PDA

View Full Version : lymphadenopathy

Nancy-S
03-10-2012, 09:43 AM
I just received a call that I have this bilaterally in my neck area and along my jugular vein. Of course I have to wait for a doctor who is willing to do something about it. It does explain all the pain in those areas. Anyone experience this?

pberggren1
03-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Mumbo Jumbo? English please........lol.

marta
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Nancy, I just looked that up. Sounds and looks like it would be very painful. I haven't had that, although I did swell very suddenly around the base of my neck in 2010 right after the three 1000mg solumedrol drips. It has never gone down to where it was and I attributed it to the steroids, so did my docs. No pain directly associated with that in particular, but it was very interesting talking to the neurologist I saw last year. He was a very interesting man. He said that being a neurologist is a very humbling profession. Even a headache is a mystery when you really go deep although it's most often associated with blood flow issues, so just on that thought tangent wonder if the inflamation is causing blood flow constrictions. I hope you find the right doctor soon. It's so crazy the hoops we gotta jump to get the proper treatment. Yikes.

drz
03-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I just received a call that I have this bilaterally in my neck area and along my jugular vein. Of course I have to wait for a doctor who is willing to do something about it. It does explain all the pain in those areas. Anyone experience this?

Have they ruled out any of the diseases that can cause swollen lymph nodes?

Nancy-S
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
So far all my bloodwork is normal except for the c-anca/pr3 (as of two weeks ago). I did a search of wgs and lymph-blah and there are cases. I think this is my life lesson to gain patience.

Marta, it IS painful, but I've been through worse. Its a step closer to an answer, and that's good. Thanks you.

Sangye
03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
It just means swollen lymph nodes. As long as your labs are normal, it's most likely a result of your other symptoms, not causing the symptoms. Waste from the head drains into lymphatic vessels in the neck. If you have chronic inflammation and infection anywhere in the head (eg throat, ears) your lymph node will become swollen and tender.

Nancy-S
03-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks Sangye, its been a chronic issue since January. I suspect longer but only documented that far back. My entire spine is in pain with a burning feeling too, I'm sure its all gotta be related. Anyway, I'm trying to decide my next move. Whatcha think? How are you this afternoon?