PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Flares

Chadwyck
02-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Does anybody get flares at the worst possible moment and feel stuck? I ended up going home early from work yesterday because my body decided to beat me up like 10 guys attacking me on the street. I work for TD Canada Trust Bank here in Canada and while I was talking to a customer on the phone my muscles started to spasm and then the joints locked up on me. Good thing my manager is awesome! She said that if I can't do it don't push myself to the point where it's worse and if I have to leave just leave. Today's better so I'm going to try work again and hopefully it won't happen like yesterday.

Al
02-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Does anybody get flares at the worst possible moment and feel stuck? I ended up going home early from work yesterday because my body decided to beat me up like 10 guys attacking me on the street. I work for TD Canada Trust Bank here in Canada and while I was talking to a customer on the phone my muscles started to spasm and then the joints locked up on me. Good thing my manager is awesome! She said that if I can't do it don't push myself to the point where it's worse and if I have to leave just leave. Today's better so I'm going to try work again and hopefully it won't happen like yesterday.
This does not sound delightful, Chad. Not that I can think of any good time for a flare, though. I have never had anything this acute, so I can't comment on that specific problem. However, we have all had good days and bad days, so having a good boss is critical. Hang in there, I guess, and learn how your body works.

Al

Dryhill
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Chadwyck, I have not had a flare come on that fast but like today I began to realise things were getting worse and so packed up a little earlier than normal. As I am a self-employed taxi driver it does not matter when I go home (except I really needed another £30 or so as I have to pay the government £143 for the privilage of owning a car for six months), of course one problem is I am not able to take any advance bookings as I do not know if I will be well enough to do the job.

Jim

Chadwyck
03-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks Al & Jim. I made it through the shift yesterday. It was like a continuing Monday but it got easier and easier as time passed. I don't know why it was so sudden. Then again, I'm in direct sales for the bank. Sometimes I believe that my quotas are so much on my mind, they alone could stress me to trigger things on my own...blaming Wegener's and it probably had nothing to do with it. LOL