PDA

View Full Version : Please remind me

Dryhill
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Whenever someone asks "is it ok to go back to work, or to do some exercise", I always respond "yes but do listen to your body and do not overdo things".

So on the run up to Christmas, I was a bit busier business wise, especially having to help people load up my taxi with all their goodies, I was also busier cleaning up my home as I had people coming round. So all went well till Boxing Day when I woke up with a terrible pain in my left shoulder and discovered that I could barely use my left arm. Luckily things had returned to near normal by the 28th when I was due back at work.

So I will be grateful if someone would remind me to listen to my own advice next Christmas.

Jim

Al
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Whenever someone asks "is it ok to go back to work, or to do some exercise", I always respond "yes but do listen to your body and do not overdo things"....So I will be grateful if someone would remind me to listen to my own advice next Christmas.

You know, Jim, It is hard to remember your own advice in the heat of battle. My own theory is that this is one reason we have a conscious mind: to blast past the signs that the other body systems are sending out in order to accomplish some higher-order task, like making a living. And yet those signs make a good deal of sense; if ignored, there is a price. As the saying goes, you can pay us now, or you can pay us later.

So, next holiday time, please remind me to remind you to remind me....

Al

Dryhill
12-29-2011, 09:41 PM
You know, Jim, It is hard to remember your own advice in the heat of battle. My own theory is that this is one reason we have a conscious mind: to blast past the signs that the other body systems are sending out in order to accomplish some higher-order task, like making a living. And yet those signs make a good deal of sense; if ignored, there is a price. As the saying goes, you can pay us now, or you can pay us later.

So, next holiday time, please remind me to remind you to remind me....

Al

It is a deal Al ......... as long as I remember that is.Jim

Nancy-S
12-30-2011, 05:51 AM
I fix people all the time. Kids, friends, husband...whatever their ailment I have great advice. And the advice works. Sooo...why don't *I* take my advice? I'm not sure...maybe we are not offering ourselves advice. Then again, maybe were not asking ourselves for advice. Now I'm all confused.

I'm trying to be on here more. So if I see that you need a reminder, Jim, I will give you some of my excellent wisdom and remind you.

That was my cheesy way to say we all do it. I know its hard to slow down on the "good" days but its imperative that we do.

Lightwarrior
12-30-2011, 06:14 AM
[COLOR=#000080]
So I will be grateful if someone would remind me to listen to my own advice next Christmas.

Jim

Jim, Remember to listen to your own advice next Christmas. How about New Year's? Do you have to be over active for New Year's if so I'm reminding you to take your own very good advice.

Dryhill
12-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Jim, Remember to listen to your own advice next Christmas. How about New Year's? Do you have to be over active for New Year's if so I'm reminding you to take your own very good advice.

Luckily for New Year's Eve all I have to do is walk next door and then back again. Also due totheir church commitmnets it will all be over by 12:45 which means I should be in bed by 1am so I should be ok this time round.

Jim

Dryhill
12-30-2011, 01:27 PM
I fix people all the time. Kids, friends, husband...whatever their ailment I have great advice. And the advice works. Sooo...why don't *I* take my advice? I'm not sure...maybe we are not offering ourselves advice. Then again, maybe were not asking ourselves for advice. Now I'm all confused.

I'm trying to be on here more. So if I see that you need a reminder, Jim, I will give you some of my excellent wisdom and remind you.

That was my cheesy way to say we all do it. I know its hard to slow down on the "good" days but its imperative that we do.

Thanks Nancy.

What I will have to watch out for is lots of snow. There are only two of us taxi drivers with 4x4's locally, so lots of lovely snow is when I can really earn some money, and we all know money can make us forget little things like being ill. The last lot of snow here in the south east of the UK was just before Christmas last year, when I was in hospital having just been diagnosed with our fun disease.

Jim

drz
12-30-2011, 03:08 PM
I over did it this month despite getting frequent reminders not to over do things. But I wanted to get settled in new place and get ready for my grand children coming to visit for Christmas, other visitors, and the usual Holiday stuff like Christmas cards, shopping etc. So I run myself down get sick right before Christmas. Lucky for me it didn't result in a big GPA flare. Knowing and doing are NOT the same unfortunately.

Sangye
12-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I hope you're feeling better now, drz. :hug2:

Jaha
12-31-2011, 03:03 AM
I think we Weg's may all have something in common here, as we continue to push ourselves more than most. We all have to have income and we all deserve the best health we can muster. Sometimes life just gets to busy and we overdo everything. I am also self-employed and have trouble giving away responibilities, which in turn effects my health greatly. So, this year I am giving up some of my so called super power and I hope that we all give ourselves permission to take life easier. So let's all make a pack to remind each other to listen to ourselves and our bodies each and every day!
Jaha

Dryhill
12-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I think we Weg's may all have something in common here, as we continue to push ourselves more than most. We all have to have income and we all deserve the best health we can muster. Sometimes life just gets to busy and we overdo everything. I am also self-employed and have trouble giving away responibilities, which in turn effects my health greatly. So, this year I am giving up some of my so called super power and I hope that we all give ourselves permission to take life easier. So let's all make a pack to remind each other to listen to ourselves and our bodies each and every day!
Jaha

Sounds like a good idea.

Al
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

(Assuming we don't forget to remind ourselves....)

Al

Dryhill
12-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Al, that could be a stumbling block to a splendid idea. :mellow:

Dirty Don
12-31-2011, 04:40 PM
(Assuming we don't forget to remind ourselves....)Al

Sighs, stop that Al...positive...you WILL remember...what I don't know, but you will feel like you forgot something very important, like going into the next room for something!! Getting really tired of being tired and forgetful, and I haven't endured half of what many of you have...sheesh!

Al
12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Al, that could be a stumbling block to a splendid idea. :mellow:

We will remember. We will remember. We will remember....

Al

Trudy
01-01-2012, 02:06 AM
What are we remembering???

Dryhill
01-01-2012, 04:44 AM
I have forgotten?

drz
01-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Like they say at AA meetings, "It is easy to Talk the Talk, but lot harder to Walk the Walk".

If only saying it would make it so. On the other hand peer support seems essential to Walking the Walk so we can all try help each other to remember to take care of ourselves and each other since we are all we have. We all have good intentions, now lets see how well we can do in taking care of ourselves.