PDA

View Full Version : Guess What I Did?

Sangye
01-02-2012, 03:18 AM
As of midnight I could finally announce that--for the first time since being dx'ed in 2006-- I made it a FULL YEAR without being hospitalized. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I hadn't told anyone, hadn't even mentioned it to my doctors. You know about things getting jinxed. And I'm fairly certain the Wegs dog has been waking up the past few weeks so I didn't want him to hear about it and take action. I totally outsmarted the Wegs dog. Heh. :flapper::flapper::flapper:

Nancy-S
01-02-2012, 03:23 AM
You did it! That's so great. I love the way you outsmarted the dog. Happy New Year!

Dirty Don
01-02-2012, 03:59 AM
I totally outsmarted the Wegs dog. Heh. :flapper::flapper::flapper:

Congrats! That is so neat Sangye...good for you! Very proud AND optimistic when I hear things like this!

Thakator
01-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Yeah, Sangye! Good for you. It's a considerable milestone when the old Wegs has a serious bite on you - - as in your case. So, good for you dear lady.

I've only managed to stay out for an eight month stretch so far but am aiming for the full 12 in 2012. Happy New Year and may the old dog find its way back to hibernation. Ron

BrianR
01-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Really, really, really good to hear. Really!

Al
01-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Terrific, Sangye! This is not a dog who will sleep just because you spike his steak with diazepam. Maybe you've learned the right lullaby to croon to that fellow! Can you teach us?

Al

Sangye
01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone! :smile1:

Sangye
01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Terrific, Sangye! This is not a dog who will sleep just because you spike his steak with diazepam. Maybe you've learned the right lullaby to croon to that fellow! Can you teach us?

Al
I wish I knew. Staying out of the hospital doesn't mean the Wegs dog stayed asleep. It just means neither Wegs or any other complication had to be treated in there. Still, it's a great thing!

pberggren1
01-02-2012, 08:30 AM
WOW! One word: FANTASTIC!!!!!

I was only admitted to hospital 9 times last year.

Sangye
01-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Heh. I beat that record many times over, Phil.

drz
01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
As of midnight I could finally announce that--for the first time since being dx'ed in 2006-- I made it a FULL YEAR without being hospitalized. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I hadn't told anyone, hadn't even mentioned it to my doctors. You know about things getting jinxed. And I'm fairly certain the Wegs dog has been waking up the past few weeks so I didn't want him to hear about it and take action. I totally outsmarted the Wegs dog. Heh. :flapper::flapper::flapper:

Congrats on staying out last year. My goal was to try limit hospital and nursing inpatient or over night stays to less than 30 days last year, but I too manage to avoid any over night stays. I figure outpatient and ER and Urgent care stuff is just routine care, right and that doesn't count. I did end up in an assisted living complex in December but am in the most independent apartment part so not sure how that counts. I figure this year some over night are likely if I have any of the surgeries being contemplated but hope I can avoid any serious GPA stuff and inpatient treatment.

drz
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
WOW! One word: FANTASTIC!!!!!

I was only admitted to hospital 9 times last year.

How long was longest stay?

Al
01-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Heh. I beat that record many times over, Phil.

Remind me, once again, to count my blessings....

Al

Psyborg
01-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Great news Sangye :) Gotta stay outta the hospital...those places are FULL of sick people!!! :)

pberggren1
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
How long was longest stay?

Seventeen days.

Sangye
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Congrats on staying out last year. My goal was to try limit hospital and nursing inpatient or over night stays to less than 30 days last year, but I too manage to avoid any over night stays. I figure outpatient and ER and Urgent care stuff is just routine care, right and that doesn't count. I did end up in an assisted living complex in December but am in the most independent apartment part so not sure how that counts. I figure this year some over night are likely if I have any of the surgeries being contemplated but hope I can avoid any serious GPA stuff and inpatient treatment.
Outpatient and ER stuff definitely can't count. That would have to go on another list to celebrate. LOL

I'm glad you've also avoided the big stuff, drz. :thumbsup:

Dryhill
01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Well done Sangye, did you feed the dog a bone or a nice juicy steak? You and Phil make me seem like an amateur, especially as I have been able to work at least half a week every week since mid July.

Jim

maria garcia
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Good for you and for us. Its a happy dance when friends here in our forum are doing well gives the rest hope.

mishb
01-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Well done Sangye, did you feed the dog a bone or a nice juicy steak? You and Phil make me seem like an amateur, especially as I have been able to work at least half a week every week since mid July.

That is fantastic new Sangye, but shouldn't we all be saying it in a whisper so as not to put the Jinx on for 2012. shhhh quietly now :smile1:

Only two hospitalisations for me in 2011 and I am planning on none this year.......that is the plan, and I hope to stick to it.

I still work full time 5 days a week and am going to try to, somehow, fit some holiday time in for 2012. I am very bad at taking any time off and have over a years worth of leave due to me. I think I was saving them in case I needed them.

Best of wishes to you Sangye and everyone else on here for a hospital free 2012 and beyond

Stephanie78
01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
YAY! Congrats to you.

Natalie
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Good for you Sangye :)
when I come think of it neither have I :)

renidrag
01-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Congratulations Sangye.

rif
01-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Congratulations Sangye

ArlaMo
01-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Excellent!! May 2012 be more of the same (and better!)

RudiK
01-03-2012, 02:52 AM
That is great Sangye, hopefully 2012 will at least be the same or better health wise.
I was lucky, only one hospital stay for 4 days in 2011 when I was diagnosed. I will try my best in 2012 to stay out of those places.
Happy New Year everyone.
Rudi K.

Sangye
01-03-2012, 04:56 AM

Jim
The Wegs has been active during much of 2011 but we managed to treat it without being admitted. Same with other complications--most of which are existing complications that continue to pester me.

But hey, you're no amateur. I'm happy for anyone who's been bitten fewer times or less severely by that dog.

Sangye
01-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Good for you Sangye :)
when I come think of it neither have I :)
WHOOYA!! :thumbsup:

annekat
01-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Congratulations, Sangye! I'm hoping with all my heart that you'll manage to stay out of the hospital for the rest of 2012 and beyond.

Anne

freakyschizogirl
01-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Excellent news Sangye and long may it continue. Let that dog hound someone else for a while!

Al
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Excellent news Sangye and long may it continue. Let that dog hound someone else for a while!

Great line, Sam, though I wouldn't personally sic that mutt on anyone.....

Al

Dryhill
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
The Wegs has been active during much of 2011 but we managed to treat it without being admitted. Same with other complications--most of which are existing complications that continue to pester me.

But hey, you're no amateur. I'm happy for anyone who's been bitten fewer times or less severely by that dog.

I work for a small taxi company (only four of us and that includes the boss). The other day driver has Crones Disease and it is interesting to see which one of us will get through the day without taking an hour off, me to have a kip in the car or Geoff to go home for the loo.

Jim

crackers
01-03-2012, 12:17 PM
holly and bailey,my two dogs,have asked me to say that they distance themselves completely of any involvement in WG.they would also like it to be known that they have great empathy for weggies, as their best friend is a sufferer of the said disease.they show this empathy by wagging their tails at every possible opportunity at their best friend, and other dog owning weggies should know that when their dogs are wagging their tails at them that they are "wagging for weggies" as this is known in the doggie community.so when you see a dog and it wags it's tail at you,you know what it is doing.
john.

Dirty Don
01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
does that mean those who see doggies wagging tails have WG? Just asking...hehe

Al
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
holly and bailey,my two dogs,have asked me to say that they distance themselves completely of any involvement in WG.they would also like it to be known that they have great empathy for weggies, as their best friend is a sufferer of the said disease.they show this empathy by wagging their tails at every possible opportunity at their best friend, and other dog owning weggies should know that when their dogs are wagging their tails at them that they are "wagging for weggies" as this is known in the doggie community.so when you see a dog and it wags it's tail at you,you know what it is doing.
john.
...Not that we mean to disparage actual canine beasts, John! (It's just a figure of speech!) In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were found that dogs make better WG diagnosticians than human doctors. (Such is already demonstrably true for some cancers.) Besides, a companion--and, in this, pets and service animals are much more loyal than most humans, and far more available than any doctor--is directly therapeutic. (My cat, for instance, is really good at dead-weight therapy.) So, yes, let's give a big tails-up to our furry healers!

Al

Sangye
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
LOL It would go against my vows to think that. If it were between me and one of you, I'd rather have the Wegs dog biting my ankles.

Sangye
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
john.
ROTFL!! Oh, that is hilarious John! My dogs are also Waggin' for Weggies.

Do you remember the discussion we had about what animal to call it? I chose a dog thinking of the bulldog Spike in the old Tom and Jerry cartoons. I picture myself as Tom trying to lull him to sleep and sneak by him. Still cracks me up.

Lightwarrior
01-03-2012, 06:32 PM

Finally, Sangye!!! Great news, even though you flared...staying out of the hospital is major. Congratulations. Here is wishing you another year hospital free and dare I say it??? Flare free.

Sangye
01-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Thanks, LightWarrior! and thank you to everyone for your very kind messages. :smile1: *still I am making the happy dance*

HopeinTN
01-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Happy New Year and congrats! Here's to a healthier 2012.

Chris G
01-04-2012, 06:41 AM
That's awesome news Sangye. Although the dog is not completely asleep, I'm so glad that you have remained healthier than previous years. You must be doing something right!! Keep it up :thumbsup:

Chris G
01-04-2012, 06:43 AM
john.

Thanks for that John! It made me smile. I'll think of this when my "Cooper" wags at me!

elephant
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Congrats Sangye!

Brooke
01-05-2012, 04:28 AM
That is awesome Sangye! Way to go :) I was thinking the same thing for myself but just like you, didn't want to jinx myself!!

Sangye
01-05-2012, 08:28 AM
So you made it one year also, Brooke?

Brooke
01-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Yep! Just had to go to do my infusions.

Sangye
01-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Wow! We should rename this thread "Guess What Sangye, Natalie and Brooke Did?" LOL Big congratulations to you, Brooke! :hug3:

mishb
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow! We should rename this thread "Guess What Sangye, Natalie and Brooke Did?" LOL Big congratulations to you, Brooke! :hug3:

You know what ladies ?? ............... that is an awesome effect. :thumbsup::w00t::thumbsup:

Congratulations to all 3 of you (and anyone else who can celebrate a year or more from hospital). Let's hope it stays that way.

me2
01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Thank you Crackers. I was very touched by your words and I don't even own any dogs.
I had fun thinking it was a bit of a contest amongst people here - even though I lost . I had my first ever visit from the 'meat wagon' with an inflammed nerve at he base of my brain caused by an ant-naeusea drug with the Cytoxan. It has been a wild year for me .
I am so happy that YOU Sangye avoided unecasassary excitement= to the extent that occurred.

We can use the dog symbol without disparriging dogdem. It works for me. The dogs I have known would not take offense. And I was a dog trainer and showed my dog in 4H as a kid.

I have great hope for all of us in the coming year. I have lived with this disease for over thirty years and I have seen incredible progress.
I have been in the hospital so many times , taking bizarre treatments, I can' t even keep count. And yet... here I am. And so are all of you.
We miss our friend Jack , but the spirit of him that lives in my heart will be with me until my own end. EVERYONE has an end in this life. I see WG people making great choices about how to live up to that end .
Really, bless you all. Thank you for supporting my life and giving value to it.
Kirk
Sanye, I make the contest now who can stay out of ER in the coming year. I hope we BOTH win.

Al
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Nice to see you were able to log on, Kirk, and happy New Year! Stay on the path, my friend....

Al

me2
01-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks Al. Things are looking very much UP. Access is not what it once was but it is tolerable.

me2
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
And happy new year!!!!!!

Sangye
01-06-2012, 05:15 AM
That was a great post, Kirk. :smile1:

Brooke
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: :biggrin1::biggrin1:

mama2005
01-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Wow that's great. Congratulations on one year of no hospitalization its a big achievement to do that. I wish you the best to continue this.

drz
01-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Success in avoiding ER visits for me might be highly dependent upon the hours of new walk in clinic they are starting locally after the nearby urgent care center was closed. If they are open from 7 am to 10 pm I might just be able to avoid the ER but i think I will aim for something more reasonable. Last year my goal was to limit in patient stays to 30 days or less so I might strive for three weeks or less this year.

MCC
01-12-2012, 12:26 PM
That is great Sangye (and others), a happy new year indeed!

gurinbasra
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Well, here's to year #2 coming up! Good luck.