PDA

View Full Version : Leonard cohen

pberggren1
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I heard of FB that there is supposed to be a Leonard Cohen documentary on TV soon. Anyone else see this?

It immediately reminded me of Jack.

freakyschizogirl
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I was in a music shop the other day and walked passed some Leonard Cohen CD's and it instantly reminded me of Jack. He may be gone but he's definately not forgotten!

Sangye
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I miss him so much. The other day I noticed his name is still on the list of Top Posters for the forum.

mishb
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I logged on the other night (I think it was Saturday or Sunday) and his name was also logged on.

I had a tear in my eye and it shocked me for a moment, but yes, he was that good that he can login to check up on us, from afar. :wink1:

I presume it was his wife or one of his daughters' just keeping in touch.

Message to Jack's family if you are still keeping in touch ----- we would love to hear from you and maybe you could even give some insight, for our newer members, as to how life was, living with a Weggie. You also would have had day to day struggles and could possibly share your vast knowledge. And, we would love to know that you are okay

Sangye
01-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Message to Jack's family if you are still keeping in touch ----- we would love to hear from you and maybe you could even give some insight, for our newer members, as to how life was, living with a Weggie. You also would have had day to day struggles and could possibly share your vast knowledge. And, we would love to know that you are okay

I would also love that.

vdub
01-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Someone dug up an old thread on steroid psychosis and I was reading it. I think the #3 entry (back in 2010) was from Jack.... It brought back some fond memories of our discussions on MG's....

me2
01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I remember you guys talking about MG's. I have seen the Leonard Cohen documentary and it is excellent Phil. My local video place that has survived carries it. I watched it a long time ago so I can't remember the name but I highly recommend it if you like Leonard Cohen's music.

vdub
01-12-2012, 04:52 PM
We had long conversations abou the MGA. My '61 MGA 1600 was the first car I ever owned, It has been in storage since 1976.....
1961 MGA 1600 (http://www.wasem.com/mga/)

About time I rebuild it, eh?

me2
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
"About time I rebuild it, eh?"

Well, I can say that has been some stretch of time. But I one thing WG has taught me is to go for the priorities.

jola57
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Sangye, I have been trying to write very sparingly so that Jack's name remains on top for a very long time :)

vdub
01-13-2012, 02:28 AM
But I one thing WG has taught me is to go for the priorities.
Well, started feeling better when I got off the mtx 3 months ago. Since then I have purchased some car dollies so I can move it around easily on concrete. I have also had the tarp repaired and washed. I cleaned the dust off the rig and, in the process, found a whole load of parts (some brand new) in the boot. Funny how much you forget when you haven't looked at the rig in 35 years.

I'm getting closer to rebuilding it. I think I'll name it Jack.....

Sangye
01-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Sangye, I have been trying to write very sparingly so that Jack's name remains on top for a very long time :)
I've thought of doing that, too! But as you well know, everything changes and we can't stop it. New members won't get to know Jack the way we did but occasionally one of his old threads will pop up and make us all smile. And probably cry, too. Like right now, I'm just sobbing missing him as if it's just happened. :sad:

Sangye
01-13-2012, 03:30 AM

I think Jack would absolutely love that. And it looks like a Jack, doesn't it?

vdub
01-13-2012, 04:33 AM
It's going to be a slow process to rebuild the rig. I'll probably start this spring. Right now -- I'm going to Hawaii for a couple weeks of sun and snorkeling.

Al
01-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Jolanta, I never knew Jack, as I joined the forum after he died. But I have read a lot of his posts. I am pretty sure Jack would be extremely glad that others are around long enough to post so much. Every teacher, or at least every good teacher I have ever known has felt this way: It says a lot that your students carry on your traditions, only they go further with them. I believe that Jack was a very good teacher indeed.

Al

Al
01-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Well, started feeling better when I got off the mtx 3 months ago. Since then I have purchased some car dollies so I can move it around easily on concrete. I have also had the tarp repaired and washed. I cleaned the dust off the rig and, in the process, found a whole load of parts (some brand new) in the boot. Funny how much you forget when you haven't looked at the rig in 35 years.

Nice looking car, vdub. And a great project....

Al

Geoff
01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Back on Topic!

For those of you living in the UK, there is an interview with Leonard Cohen this Sunday, 29th Jan at 4pm on BBC Radio '6 Music'.

For those of you scattered around the world you might be able to pick it up on the internet. I heard a trailer for the show and couldnt believe that Leonard's voice could get any lower, but I think it has! Cant wait.

annekat
01-26-2012, 04:03 AM
I started reading the forum several months before Jack died and he is one of the reasons I wanted to check in every day. I have been a Leonard Cohen fan since about 1968 and now will not ever listen to him without being reminded of Jack. I know I've seen some of his concerts on PBS here in the US, but don't think I've seen an actual documentary of his life.... would love to.

Anne

Alysia
12-25-2014, 04:26 AM
at about June this year, Phil told me that he felt like Jack felt in his last months. I refused to accept it. but he was right.
I miss my sweet Phil so much. I dont know if I better read more threads of him, to log off, it makes me cry, but I cry anyway...

mishb
12-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I think you should read as much as you feel you can.

It will be good to go back over things that made Phil laugh and also made us laugh.