PDA

View Full Version : Filthy Lucre!!

Geoff
03-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Saw this on the internet today and it opened my eyes!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coins-banknotes-creditcards-covered-in-germs.html?nc

Even more of a reason for deep pockets and short arms!!

Geoff
03-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Think I mucked that up; will try again but a different site this time

How Much Dirt and Bacteria is on Money? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com (http://voices.yahoo.com/how-much-dirt-bacteria-money-3814322.html?cat=5).

freakyschizogirl
03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
This is no news to me - i used to work for a cash counting firm and was surrounded by literally millions of pounds in notes a day! The smell was awful and the dirt clung to the air and filled your pores. Yes, cash is really, really dirty.

I forget how much drugs are supposedly on notes too - but its a lot more than you would think. And the most common thing i found stuck to a £20 note? Fake eyelashes - i have no idea why!

annekat
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Another good reason to keep hand sanitizer within easy reach. As a Weggie, I touch my nose and eyes a lot.

Anne

Al
03-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Another good reason to keep hand sanitizer within easy reach. As a Weggie, I touch my nose and eyes a lot.
(Yeah, but why, oh why, do they have to put an oderant in them? The smell of the brand Purell makes me nauseous.)

Al

annekat
03-08-2012, 01:10 PM
(Yeah, but why, oh why, do they have to put an oderant in them? The smell of the brand Purell makes me nauseous.)

Al I guess that's one good thing about having lost my sense of smell. I've used Fred Meyer's brand (Kroger) and the stuff from the Dollar Tree, but not Purell.

Anne

mishb
03-08-2012, 11:07 PM
My sense of smell has basically gone as well, accept for 'literally' a couple of minutes a day - right after I do a sinus rinse.

Working for an Insurance Company in Underwriting and Accounts, I handle money quite often and am never without the hand sanitiser. A lot of people in the office say it smells, but I did notice the other day, that nearly all of them (my co-workers) have hand sanitiser on their desk now. Gotta love them.......I can't smell it.

annekat
03-09-2012, 05:29 AM
My sense of smell has basically gone as well, accept for 'literally' a couple of minutes a day - right after I do a sinus rinse.

Working for an Insurance Company in Underwriting and Accounts, I handle money quite often and am never without the hand sanitiser. A lot of people in the office say it smells, but I did notice the other day, that nearly all of them (my co-workers) have hand sanitiser on their desk now. Gotta love them.......I can't smell it. Interesting about the sinus rinse, which I do, too. Sometimes I think I catch a whiff of something, but as soon as I think that, it's gone. I'm ever hopeful, as a couple of summers ago, I had a brief period where I could smell really strong things like Oriental lilies. Then it went down the tubes again. I also handle a fair amount of money, so I hear ya there.

Anne