akron! Go Zips! Wish I was living in the area. I would definitely attend the event! Enjoy!

KB No, I'm on the West Coast in Olympia, Washington. This item came to my email inbox via the Vasculitis Education "group" on Yahoo. I just thought this seemed like a great event, and from what I've gathered, Allison gives these violin concerts for vasculitis awareness in other parts of the country as well.

Anne

mama2005
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
The v4v is a great program she has started. I and allison have meet she actualy did a small concert at my church. She is such a amazing violin player and her story is amazing. She really helped me realize that it would be a long road but a well worth it. We still keep in touch and meet up. She is always looking for places to go and play and spread the word.

annekat
03-15-2012, 08:48 AM
The v4v is a great program she has started. I and allison have meet she actualy did a small concert at my church. She is such a amazing violin player and her story is amazing. She really helped me realize that it would be a long road but a well worth it. We still keep in touch and meet up. She is always looking for places to go and play and spread the word. I'd like to find out more about her. This seems like such a great idea, and other musicians could participate, too, to help spread the word about vasculitis awareness.

Anne

Al
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd like to find out more about her. This seems like such a great idea, and other musicians could participate, too, to help spread the word about vasculitis awareness.

AnneStay tuned; I am working on just such a poster....

Al

KathyB
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm interested, too!

KB

Debbie C
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi Mama 2005..I don't live far from Lima..actually I have an uncle that lives there.I live in Youngstown.Do u go to a dr. around here or to the Cleveland Clinic?

violin4vasculitis
05-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Hi all! Just joined this forum after finding my name and Violin for Vasculitis on a Google search. Does anyone post here anymore? It looks outdated, but who knows... Anne, I will be in Washington next spring and would love to connect. Shoot me a message at [email protected]. :)

annekat
05-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Hi all! Just joined this forum after finding my name and Violin for Vasculitis on a Google search. Does anyone post here anymore? It looks outdated, but who knows... Anne, I will be in Washington next spring and would love to connect. Shoot me a message at [email protected]. :) Welcome, Allison, and I shot you an email. Hope to hear your story on here, either on New Member Introductions or Weggies' Stories, and that we will see you on here often! :smile1:

Alysia
05-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Welcome back Allison.
Its sad around here, without my sweet dr. Phil...
thank you again for your tribute to him
https://youtu.be/-uzGgCZt490