PDA

View Full Version : Income Protection

henrycandy
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi All

New Member- WG for last 5 years -Hopefully diagnosed early as to date(touch wood) had no major organ involvement.

Over last 12 months required gastric surgery (advised non WG associated) which set me back considerably as I had to minimise my
wg medication resulting in WG involvement. I likely subject to latest Blood tests will require Renal biopsy and recommencement of Cyclo/Pred for 12 months.

Been of work for over 6 months and considering submitting claim under my income protection policy for WG- but wonder if any forum members have submitted such claims under these policies particurlarly as WG is so difficult to predict as regards activity ie periods of remission and then sudden whoosh. Been signed of with WG

:confused1:

PS based in Northern UK

KathyB
03-04-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm getting ready to retire in Virginia under the state system and concurrently with Social Security Administration (required by state). To be eligible for disability, there are many hoops to jump through. My medical team fully supports my decision as medically sound. If at any time I feel ready to come off disability, I may do so. Not sure how income protection works in the UK!

Al
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Welcome to our exclusive little club, Henry! Disability policies will vary a lot here, since we are from many different countries. But you do speak to a universal truth regarding WG: We have good days and bad days, so this means that constant 8 hours shifts is often not appropriate. I am a free lancer, so I can take work or not (though no work, no pay). Others find different solutions. Good luck handling things on your end!

Al