PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Had Auricular Chondritis?

beeinformed
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi!

I recently went to my ent doctor and he told me I had auricular chondritis (inflammation of the ear cartilage). I had developed (five or six days before my visit with him) a sharp pain in my right outer ear and it seemed centered near the crease where my ear joins the scalp and my mother noticed it was quite red in that area and these symptoms disappeared a few days later. Also at about the same time these symptoms were occurring, I had concurrent pain and tenderness in the cartilage in both ears (which I still have to variant degrees).

My doctor thinks I have auricular chondritis based on the symptoms I mentioned above and I would like to find out if anyone here has ever experienced these symptoms and what (if any) treatment was prescribed. Thanks! :smile1:

Al
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi!

I recently went to my ent doctor and he told me I had auricular chondritis (inflammation of the ear cartilage). I had developed (five or six days before my visit with him) a sharp pain in my right outer ear and it seemed centered near the crease where my ear joins the scalp and my mother noticed it was quite red in that area and these symptoms disappeared a few days later. Also at about the same time these symptoms were occurring, I had concurrent pain and tenderness in the cartilage in both ears (which I still have to variant degrees).

My doctor thinks I have auricular chondritis based on the symptoms I mentioned above and I would like to find out if anyone here has ever experienced these symptoms and what (if any) treatment was prescribed. Thanks! :smile1:

Haven't had this, but I am aware this the ears are common targets of chondritis. So far as I am aware, the same general treatment is usually ordered for chondritis as for WG and related diseases: immune suppressive drugs and anti-inflammatories.

Al