PDA

View Full Version : Unable to post, yet logged on...

chrisTIn@
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't know how it's possible, but sometimes I cannot post anything, while it's obvious that I'm logged on. My name is visible on the site, with a green dot in front of it on the threads that I wrote on before.
When I log in a second time, I am able to write postings.
Can anybody explain to me why it isn't possible the first time? :unsure:

delorisdoe
03-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Hapens to me sometimes when on my ipod

pberggren1
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I'll send Andrew another e-mail about this.

Lightwarrior
03-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Hapens to me sometimes when on my ipod

Same for me when I am on my Kindle Fire

Geoff
03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
After an improvement in logging on about a week ago I have been unable to get onto the site since then?

Is it possibly to do with my security software??

chrisTIn@
03-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Huh? I thought an Ipod was only for listening to music?!? :unsure:
Thanks for ansering anyway.
O Geoff, would that be a possibility, the security software?
Thanks Phil, for mailing Andrew.

pberggren1
03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I sent him an e-mail and he said he would look into it.

drz
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Huh? I thought an Ipod was only for listening to music?!? :unsure:
Thanks for ansering anyway.
O Geoff, would that be a possibility, the security software?
Thanks Phil, for mailing Andrew.

I could post from my Ipod but it would be a pain. The Kindle is a little better but the Ipad is much easier to use for posting comments but i prefer the actual keyboard of my laptops or desktops for posting comments as I make too many typos anyway.

Have you tried different browsers to see if that makes any difference? I think it has something to do more with having a poor connection and occasionally i lose the connection altogether to this site. really frustrating if you have just typed a nice response and then to have it disappear altogether.

vdub
03-08-2012, 11:21 AM
frustrating if you have just typed a nice response and then to have it disappear altogether
Whether I'm on this site or some other site, over the years I have learned it is always a good idea to highlight and copy whatever you have typed before hitting post. At least, your message is then in memory and you can simply paste it back in. Doing that has saved me more than once.

Al
03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
really frustrating if you have just typed a nice response and then to have it disappear altogether.
This has happened to me several times, either when I inadvertently hit the Reply to Thread button, or hit a keyboard character or characters of unknown configuration. Not so bad for a short response, but for the longer, time consuming, and thoughtful posts, this is demoralizing. I, too, have learned to save these texts before actually posting.

Al

chrisTIn@
03-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Demoralizing it is indeed. Might be a good idea to save the text...

The thing about the browsers made me think.
Lately I've installed Google Chrome.
When I get to the site by clicking a link in an email,
the connection is made by Google Chrome...
Maybe that's the problem! :confused1:

vdub
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
I don't think there would be a direct relationship to performance between different browsers, but there might be something indirect. I also use Chrome, but only changed a couple months ago. Chrome is faster than IE, so was giving me better results when I was reading my e-mail via the web interface (I usually use the POP). I have tested Chrome, IE, and Mozilla on the site and can't see any significant difference that I could say was definitely a browser issue.

I still have trouble about 50% of the time, but usually a refresh does the trick.

KathyB
03-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Does anyone know how to review your sent private messages? I'm showing some are present but then none show up to review!

KB

vdub
03-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Go to private messages, then click on "Sent Items". They should all show up....

http://www.wasem.com/wg/sent.jpg

KathyB
03-10-2012, 06:50 AM
I love the pictorial aid!! Thx, vdub. I tried this but it still shows I have 16 sent messages stored but zero in sent items folder. ??

KB

chrisTIn@
03-10-2012, 08:00 AM
There's something odd about the storage, I noticed that too before.
When you send a private message, you can choose 'save a copy'. That does the trick!
You can find your copy later in 'Sent items'

vdub
03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
When you send a private message, you can choose 'save a copy'. That does the trick!
Yes, that does have to be checked, but if she is showing that she has 16 sent messages already, why don't they show up?

Where are you seeing that you have 16 sent messages? Is it at the bottom on the scale that says you have x amount of messages?

Kathy, send me a private message, making sure the check mark that Chris suggested is checked, and then see what the sent message folder shows.....

drz
03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know how to review your sent private messages? I'm showing some are present but then none show up to review!

KB
You have to set your account up first to save sent messages. Then look in folder labeled sent messages. If you haven't been saving them it will be empty or maybe not present.

Just checked my sent messages and they are all thee since i started saving them.

drz
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM
There's something odd about the storage, I noticed that too before.
You can find your copy later in 'Sent items'

It is important too to remember that saved messages cont against the total messages you can keep. Once your mail box is full no one can send you anything so clean out those messages on a regular basis. You can cut and paste some to a word processing account on your computer too if you have something real special to save.

chrisTIn@
03-11-2012, 11:49 PM
That's a good idea, thanks Drz. :smile1:

chrisTIn@
03-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Pfff... don't know what it is, but lately I've had trouble with posting again...
I quit for the time being.... did two attempts to post...:unsure::mad1:

annekat
03-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Have you tried different browsers to see if that makes any difference? I think it has something to do more with having a poor connection and occasionally i lose the connection altogether to this site. really frustrating if you have just typed a nice response and then to have it disappear altogether. True, trying a different browser can help in some situations. I have an older Apple laptop and when things are slow, I switch to Firefox instead of Safari and that usually helps. I know there are newer, better browsers out there that I haven't tried....

chrisTIn@
03-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Even if I'm writing this on another computer (laptop) I lost my last post.
Thanks Annekat, I'll try the browserthing tomorrow...

Al
03-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Even if I'm writing this on another computer (laptop) I lost my last post.
Thanks Annekat, I'll try the browserthing tomorrow...I have taken to doing a COPY ALL on my posts before actually posting. Losing what you just typed can be incredible frustrating.

Al

andrew
03-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Is anyone getting any error messages when they try to post and aren't able to? When do you notice you aren't able to post? Is it after pressing the post button or are you prevented from accessing the site at all?