PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Pain Inquiry

Psyborg
02-10-2012, 02:37 AM
So I don't think this is related to Wegeners, but I thought maybe I should ask just on the off chance anyone has had a similar issue.

Background. I had gastric bypass so my stomach is small and my meds aren't in there for long. Currently on Imuran, pred, and Bactrim.

Anyway for the last month or so I've had intermittent stomach problems in the evening, after dinner. Last night I had an "attack" that was particularly harsh. It was quite literally the most pain I've been in for a long time...I was doubled over and had to just lie down until it passed. It felt like a stabbing sensation in my stomach, I actually wondered if I had ruptured it. I was shaking through the first 20 minutes or so. I noticed after it did pass I was pretty pale and had a strange "wired" sensation afterwards.

I only take one imuran pill at night....everything else I take first thing in the morning. I did get stupid and ate a small cup of jelly beans. My suspicion is that those were the cause of the issue, but I want to make sure if anyone had any similar experience.

FYI I feel absolutely normal today and even my color is normal, with no problems eating breakfast and a bit of fruit mid morning.

Sangye
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Bob, that could be anything. I suggest you call the doctor who manages your gastric bypass care and get his/her input.