PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions/And Or Wishes

beeinformed
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi!

I thought I would start a thread about new year's resolutions/wishes we would like for ourselves, families and friends. My wish is that my fellow weggies have a healthy new year and a happy one!

elephant
01-01-2012, 05:22 PM
To live life to the fullest!

Nancy-S
01-02-2012, 03:32 AM
I've never done well with resolutions, but I do have one this year. I need to give up wheat. I've been trying for years after a blood test was positive for Celiac. I can't help but think its all related.

I'm praying that everyone will have a year full of health, strenth, hope and lots and lots of energy!

Dirty Don
01-02-2012, 03:57 AM
For all of us, a very Happy & Healthier New Year!!!

Sangye
01-02-2012, 04:03 AM
I've never done well with resolutions, but I do have one this year. I need to give up wheat. I've been trying for years after a blood test was positive for Celiac. I can't help but think its all related.

I'm praying that everyone will have a year full of health, strenth, hope and lots and lots of energy!
Oh whoa, if you have Celiac's you have got to get off all gluten grains. That could very well be the cause of Wegs for you and will keep you from getting well.

Sangye
01-02-2012, 04:05 AM
I have 2 resolutions this year. I'm not telling anyone what they are. So I guess that means I have three! :biggrin1: :flapper:

Al
01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Oh whoa, if you have Celiac's you have got to get off all gluten grains. That could very well be the cause of Wegs for you and will keep you from getting well. Dunno about "cause", Nancy, but trying to digest gluten without the ability to do so will definitely stress the immune system harshly, and, I suspect, drag in all kinds of pro-inflammatory cytokines. That can't be good for the Wegs. Celiac's is an autoimmune disease of the intestinal lining with a strong genetic component. While the tolerance to gluten (the main protein of many grains) does vary, the best results include avoiding wheat, barley, and rye--and to be suspicious of oats, since much of the time that grain is processed in the same machinery as the others. I think your best strategy is to go gluten-free immediately!

Al

Al
01-02-2012, 07:49 AM
As for resolutions, I'm not sure I can actually keep them, but you all know, from a different thread, what I would like to do, and fully intend doing, with a little help from my friends (this means you!). This does, however, require a certain level of health on all our parts, so...let's deal with that!

Al

drz
01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
The only resolution I know I succeeded in keeping was made years ago when I resolved to stop to making New Years resolutions. I did set a goal last year and did succeed in meeting that as noted in another thread. My goals for this year are to try eat better and to exercise several times a week even if they are just for a few minutes. I also have some projects to complete which might fit under goals but they are task limited.

Dryhill
01-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I do not normally do resolutions, but this year I hope to eat more healthy food (ie less processed junk), to exercise a little more and hopefully loose some weight. As for the wish side of this thread, I hope we all have an excellent 2012 health and wealrh wise.

Jim

Nancy-S
01-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Dunno about "cause", Nancy, but trying to digest gluten without the ability to do so will definitely stress the immune system harshly, and, I suspect, drag in all kinds of pro-inflammatory cytokines. That can't be good for the Wegs. Celiac's is an autoimmune disease of the intestinal lining with a strong genetic component. While the tolerance to gluten (the main protein of many grains) does vary, the best results include avoiding wheat, barley, and rye--and to be suspicious of oats, since much of the time that grain is processed in the same machinery as the others. I think your best strategy is to go gluten-free immediately!

Al

Gluten free it is!!!

So far, this year has been excellent.:thumbsup:

Al
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Gluten free it is!!!

So far, this year has been excellent.:thumbsup:

Let us know how it goes with the new diet, Nancy. And make sure Dr. Koening is aware of the Celiac.

Al

freakyschizogirl
01-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I havent got any new yers resolutions this year but i do need to lose weight - tho i believe i have said before that this is because i dont want to start a diet in January when all the quitters start!

I do however have some fabulous news - i got engaged at 12.25am on 1/1/2012! Couldnt be happier and cant stop staring at my ring!! :biggrin1::love::blushing::thumbsup:

mishb
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I know I've said it before but ......... CONGRATULATIONS.
This is just the best news. I look forward to this news going one step further. :hug3:

Good luck with your resolution - You Can Do It :thumbsup::thumbsup:

rif
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
CONGRATULATIONS:smile1:

What a brilliant way to start 2012

Dryhill
01-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Conratulations. :hug1: :hug3:

Geoff
01-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Fabulous News Sam! :biggrin1:

Wishing you both the very best for the future. (Hope to catch the pair of you again at Adds real soon..snogging in the waiting room indeed! :wink1:)

drz
01-03-2012, 04:52 AM
I havent got any new yers resolutions this year but i do need to lose weight - tho i believe i have said before that this is because i dont want to start a diet in January when all the quitters start!

I do however have some fabulous news - i got engaged at 12.25am on 1/1/2012! Couldnt be happier and cant stop staring at my ring!! :biggrin1::love::blushing::thumbsup:

That ought to be a very memorable time. Sounds very romantic. Any date in mind for the big event?

Sangye
01-03-2012, 04:52 AM
How fantastic, Sam! I'm so happy for you. He's been at your side through some tough stuff already. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together. :thumbsup::hug3:

annekat
01-03-2012, 05:38 AM

A big congratulations to you!! We haven't really talked on here, as I've recently started posting. But I've followed your posts since April 2011. I wish you both great happiness that goes on and on......

Anne in Olympia, Washington, USA

RudiK
01-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Congratulations, Sam, and all the best for the two of you. What a wonderful way to start a new year.
Rudi K.

pberggren1
01-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Show us the ring.

Al
01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Terrific, Sam! It looks like 2012 is off to a good start! So...when? And how about a snapshot with a big smile?

Al

freakyschizogirl
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Show us the ring.

LOL phil! Will put a pic on my profile within the next hour.

Thanks everyone. He is an amazing guy and i couldnt ask for better support, tho i dunno who cried more - me or him!

No date in mind just yet as we wanna move in together first. All very exciting stuff! I will keep you all posted.

Yvonnea
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Congratulations Sam!!! That is wonderful news. I hope you both will be very happy.

Yvonnea
01-03-2012, 09:08 PM
ooooohhhhh...just saw the ring....beautiful!!!! Did a virtual wish on it.

rif
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Just seen the ring it is lovely, the heart matches the one on your therapy tattoo:smile1:

KathyB
01-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Happy New Year to all! After not being able to get to FL with family for the holidays, my husband and I enjoyed a more quiet vacation split between Fredericksburg and our place in Currituck, NC. I missed FL but was grateful for stress-free time! So my "resolution" includes focusing on quality of life -- exercise, diet, positive energy & relationships.

Al
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Happy New Year to all! After not being able to get to FL with family for the holidays, my husband and I enjoyed a more quiet vacation split between Fredericksburg and our place in Currituck, NC. I missed FL but was grateful for stress-free time! So my "resolution" includes focusing on quality of life -- exercise, diet, positive energy & relationships.

...All of which work interactively, Kathy--starting, I think. with relationships. Humans are social beings; without a sense of community, however that is defined, we are in a world of hurt. Too bad about missing the family tuff, but there will be other chances at a better time.

Al

Al
01-04-2012, 03:41 PM
LOL phil! Will put a pic on my profile within the next hour.

Thanks everyone. He is an amazing guy and i couldnt ask for better support, tho i dunno who cried more - me or him!

No date in mind just yet as we wanna move in together first. All very exciting stuff! I will keep you all posted.

Nice snapshots, Sam. I'm impressed with the guy too....

Al

freakyschizogirl
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Nice snapshots, Sam. I'm impressed with the guy too....

Al

Lol, thanks Al, glad he has your approval! hehehee.

mama2005
01-05-2012, 12:34 AM
I have never set a new years resolution, but I am going to set one this year not so sure of what yet because there are so many things I need to change like eatting habbits, and exercise, and being a little more stressfree, but I know I will fail at all of these so let me think of something that I am less likly to fail at first. My hope is that this year is a bit brtter for everyone.

Al
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Lol, thanks Al, glad he has your approval! hehehee.

That's provisional approval, Sam. He seems promising, but, like all in-laws, he has to continually prove himself!

Al

Trudy
01-07-2012, 02:50 PM

So happy to hear this news, Sam! What a great way to start the year. Beautiful ring too. Now just get better and enjoy life!