PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow mentions Wegener's in post-game interview!

KathyB
01-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Hi all! did anyone see last night's post-game interview with Tim Tebow after the Denver Broncos exciting overtime victory over the Steelers? I watched game but not interview. It was posted online that he mentioned being "privileged to spend time before the game with Bailey Knaub who is a 16-year old who has endured 73 surgeries battling Wegener's Granulomatosis, a rare disease that attacks vital organs." It was an article sent thru my phone entitled "Tebow's most amazing trait? Humility"

Http://sports.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articles.asps?aid=1186728&acid=2&afid=0&pg1=2501

Also found it when I googled "Tim Tebow Wegener's". It was in a Fox multimedia posting and others announcing the meeting through his W15H foundation. Pretty darn cool!

Bailey (young lady) is a high school junior who has had chemo, respiratory treatments, lost a lung and had 73 surgeries since her diagnosis.

KB:biggrin1:

mama2005
01-10-2012, 04:00 AM
wow a great story to see. She is a strong girl to be able to endure 73 surgeries.

Al
01-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Interesting, Kathy. This is also on the Vasculitis Foundation news feed.

Al

drz
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Makes me feel like I got off real easy with my GPA so far. It is hard to believe one so young could have had so many surgeries. She must be spending most of her time in hospitals and recovery.

Sangye
01-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Gosh, poor kid. What on earth happened that she's needed 73 surgeries??

(btw I can't get the link to work)

delorisdoe
01-11-2012, 06:34 AM
How terrible. 73 surgeries.

Al
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Gosh, poor kid. What on earth happened that she's needed 73 surgeries??

(btw I can't get the link to work)

You have to do a search on Tim Tebow Wegener's. The story is not very well documented, but it does allude to a foundation set up for the purpose. It seems to me that this might be good way vehicle to educate the public concerning rare autoimmune diseases.

Al

Sangye
01-11-2012, 03:20 PM
The link above doesn't work so I don't know if this is the same video of her. She has a very severe saddle nose. Glad she was able to enjoy meeting her hero.
Fan Has Special Meeting With Tim Tebow CBS Denver (http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/6623840-fan-has-special-meeting-with-tim-tebow/)

annekat
01-12-2012, 04:51 AM
The link above doesn't work so I don't know if this is the same video of her. She has a very severe saddle nose. Glad she was able to enjoy meeting her hero.
Fan Has Special Meeting With Tim Tebow CBS Denver (http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/6623840-fan-has-special-meeting-with-tim-tebow/) I watched it without my hearing aid so may repeat later. Hard to imagine the 73 surgeries. Let's hope she can go into remission and can eventually get the saddle nose fixed. It is way worse than mine and I think maybe worse than Mama's, too. But this girl has a great attitude in spite of that and everything else she's endured.

Anne

Psyborg
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
I know a lot of people seem to dislike Tebow, but he seems like a good kid to me, and this is just more information. Not a Bronco fan by any means, but I'll pull for em to win this year :)

Dirty Don
01-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Tebow is a good kid, wish more were like him! BUT, as a coach for many years, I also know that his and others' religiosity being displayed on field each time is a pain in the derriere. It takes time from the tasks at hand. Football or any sport at that level or even college and elite high school teams demands huge amounts of time to be able to perform properly and entertain the fans. Now Tebow is for sure a winner and entertaining, but he is NOT a religious icon (yet...yikes!), nor is he the most talented person out there. Right now, he's in a groove...but, he needs to get better...certain beliefs and actions are NOT going to make him better...he signed on to play football...maybe he's just testing the waters for large evangelical crowds in his future....

pberggren1
01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
You be nice now Don. How do you know that certain beliefs or actions will not make him better? Of course they will. And besides that we are not allowed to discuss such things on here. So lets end it now.

Dirty Don
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Was discussing what goes into high level athletics, not 'certain' beliefs or actions...take it for what you see or know...I've been there, know what it takes, and what applies in the long run of mastering an athletic activity...

KathyB
01-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Being from Cleveland, I've never been a Bronco fan (past history). However, one of my twin sons has been a rabid Gator fan since he was a little boy. Therein, my interest in Tim Tebow and his success (however defined and appreciated by others). My goal in posting was to point out that WG had some national exposure. Thx for the link that worked! Maybe we can share or post on our social networking sites to create greater interest and curiosity among others to learn more about WG. I know it has already spurred a few conversations with me already!

KB

drz
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Fan Has Special Meeting With Tim Tebow CBS Denver (http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/6623840-fan-has-special-meeting-with-tim-tebow/)

Thanks for this link. Very heart warming story.

marta
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Being from Cleveland, I've never been a Bronco fan (past history). However, one of my twin sons has been a rabid Gator fan since he was a little boy. Therein, my interest in Tim Tebow and his success (however defined and appreciated by others). My goal in posting was to point out that WG had some national exposure. Thx for the link that worked! Maybe we can share or post on our social networking sites to create greater interest and curiosity among others to learn more about WG. I know it has already spurred a few conversations with me already!

KB

OK, I am gonna drop it here. It's still very early as I just met Brandy last week before my RTX infussion on Monday, but she's interested in doing a documentary. She's asked me about locations of various people that I think might be good to add in the documentary so she can start working on getting funding, but she's quite certain that this is a worthwile topic. She wants to go from the experience with WG to my new project to bring all autoimmune diseases under one umbrella so that we can push to get as much money to go towards research for AI as there is for say Cancer... I haven't mentioned it anywhere else (just aluded to it) and she's in Israel right now working on a project but when she comes back she wants to start right away as she wants to document the 'Find the Common Thread' movement right from it's first days. Here's her link: http://www.brandyyproductions.com/ and here's the link to my new website www.findthecommonthread.com (http://www.findthecommonthread.com) and I also have a group on Facebook - called of course FIND THE COMMON THREAD. Who knows, I might get to meet some of you in your home towns. I fully plan on doing everything I can to change the world for the better this year. You in?

Sangye
01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Great idea, Marta. :thumbsup:

Al
01-13-2012, 03:17 PM
OK, I am gonna drop it here. It's still very early as I just met Brandy last week before my RTX infussion on Monday, but she's interested in doing a documentary. She's asked me about locations of various people that I think might be good to add in the documentary so she can start working on getting funding, but she's quite certain that this is a worthwile topic. She wants to go from the experience with WG to my new project to bring all autoimmune diseases under one umbrella so that we can push to get as much money to go towards research for AI as there is for say Cancer... I haven't mentioned it anywhere else (just aluded to it) and she's in Israel right now working on a project but when she comes back she wants to start right away as she wants to document the 'Find the Common Thread' movement right from it's first days. Here's her link: Brandy Y Productions Inc | Documentaries and News Features (http://www.brandyyproductions.com/) and here's the link to my new website www.findthecommonthread.com (http://www.findthecommonthread.com) and I also have a group on Facebook - called of course FIND THE COMMON THREAD. Who knows, I might get to meet some of you in your home towns. I fully plan on doing everything I can to change the world for the better this year. You in?
Très cool, Marta! (Of course we're in. Well. I know I am speaking just for myself, but still....) And all that after the RTX infusion and assorted fallout. My goodness--just how much steroids did they put in your juice...?

Al

marta
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks Sangye, oh and my doctor told me she's "proud of me" which meant more than anything you could imagine.

marta
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Ha ha ha Al, Funny you say that though because I noticed my face got puffy the day after the infussion and I'm sure it's like having a second baby (when your body just blows up outta this world - because it's gone down that road before and knows what's coming)... I wonder if I have to go up on the 'roids' if I'd be twice as big as I am now. As for the assorted 'fallout' - I'm better now, thanks for the support on my blog - I totally lost it - but now Hana's in Jasper with Brian, I'm in Edmonton, we're both getting bloodtests to ensure that all of the risks are mitigated and forward and upward.... but man did I ever loose it. I'm slightly red cheeked about all of that as I'm normally very in control and relaxed (normally, not always)

I'm glad you're in Al. Brandy works for BBC and CBC and I think this will get international exposure, which makes sense since we're from everywhere on here, but it's so cool that someone who has the tools to give us a voice is actually interested in doing something. I left the function after meeting her floating on a cloud. I am also getting some more local TV exposure about the Find the Common Thread thing, and am doing a guest lecture at the University of Alberta (where I'll get filmed by the News) but the documentary is super exciting.

Al
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
.... but man did I ever loose it. I'm slightly red cheeked about all of that as I'm normally very in control and relaxed (normally, not always)

Let's just also blame the panic attack on the 'roids, shall we?

I'm glad you're in Al. Brandy works for BBC and CBC and I think this will get international exposure, which makes sense since we're from everywhere on here, but it's so cool that someone who has the tools to give us a voice is actually interested in doing something. I left the function after meeting her floating on a cloud. I am also getting some more local TV exposure about the Find the Common Thread thing, and am doing a guest lecture at the University of Alberta (where I'll get filmed by the News) but the documentary is super exciting.
Terrific, Marta. We all need upper moments like this. And the documentary is a great thing--you soar!

Al

marta
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Let's just also blame the panic attack on the 'roids, shall we?

Terrific, Marta. We all need upper moments like this. And the documentary is a great thing--you soar!

Al:fullofwin: Thanks Al. And thanks for the support you gave my other half. I'm so glad you are amongst us (you know what I mean, not glad you were put in this situation, but glad you've chosen us to hang out once you were put in the situation - am I sticking my foot in my mouth?)

Al
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM
....am I sticking my foot in my mouth?) Oh, the stuff Weggies say. And the feet they chew on. The fact is, we all get along with a little help from our friends.

Al

delorisdoe
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
o o o o ohhhhh she sings Angel of mine...one of my favorite.

LisaMarie
01-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Marta
Hope all is well ...just did round 1 of my 2 doses of RTX Tuesday...the mack truck is parked at my house ...uggh....I have not forgot your book...i am just in the middle of changing somethings then I can be relaxed...lol...and start typing....thanks for your patience...I hope one day we all can meet ...it would be awesome...I missed being able to log on for a while...so gald it is fixed and i can once again lean on yall when i need it and share some advice when asked...have a great weekend

Lightwarrior
01-14-2012, 06:01 AM
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by marta http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/2254-tim-tebow-mentions-wegeners-post-game-interview-3.html#post53518)
....am I sticking my foot in my mouth?)

Marta, add this to your funny things we say. i say this several times a day sometimes

Lightwarrior
01-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Leigh,
I love your new avatar

norcalian
01-14-2012, 07:27 AM
I think the whole Tebow/Denver thing is pretty fun. I would root for Denver if I weren't such a huge Niners fan. Anyway, the chance of them meeting in the post season is about the same as me getting off prednisone anytime soon :smile1:

delorisdoe
01-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Leigh,
I love your new avatar

it makes me giggle

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Everybody poops

Al
01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Everybody poops
Though not, typically, in the hallway.

Al

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Though not, typically, in the hallway.

Al

Come to Canada and you will see.

A few people in this house have pooped in the hallway.

Al
01-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Come to Canada and you will see.

A few people in this house have pooped in the hallway.

Um? I've been to several parts of Canada (though not to Saskatchewan, it is true), but have never witnessed this apparently parochial custom. I'd say you need to read a book, Phill--see what causes that.

Al

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Drunkenness.

delorisdoe
01-14-2012, 11:04 PM
there is a book called "everybody poops" i can mail to you when i am done with it

pberggren1
01-15-2012, 05:55 AM
there is a book called "everybody poops" i can mail to you when i am done with it

I saw a shirt yesterday that said: EVERYBODY POOPS. It was advertising a plumbing shop.......lol.

Chris G
01-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Knaub surprised by Tebow again - Loveland Reporter-Herald (http://www.reporterherald.com/news/loveland-local-news/ci_19741060)

Here's another article about Bailey, Tim Tebow's friend, and our fellow weggie. It sounds like maybe she was here checking out our little group. I hope she will join us!!

annekat
01-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Knaub surprised by Tebow again - Loveland Reporter-Herald (http://www.reporterherald.com/news/loveland-local-news/ci_19741060)

Here's another article about Bailey, Tim Tebow's friend, and our fellow weggie. It sounds like maybe she was here checking out our little group. I hope she will join us!! That's a great article! I really hope she will join us, too!

Anne

Sangye
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I wonder if she poops. :wink1::ohmy:

Lightwarrior
01-16-2012, 04:26 PM

I hope so :w00t:

Chris G
01-17-2012, 04:45 AM

Some people don't like to talk about pooping! You're gonna scare her off!! :wink1:

That or she'll think we're nuts, and run far far away!

Sangye
01-17-2012, 04:59 AM
LOL As if our nuttiness could not be established by reading any thread all the way through. She's been on pred, she'll understand. :laugh:

Rose Cozzette
01-17-2012, 06:06 AM
I know a lot of people seem to dislike Tebow, but he seems like a good kid to me, and this is just more information. Not a Bronco fan by any means, but I'll pull for em to win this year :)Tebow is a good man and the publicity abt Bailey should generate some interest abt WG. do feel bad for her and all she has endured in her short life. boo that the broncos lost and tht greenbay lost. myself had a flare up and had to raise the preds and cellcept, rats!! hope everyone elseis doing well.

Sangye
01-17-2012, 06:27 AM
You're having a flare, Rose?? :sad:

KathyB
01-18-2012, 12:54 AM
I enjoyed the article! Sharing with others already! I'm sorry I missed the pre-game interview on TV!