PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Rini
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/391934_2806127685878_1639235123_2511129_1981083092 _n.jpg

It just keeps getting worse. I tried cold & hot at different times and steroid drops from an eye doctor.

Sangye
01-11-2012, 03:22 PM
It doesn't look like it's the actual eye, but the eyelid and surrounding skin. Not sure why an eye doctor would try to treat it with eye drops.

Since it's spreading I suggest going to the doctor asap. Maybe even the ER. It could be an infection.

Rini
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
It is the tear duct full of tears, i have no infection but a lot of pressure. the docs say they can try something @ CC but not for a long time and It just keeps getting more swollen, not darning as it should. I just dono if i should do HOT or COLD or idk I just know it is WG related

pberggren1
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
What will the CC do? Will they unblock the tear duct?

I would take Sangye's advice and to local doc or ER right away.

I forget, has this happened before?

mishb
01-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes, definately blocked and therefore wont drain on its own.

A friend at work had this and needed to get some medical intervention. Not sure drops will be of any use whatsoever.

But for starters, I prefer cold presses to hot. Cold seems to relieve, or at least numb, the pain.........and it does look painful.

Off to the doc or ER for you my girl ........ do as Aunt Sangye and Uncle Phil say

Chris G
01-12-2012, 03:57 AM
I had a similar symptom in 2007 (long before my diagnosis). Drops did nothing to help and neither did hot or cold. It could be inflammation of the tear duct from wg. You might need an increase in wg meds.

Al
01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Rini, have they ruled out a granuloma in the tear duct?

Al

Sangye
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
We've had a couple other members with blocked tear ducts from Wegs-- inflammation, I think, not granulomas. There is a procedure they can do to open the tear duct but it doesn't seem to be effective for everyone. Definitely do not put hot or cold on it without a doctor's instruction.

me2
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I cannot say what is going on with you Rini but I can say that my tear duct was scarred shut by WG. I have heard that this is not uncommon. The problem is that it leads to infection. I have suffered many eye infections.
You have said that this is not your case so I am still left wondering what is going on? WGs alone could cause such inflammation. So what is going on for you? I don't know but you have my sympathy having suffered long periods of eye involvement. I hope you figure this out soon and get some relief soon. Eye involvement is miserable.

jola57
01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Rini, is it your wegs doctor that is treating your tearducts with steroid eye drops, if so please change your doctor. I hope you take Phil's and Sangye's advice and go see ER docs. Remember to say that you think its your tearducts and they may be blocked due to wegeners. It will speed things up hopefully.

Rini
01-23-2012, 08:19 AM
after ER trips, optometrist and eye surgeons + a WG doc I have concluded that A) the drops do nothing B) it seems I had scaring prevent draining that finally lead to infection. The only thing that seems to help is to have people (eye surgeon) cut open my face by slicing my tear duct in half and having it drain, then pac in with neosporin & take oral antibiotics...it still will not go away but atleast it goes down a bit. I go back to them wen. my face is now getting splotchy along my jaw (right side, Weggie side)...Thank you all for the help & info, It is good to know what is weggie related and what things do and do not work

me2
01-23-2012, 08:37 AM
It sounds like your situation is simular to what happened to me . Scarring and infection. I suffered from it for a long time taking tons of drops and antibiotics. Eventually a surgeon did a procedure called a Dacryocystorhinoctomy (SP?) a DCR for short.

The DCR was a permananent fix for me. This was over ten years ago. The procedure connects the tear sac next to your eye with the tissue inside your nose so it can drain properly again. There might be easier procedures available now that do the same thing. The problem with the eye not draining into the nose properly is that it becomes the perfect backwater for breeding bugs.

My face is not visibly scarred. I have never had another infection. I hope you are able to find solution soon, I know how very miserable eye infections are.