PDA

View Full Version : 10 Facts About Vitamin D

Sangye
02-09-2012, 01:19 AM
This is an interesting slideshow that certainly applies to us.
10 Facts About Vitamin D and Rheumatoid Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis (http://www.healthcentral.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/cf/slideshows/10-facts-about-vitamin-d-and-rheumatoid-arthritis/vitamin-d-deficiency-affects-genes-for-cancer-autoimmune-disorde/?ap=825)

Also, when you reach the 10th fact, keep going to see celebrities with RA (I think the site is selling RA drugs). I was shocked to see that Lucille Ball was dx'ed with RA at age 17.

Nancy-S
02-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Thank you! I love this. I recently read about how most of us are magnesium deficient. That was an interesting read as well.

Dirty Don
02-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Also, when you reach the 10th fact, keep going to see celebrities with RA (I think the site is selling RA drugs). I was shocked to see that Lucille Ball was dx'ed with RA at age 17.

very interesting...I was surprised at Darth Vader...if he can rule space, WE can rule our lives...right?! Go Darth!

Sangye
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Thank you! I love this. I recently read about how most of us are magnesium deficient. That was an interesting read as well.
One sign of magnesium deficiency is chronically smelly feet. :biggrin1:

Nancy-S
02-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Glad I'm not a guy!

Nancy-S
02-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Haha...I thought your post said "SMALL feet". Nevermind.

Al
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Vitamin D is a very interesting hormone that really does seem to be heavily involved with many immune system processes. However, it is important to note that there are many forms of vitamin D, and a simple "vitamin D" test may not tell you everything you want to know. In particular, for those who have kidney impairment, you can take all the supplements you want, but still be short of the form your body needs, because of the kidney bottleneck; the 0,25 test will not show this.

For what it's worth, my kidneys are lousy, but my medium-sized feet are not smelly, so far as I can tell.

Al

NicShaf
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I've read a couple articles about the same thing...sometimes I wish I had read them pre-WG, maybe things would have turned out differently.