PDA

View Full Version : English please!!!!!

pberggren1
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Al and Don should try and use the English language on here.........lol. You're both giving me a headache.....lol.

Dirty Don
12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Al and Don should try and use the English language on here.........lol. You're both giving me a headache.....lol.

looking arounnd in my old language bag...hmmm, a rabbit, some old pills, a few bad habits...ewww, old socks...nope, sorry, NO Eeenglish in heeeere senor!!!!!

pberggren1
12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Headaches gone.........lots of pred and chocolate and whishy......lol.

Dryhill
12-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Ahh but which English? English English, American English or Australian English (thought we should include the latter in deference to our beloved leader).

Jim

delorisdoe
12-28-2011, 07:56 AM

I could not agree more.

Austrailian english is much easier to understand than whatever you call that they speak.

that is all

Al
12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I could not agree more.

Austrailian english is much easier to understand than whatever you call that they speak.

that is all

Hey, Don, it looks like those pesky Canadians want to banish us to the forum's half-moon shed. Imagine that! Being told by a few wacky northern weggies that our English isn't real English! (And then to compare us to the Aussies, who think they are a day ahead of the rest of us!) What's that all aboot, eh? Besides, what's more English that Shakespeare? Or, for that matter, more Canadian than allusions to Robertson Davies, Hmmm....?

And, Phil, are you sure it isn't the whiskey that is giving you a headache, or maybe those late nights at the pool hall? Methinks you are going surly on us...!

Al

mishb
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
(And then to compare us to the Aussies, who think they are a day ahead of the rest of us!)

Sorry had to have a dig.

We are not a day ahead of you :glare:

.........it's just that you are slow ......ummm ...... I mean behind ..............Hmmm is this what I really mean???!!!

Nothing wrong with Aussie english ...ay

Al
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry had to have a dig.

We are not a day ahead of you :glare:

.........it's just that you are slow ......ummm ...... I mean behind ..............Hmmm is this what I really mean???!!!

Nothing wrong with Aussie english ...ay

'S okay, Michelle. Digs, slurs, and insults we can take. We are weggies, after all. You can even call us retarded anti-antipodeans. Just don't make rub it in with talk about "going south" and such....

Al

Dryhill
12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Of course there are many versions of English english, the best is from all those counties south of the ditch (the River Thames for our ex-colonials) and the creme de la creme is Surrey english. Now if you all spoke like what I does you would all speak proper like. :tongue1:

Jim

Al
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Of course there are many versions of English english, the best is from all those counties south of the ditch (the River Thames for our ex-colonials) and the creme de la creme is Surrey english. Now if you all spoke like what I does you would all speak proper like. :tongue1:

Jim

Ah, Jim, you talk regular and sensible, like a good cabbie. Something we in the colonies can truly appreciate! (Even if you are half way to Brighton!)

Al

PS They say that England and America are two great countries separated by a common language....

Dryhill
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Ah Brighton the gay capital of the UK! In fact where I work is so influenced by Brighton we no longer have lay-bys (a hard standing alongside a main road often with a public toilet) we now have gay-bys. :razz:

By the way Al you are knowledgeable, as most Americans call us cabbie's "driver".

Jim

Alysia
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Headaches gone.........lots of pred and chocolate and whishy......lol.

my sweetie didnt drink alcohol for years, but he did have some good jokes about it.... usually it was in though occasions, like when they were going to insert into him another chest tube, and the stress was in the air, and then he was telling a joke, or kind of offering some drinks to the stuff, and made everyone laugh and more comforteble around.... the ice was melting.... he knew how to make comic relief.... to melt hearts... and it was unbelievble how much he suffered at the same time that he made every one smile....

mishb
01-06-2015, 07:54 AM
I remember this thread.

Weggies certainly do like to see the funny side of things