PDA

View Full Version : **** Weggies Say Video

marta
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I wanna do one. I think it'd be hillarious and we could show the world - in a funny way - what goes through our minds. So what are the funniest, most riddiculous (sp?) things you've heard come out of your mouth... I'll start with some:
Can you see my buffalo hump in this dress?
I use to be skinny.
Can you see my smile between the sea of cheeks?
So, are you on RTX or CTX?
How much steroids are you taking?
How many times a day do you get the sweats?
The best way to deal with your pred tummy is to hang it OVER your belt.

... your turn.:w00t:

delorisdoe
01-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Due to my issues I dont say much....but i do check for blood from every liquid that leaves my body for the last 11 years. It is exhausting.:sleep:

annekat
01-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Where do you buy your Kleenex?
Notice anything different about my nose?
When people watching, I used to check out people's butts and legs. Now I look at their noses!

Anne

Al
01-14-2012, 07:05 AM
What I imagine goes through the mind of others:

What's with the goofy hat?
Long sleeves? In the summer?
Man, he sure has pale skin. Ne needs to get out into the sun more.
He never joins us for lunch at the pub anymore. Is he on some weird diet or something?
I don't know about this strange crud he talks about. I sure hope he's not contagious.
I hear he's got cancer or something.
I heard he's retired on account of being sick all the time. I guess I'd better hire someone else.
Doesn't look sick to me.
Every time I call, he's asleep or eating or vomiting or something. What's up with that?
Sounds expensive. Don't blame the insurance company for wanting to ditch him.
Wagner's what??? Never heard of it. Sounds like a scam to me.

Al

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 07:07 AM
You're almost as white as me.

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Mother ship just called and down and said to get your ass up there ASAP.

norcalian
01-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Multiples times my wife and I have compared pred side-effects to being pregnant...without all the labor at the end.

Dianne
01-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Does this Prednisone make me look fat?

Dryhill
01-14-2012, 12:09 PM
"400140652 reporting for duty sir/ma'am" The number is my hospital reference nmumber which I have come to know so well.

"I will not be long, it is only a quick visit" that is to the hospital car park attendent. I am ever the optimist.

Al
01-14-2012, 05:35 PM
"400140652 reporting for duty sir/ma'am" The number is my hospital reference nmumber which I have come to know so well.

"I will not be long, it is only a quick visit" that is to the hospital car park attendent. I am ever the optimist.

This made me howl, Jim. Here's a similar one, from my own experience: "I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. Drac." "Have you seen Dr. Drac before?" "Uh, let's just say I'm one of his best customers." Or something to that effect. It always throws me, so the temptation is to come up with something snide and snotty.

As for parking the car, I always suspect that various delays--last time Drac was in shorts and hobbling around in one of those huge boot casts, as he broke his foot--or so he claims, and "running a little late". Sure, but the effect is my parking charge was double....

me2
01-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Al, it sounds like you are surrounded by the same people as me.
Let me add a few more of their thoughts:

(This one was actually said to my face) "Being put in the hospital for IVIG will be a nice break for you, like a small vacation"
I'm not kidding, this was actually said to me as I was fighting to stay alive with desperate measures.

-- He used to be so ambitious but he's gotten lazy in recent times. He just sleeps alot instead of doing something useful.
-- He sure seems to worry about his health. He learns all the names of his medications and reads about procedures being done to him like he thinks he is a doctor or something.
-- I don't like doctors so I don't go (this one has been said to me. As if I ENJOY going , wasting my time, my life, my money on this illness.)

Al
01-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Great, Kirk! These amused me greatly, and rang oh-so true....

("Hey, buddy! You wanna go on holiday with me? We'll have a drip--I mean blast!"

Al

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Hold on, I got a chunk coming up.........often said to girls on first dates.......lol.

annekat
01-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Hold on, I got a chunk coming up.........often said to girls on first dates.......lol.
That one made me laugh! Haven't been on any dates since my dx.... not that I couldn't, though, and that scenario could happen.

Anne

pberggren1
01-15-2012, 04:54 AM
Damn! I forgot to bring diapers.

Chris G
01-16-2012, 12:09 AM
"The pred puff has smoothed out all of my wrinkles!" I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. When (if) I finally get off this crap, will I look like I'm 80??

annekat
01-16-2012, 04:13 AM
To myself: "Can I talk? No."
Or "Can I talk? Yeah", depending on the condition of my voice at the time, due to the crap that tends to build up around my larynx, especially overnight. Like just now, the answer was "no", but it's starting to clear up with coffee.

Anne

annekat
01-16-2012, 04:20 AM
"The pred puff has smoothed out all of my wrinkles!" I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. When (if) I finally get off this crap, will I look like I'm 80?? Yeah, the pred smoothes out my wrinkles, but it also makes me look fat! So do I want to look thin and wrinkly or fat and smooth? But seriously, Chris, I don't think you'll look any older than you are when you get off the pred, and I said WHEN, not IF!

Anne

Jules
01-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Are you sure you want to disagree with me on that one? Remember I'm a steroidal woman!:predrage:

I've saved myself a fortune on botox - pred's done the job nicely!

annekat
01-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Are you sure you want to disagree with me on that one? Remember I'm a steroidal woman!:predrage:

I've saved myself a fortune on botox - pred's done the job nicely! I'm glad that's worked out for you! Everyone is different. Personally, I don't look good with a fat face. But people with better cheekbones, fuller lips, etc., could find it beneficial, I'm sure.

Anne

Al
01-16-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm glad that's worked out for you! Everyone is different. Personally, I don't look good with a fat face. But people with better cheekbones, fuller lips, etc., could find it beneficial, I'm sure.

Anne

They used to think of me as an bald old codger. Now it's a dessicated old coot with a spotchy pate.

Al

Natalie
01-16-2012, 09:40 AM
DAMM IS that from doing Coke ! ( talking about my Nose ) or Who hit you !

annekat
01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
DAMM IS that from doing Coke ! ( talking about my Nose ) or Who hit you ! Yeah, I often wonder if people don't see it or just don't say anything. I have pointed it out to very few people. If I didn't wear glasses, which hide it to some extent, it would be a lot more of a problem.

Anne

Lightwarrior
01-16-2012, 03:31 PM

LOL Phil, I'm guessing you don't get many second dates

sharon
01-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Jules,
I needed a laugh. How true re: Botox. I just came back from dr today, I have whooping cough, feeling sick as, called into see my mum & dad and all they could say is how fat I am now. Not happy at all.
Thanks for the laugh, one thought does that mean we look younger? Will people believe me when I tell them i am 21? Hope so
Cheers

Sangye
01-17-2012, 05:26 AM
"Oh man, I look like the peanut M&M."

"Here's a little preview of what I'm gonna look like at age 80."

Jules
01-18-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't know if we look younger Sharon - when my cheeks go down enough for me to see out again I'll let you know!!! :unsure:

delorisdoe
01-18-2012, 05:42 AM
"Oh man, I look like the peanut M&M."

"Here's a little preview of what I'm gonna look like at age 80."

Peanut m&m's are my favorite of the m&m's

delorisdoe
01-18-2012, 05:53 AM
(This one was actually said to my face) "Being put in the hospital for IVIG will be a nice break for you, like a small vacation"
I'm not kidding, this was actually said to me as I was fighting to stay alive with desperate measures.

For me IVIG was a nice break for me. I had to go in to the hospital 3 times a week for 2 weeks for 2 months. The room was quiet. The benedryl made me sleep and after the treatments I felt like a million bucks. They had to leave the iv site thingy in me for the two weeks at a time so I was able to go home and milk it. It was a mini vacation from the cytoxan treatments. Maybe that is what they meant.

Sangye
01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Peanut m&m's are my favorite of the m&m's
LOL Yeah, yeah, yeah, everyone loves us. :flapper:

Al
01-18-2012, 09:30 AM
LOL Yeah, yeah, yeah, everyone loves us. :flapper:

Though some us seem to be past our pull date and somewhat rancid....

Al

delorisdoe
01-18-2012, 10:03 PM
NOT the m&ms.

maria garcia
01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
All this is making me sad. All you wonderful people having to go through this. People need to be more aware of this disease.

annekat
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
All this is making me sad. All you wonderful people having to go through this. People need to be more aware of this disease. Thanks, Maria. It helps to have a little fun blowing off steam by talking and joking about it.
Anne

Al
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks, Maria. It helps to have a little fun blowing off steam by talking and joking about it.
Anne

Indeed. You can laugh with us, or you can laugh at us, so long as you laugh....

Al

delorisdoe
01-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I think the thing I say most often relating to wegeners is "ouch". That and ****:crying:

Kami
01-20-2012, 05:24 AM
My daughter hates when I say this but the left side of my body is more affected than the right side and when we have to walk a long ways my left leg/ankle really hurts or feels wierd and I always tell her "My WEGGIE LEGGIE hurts!" She just gives me that look!

delorisdoe
01-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I just gave you that look...

KathyB
01-20-2012, 07:33 AM
I absolutely love your profile pic, Leigh!

pberggren1
01-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh Leigh, I'm so glad you have such a good sense of humour.

Lightwarrior
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
I just gave you that look...

Stop giving her that look, saying Weggie leggie isn't as bad as pooping in the hall :flapper:

annekat
01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
I get tired of hearing myself say, "No, I don't have a cold!" (And I didn't have one the last time you asked me that, either!)

Anne

Al
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I get tired of hearing myself say, "No, I don't have a cold!" (And I didn't have one the last time you asked me that, either!)

Anne Good, Anne! This made me titter...

annekat
01-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Good, Anne! This made me titter... Tittering is good! I hope you did OK in the snow and ice, Al. I just got my power back at 3:00 PM Saturday (yesterday), after it went off at 2:30 AM Thursday. Could have been worse, I guess.

Anne

Al
01-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Tittering is good! I hope you did OK in the snow and ice, Al. I just got my power back at 3:00 PM Saturday (yesterday), after it went off at 2:30 AM Thursday. Could have been worse, I guess.

Lights flickered a couple of times, Anne, but no full power loss here. A couple of trees down, though. That will take some clean-up. I feel bad for those who lost more. I hope you were able to keep warm....

Al

Kami
01-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Stop giving her that look, saying Weggie leggie isn't as bad as pooping in the hall :flapper:

Yeah, no pooping in the hall here!! :)

Natalie
01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I often wonder if people don't see it or just don't say anything. I have pointed it out to very few people. If I didn't wear glasses, which hide it to some extent, it would be a lot more of a problem.

AnneHi Anne , more the point people don't say anything I think .. most dont want to upset anyone or they may never be the same by finding out the truth lol :wink1: best left as a mystery!. My Friends notice others staring more than I do and it really gets to them some times . iF I catch someone staring... I stare straight back and just know that I can still hold my head up high , and If you only knew .....

annekat
01-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi Anne , more the point people don't say anything I think .. most dont want to upset anyone or they may never be the same by finding out the truth lol :wink1: best left as a mystery!. My Friends notice others staring more than I do and it really gets to them some times . iF I catch someone staring... I stare straight back and just know that I can still hold my head up high , and If you only knew ..... Well, I know some saddle noses are worse than others, and mine is not as bad as some, but I do believe if I didn't wear glasses, I'd be getting some stares, too, and a few questions. My own siblings didn't notice it until I took my glasses off and pointed it out. So, I'm glad I wear glasses ( I truly can't see without them), and no more contact lenses for me! Without my glasses, my saddle nose is very visible from the side, and from the front it just looks like a dent in the middle of my nose. The tip is slightly upturned, making the nostrils just slightly more visible than before. I imagine some people have noticed and not said anything. Hats off to you for being able to hold your head up and stare back.

Anne

Natalie
01-24-2012, 09:31 AM
just sent you some photos anne :)

annekat
01-24-2012, 09:44 AM
just sent you some photos anne :) Thanks, Natalie, I got them and replied. Maybe we should start a saddle nose gallery! I don't have any of me but would share if I did. And I must say you are an attractive looking person even with your saddle nose. Your smile says it all.

Anne