PDA

View Full Version : tired of the weather.

mama2005
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I am so over our ohio weather one day its 60 degrees and the next its 30 with frost and slush. I have started nose bleeds and a head cold which I am hoping its just due to this weather and not the wegs flaring but I will know soon enough I go to get blood work tomorrow.

pberggren1
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Fluctuations in weather like this can be hard to deal with for sure. I sure hope you are not flaring and that your results tomorrow will be good.

RCOSSIO
02-08-2012, 01:11 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV9sGAVMYZPrEPt-nbkQnyJAmvVKieY0dr1dUFHPxWqZ8G2yH_

Well there is always Florida...and you can root for Miami to beat Ohio State :w00t:

Sangye
02-08-2012, 04:39 AM
LOL Richard gets paid by the pound for recruiting tourists. :biggrin1:

RCOSSIO
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
always trying.....

Chris G
02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Here in Michigan, I'm LOVING this crazy warm weather!!! But, I'm sorry it's reeking havoc on your nose, etc, mama.

I'm heading your direction soon, Richard!!! Ft. Meyers to be exact....... and I can't wait!

freakyschizogirl
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Its minus 6oc tonight in the UK. This is cold my normal standards! I'll take a bit of your warmth if you're willing to share?

KathyB
02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm in Venice, FL, this week visiting my folks, and two younger siblings. I lived & taught high school in Ft. Myers & Cape Coral for 10 years! Still love going down there!

pberggren1
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
You are almost as cold as us Sam. Better stay close to Stu.

Dryhill
02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I was really annoyed last Sunday.

I woke up and we had lots of lovely snow and Heathrow airport was closed. This was good news because if they could not keep an airport open then the trains would not be able to run and with snow most people would not be able to drive (British people do not know how to drive in snow more than 2mm thick). So I decided to not have my usual Sunday off but go into work and make lots and lots of money ...... poor fool.

I set off to my taxi rank some nine miles away using all the little single track roads because it is fun driving in snow in my 4x4. First shock was every lane had been snow ploughed and gritted so no snow! Second shock somehow the railways were running (normally a few leaves on the line causes total collapsed of the system). After sitting there for four hours with the engine running so I stayed warm I went home having spent more on fuel than I took ........ sob, sob :sad:

Jim

Psyborg
02-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Our weather has been strange this year Mama...I keep thinking we are going to pay for this at some point soon with a nasty coldsnap. I figure it will hit about the time I have to drive to Cleveland for my next appointment ;)

freakyschizogirl
02-09-2012, 01:23 AM
You are almost as cold as us Sam. Better stay close to Stu.

I will Phil. Glad i'm driving now!

drz
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Its minus 6oc tonight in the UK. This is cold my normal standards! I'll take a bit of your warmth if you're willing to share?

Must be a typo ??? since minus 60 C would equate to minus 76 F and and that would be a new record for most parts of the world, especially Europe.

Al
02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Weather is an interesting thing. Many people seem to react negatively to lack of sun. Here's how it is for me: Until a couple of days ago, it had been unseasonably Spring-ish in these parts. I saw a couple of rhododendrons--those ditsy, party-loving azaleas--out blooming ("well, we heard it was Springtime!"). But I was having a heard time. All I wanted to do was sleep, which made it painfully hard to earn a living, to be a useful human. Now, the blessed rains are back, and I am back to functioning normally (though you may have problems with my "normal").

Oh, I wish I could, my friends, solve all our troubles--yours and mine, wipe away every tear, and make things right. Sadly, this is beyond me. But the clouds do help my mood. Really.

Al

Sangye
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Must be a typo ??? since minus 60 C would equate to minus 76 F and and that would be a new record for most parts of the world, especially Europe.

LOL Where is Jack when you need a one-liner to respond to this?

freakyschizogirl
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
-6 degrees, sorry!

delorisdoe
02-11-2012, 12:54 AM
The snow is comming the snow is comming....we are in for 5-10cm in the next 24 hours. woo hoo...dig out the shovels , the salt the snowmobiles and put my spring jacket away. Also, my plans to do a spring cleaning these comming days off clearly need to be delayed for a few months right??

freakyschizogirl
02-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Also, my plans to do a spring cleaning these comming days off clearly need to be delayed for a few months right??

I'd say so...you dont get a better excuse than that!

Lightwarrior
02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
The snow is comming the snow is comming....we are in for 5-10cm in the next 24 hours. woo hoo...dig out the shovels , the salt the snowmobiles and put my spring jacket away. Also, my plans to do a spring cleaning these comming days off clearly need to be delayed for a few months right??

Alas, I must do a spring cleaning tomorrow, it is 84F degrees right now.

delorisdoe
02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Too hot to clean don't do it

pberggren1
02-11-2012, 02:54 PM
What is the right temperature to clean?

drz
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
-6 degrees, sorry!

No record there. Our temp right now is minus 8 F which we consider starting to get a little nippy outside and maybe time to add some gloves and hat if going out for long.

mishb
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Is this a serious question Phil? :unsure:
The serious answer is ....... there is no right temperature to clean :thumbup:

Even when the temperature is just right (not too hot, not too cold) then you can't clean because you need to be outside soaking up the loveliness.
Nope sorry, no time to clean

freakyschizogirl
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
No record there. Our temp right now is minus 8 F which we consider starting to get a little nippy outside and maybe time to add some gloves and hat if going out for long.

down to -16 over night....any sympathy yet?

And woke up at work this morning and we have no running water - hooray! :unsure:

delorisdoe
02-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I am not dissapointed...it is a winter wonderland in this neck of the woods. Driving to work was scary this morning to say the least but i still love it

delorisdoe
02-11-2012, 11:01 PM

+14 c is the right temperature to clean. I am sure of it

mama2005
02-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Yesterday in the morning sun was shinning it was 50 degrees today we have 2inches of snow and 8 degrees. I hate the changes if it wants to be cold it should be cold if it wants to be hot it wants to be warm be warm. Not flip floping. I get sick when it does this. I now have strep throat, ear infection, and head cold. I may have to move my surgery back. :-(

pberggren1
02-12-2012, 04:52 AM
When am I ever serious?

JanW
02-12-2012, 07:11 AM
When is your surgery scheduled for Mama?

mishb
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
When am I ever serious?

:rolleyes1::flapper::biggrin1::lol::lol::lol:

drz
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Yesterday in the morning sun was shinning it was 50 degrees today we have 2inches of snow and 8 degrees. I hate the changes if it wants to be cold it should be cold if it wants to be hot it wants to be warm be warm. Not flip floping. I get sick when it does this. I now have strep throat, ear infection, and head cold. I may have to move my surgery back. :-(

Hope you get some good meds to get you fixed up so you can have the surgery. Those infections are really a drag cause you don't feel feel enough to do anything except feel lousy, at least that is how they affect me.

mama2005
02-13-2012, 05:30 PM
My surgery is Tuesday the 29th. I am finally getting the saddle nose fixed. I g tomorrow for pre opp appt but I still I am not feeling well from the strep throat. We will see what the doctor has to say.

JanW
02-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Good luck to you! Is your doc doing it with rib cartilage also?

mama2005
02-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes he is using rib bone, cartilidge, and a metal plate. He said that with all the bone, tissue, and cartlidge damage he need to use a plate for support. He said this is the worst he has seen from the disease but he is confident that he can do it and do it well.