PDA

View Full Version : Member map

vdub
01-30-2012, 05:30 PM
I checked the WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717) and we are now up to about 95 entries.... Pretty cool....

mishb
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
My daughter just viewed this map for the first time and noticed how there was a greater prevalence of people near water, that have WG, than anywhere else.
I had to double check and even if you look at us in Australia, we are all on the East Coast (no-one central). I guess some places like the UK can't help it because they are surrounded by water anyway, but if it's not near a coastline it appears to be near a river.

Can Sangye be wrong in telling us to drink plenty of water........can all this water be what is making us sick :flapper:

Dryhill
01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Can Sangye be wrong in telling us to drink plenty of water........can all this water be what is making us sick :flapper:

Now there is an idea. Perhaps we should stop drinking water and just drink lots of booze, might take our minds off our troubles? :unsure:

Jim

Al
01-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Now there is an idea. Perhaps we should stop drinking water and just drink lots of booze, might take our minds off our troubles? :unsure:

JimThere are other ways, Jim, of taking our minds off our troubles, Jim, but let's not go down that path right now, shall we...?

sue7211
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
There is apparently a trend for those with Kawasaki's Disease to be in the path of the Asian tradewinds. There is an article in the Vaculitis Foundaiton Newletter that I just got today but have not read totally.

Al
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
There is apparently a trend for those with Kawasaki's Disease to be in the path of the Asian tradewinds. There is an article in the Vaculitis Foundaiton Newletter that I just got today but have not read totally.

I think there is a lot that could be said about autoimmune diseases if a competent, statistically-oriented epidemiologist should want a dissertation project. Anyone...?

Al

Sangye
02-01-2012, 02:38 AM
My daughter just viewed this map for the first time and noticed how there was a greater prevalence of people near water, that have WG, than anywhere else.
I had to double check and even if you look at us in Australia, we are all on the East Coast (no-one central). I guess some places like the UK can't help it because they are surrounded by water anyway, but if it's not near a coastline it appears to be near a river.

LOL! Nice try. The flaw with the map is that it doesn't show where people lived when they were dx'ed (or first developed symptoms). I lived in northern Arizona-- which totally blows the water theory LOL-- but now I'm in Maryland.

mishb
02-01-2012, 09:37 AM
LOL! Nice try. The flaw with the map is that it doesn't show where people lived when they were dx'ed (or first developed symptoms). I lived in northern Arizona-- which totally blows the water theory LOL-- but now I'm in Maryland.

hehe ..... no harm in trying.

My rheumy told me once that I could make myself and her a lot of money ....... if I found the reason and possibly the cure for WG. :thumbsup::laugh:

drz
02-01-2012, 12:35 PM
hehe ..... no harm in trying.

My rheumy told me once that I could make myself and her a lot of money ....... if I found the reason and possibly the cure for WG. :thumbsup::laugh:

I bet you would get a Nobel prize too! Plus we would all come to your big bash to celebrate your achievement.

Al
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
I bet you would get a Nobel prize too! Plus we would all come to your big bash to celebrate your achievement.

Hey, if the rheumy is paying for it, I could, come to think about it, use a nice Australian vacation...!

Al

Thakator
02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, we could all go to Michelle's bash to celebrate her achievement, welcome Al as he arrives for his Australian vacation - - - and take a dip in that cure stuff while we're there. Yep, that'ld be a nice party.

Al
02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, we could all go to Michelle's bash to celebrate her achievement, welcome Al as he arrives for his Australian vacation - - - and take a dip in that cure stuff while we're there. Yep, that'ld be a nice party.
I agree, Ron. What great fun we would have! Now, all we need is the cure. How hard can that be...?

Al

mishb
02-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Well we would gladly have you over for the big bash........... however, we need to find that dreaded reason and cure first, I guess.:unsure:

Ah what the heck, it's Summer in Australia and the weather is beautiful ...... so just come and don't forget your bathers. I'll tell me Rheumy that its her shout :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Al
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Well we would gladly have you over for the big bash........... however, we need to find that dreaded reason and cure first, I guess.:unsure:

Ah what the heck, it's Summer in Australia and the weather is beautiful ...... so just come and don't forget your bathers. I'll tell me Rheumy that its her shout :thumbsup::thumbsup:Great, Michelle! So...we don't even need the cure to rate an invitation? Cool! Now, if I can only get Drac to write the appropriate script....

Al