PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo groups

annekat
03-13-2012, 06:55 AM
I recently joined a Yahoo group called Vasculitis-Education and am getting the digest version by email to see the posts. There aren't a lot of posts so it is not overwhelming, and most seem to be by the same person. But there are some interesting things lately, some videos from an event in Ohio, and links to the VF on upcoming vasculitis awareness events. There is an item about the upcoming final seasonal episode of House and an investigation into why House has had so many vasculitis-related episodes.
This seems like another resource for us, and I also just joined the Yahoo WG discussion group, which I think has been mentioned on here before. There are other groups about autoimmune diseases as well, and the digest seems like a good way to receive the posts, so your inbox is not any more cluttered up than need be. (I do enjoy a "cluttered up" inbox from THIS forum, and look forward to it every day.)

Anne

Dryhill
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
I have looked at most of the WG and Vasculitis groups out there on the web, but this one is by far the best for info that I can understand, friendliness and more importantly just to be able to "chat" to people who know how I feel. Thanks Andrew for creating this forum.

Jim

annekat
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
I have looked at most of the WG and Vasculitis groups out there on the web, but this one is by far the best for info that I can understand, friendliness and more importantly just to be able to "chat" to people who know how I feel. Thanks Andrew for creating this forum.

Jim Oh, I agree. That's why I get the digest versions of the others by email and don't bother actually checking in to the groups themselves. This one is the mainstay. I just wanted to point out a couple of interesting items on the Vasculitis-Education one. I could have just shared the links for the items, but was apparently too lazy. There really aren't a lot of posts on the other forums or "groups", so not a big deal to get the new ones by email and peruse them. I sing the praises of THIS forum every day.

Anne

drz
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh, I agree. That's why I get the digest versions of the others by email and don't bother actually checking in to the groups themselves. This one is the mainstay. I just wanted to point out a couple of interesting items on the Vasculitis-Education one. I could have just shared the links for the items, but was apparently too lazy. There really aren't a lot of posts on the other forums or "groups", so not a big deal to get the new ones by email and peruse them. I sing the praises of THIS forum every day.

Anne

Please share any good tidbits and links for those of us who aren't going to join the Yahoo group.

annekat
03-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Please share any good tidbits and links for those of us who aren't going to join the Yahoo group. OK, will do under a different thread with a catchier title, once I've had my coffee. Just woke up to it snowing like crazy here in Olympia, WA!

Anne