PDA

View Full Version : going to Montego Bay - Jamaica

Jeff vinc
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi,

I'm going to Jamaica at the end of March. Off course, like most of us, i am immunosupressed. I am currently taking 5 mg of preds daily and 20mg of MTX once a week. I am currently feeling well and on the way to remission. Hopefully if everything goes well, i will be off preds by mid-march but will be on 20mg MTX still. I know i will have to talk to my doc soon about vaccinations and everything else related to my disease, the meds and the hazards for me overthere in Jamaica but i want to know if anybody have tips, things i should know about or things i should talk with my doc about all this. I believe that i can't have live vaccine. I verified this page (i am from Canada)-- The Immunocompromised Traveller - CCDR Vol.33 ACS-4 - Public Health Agency of Canada (http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/07vol33/acs-04/index-eng.php) -- but there is a lot more i need to know i believe (drug interaction with vaccines, Weggie traveller, etc).
any thought on that?

Thank you very much!

Jeff

Al
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Be sure to discuss this with your wegs doc, Jeff. Live vaccines are clearly out; other kinds are in theory okay, but (you know how well theory does with actual humans!) some have reported adverse affects--some of them serious. I haven't checked yur link, but will do so soon.

Al