PDA

View Full Version : Chooo Chooo!

Stephanie78
12-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Not sure why I chose that title, but it was what I felt... :biggrin1:

So let's see... What have the Stover's been doing lately?? We have been attending B'day Parties, Christmas Parades, Adopting a Puppy (Callie Ann), Going on a family weekend get away to Myrtle Beach, Celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas shopped (and decorated) and more! And who has been with us for all of it???
JOHN

After an unexpected converstion with Johns doctor a couple of weeks ago we found out that....
The guy who almost lost his life this past Summer due to WG is in REMISSION!

What more could I ask for, for Christmas? My wish has been fullfilled!

We go back to UNC next Thursday to see Dr Falk and hope to carry on the great news! His immune system is still LOW but that will come back. He is now off ALL medicines except for his BP meds. Coming off of Pred was harder then he thought. Had a lot of energy but was very sore then had a couple of days of crashing.

I love that man to the MOON and BACK!

KathyB
12-16-2011, 07:42 AM
What fabulous news for you all! I'm new to the WG site and want to catch up on your story!

It's also great to know UNC provides John's care. My husband graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill (played football for them "back in the day") and still great supporter. We live in Fredericksburg, Va and I'm being treated at VCU in Richmond.

Thanks for sharing the good news!!

KB

Al
12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Excellent, Staphanie! Glad to hear that John is still boring! Have a great time in Myrtle Beach, but watch our for the mosquitoes. And the human blood suckers.

Al

Sangye
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Wow, that's incredible, Stephanie. What fantastic news! :w00t::thumbsup:

NicShaf
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Great news, especially this time of year! YAY!!!

maria garcia
12-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Im so happy for you and your family.

pberggren1
12-16-2011, 12:27 PM
This just KICKS ASS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

Trudy
12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Merry Christmas. Could not think of a nicer present to receive! I am so glad for you, John, and your family.

Dirty Don
12-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I just got back from some surgery today to help out, not feeling great about it...and to come home to this bit of news for you and yours...what an upper!! THANK YOU! Made my day!!

jola57
12-16-2011, 05:27 PM
wonderful, so happy for you

mishb
12-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Can you hear the cheering over here in Aussie land :thumbsup::biggrin1:

That is the most wonderful news I have heard in a long time.

Keep on moving forward (not just John, but the whole family) and have a wonderful christmas and an exceptional 2012

annekat
12-17-2011, 03:43 AM
I, too, am very happy to hear the good news about John. I read all about his Wegener's ordeal back when I was lurking on the forum. Here's to a lasting remission and a great many more years of fun activities and joyous times for your whole family. And thanks so much for sharing his story all along. It offers hope to all of us.

Anne

Dryhill
12-17-2011, 12:05 PM
That is really excellent news, what a wondeful Christmas present. I hope that all goes well for John and for the whole family.

Rini
12-17-2011, 09:22 PM
FREEDOM! congratulation this is such good news!:hug1::hug3:

Chris G
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
That's absolutely amazing news Stephanie! I'm so happy for you all.

RudiK
12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
That is great news and one of the best xmas presents you could receive. Congratulations. I'm praying that he will stay in remission. Rudi K.

pberggren1
12-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Rini, you posted a pic of yourself in your avatar. I am shocked. All this time I thought you were Snoopy........lol.

Rini
12-18-2011, 01:07 PM
all these cool people have itty bitty pictures were I cant really c anyone...ik its the internet but is there anyway we can make like a locked album? like pictures shown only to people who log in? idk, i would like to get 2 c everybody...moon face or not!

Al
12-18-2011, 02:45 PM
all these cool people have itty bitty pictures were I cant really c anyone...ik its the internet but is there anyway we can make like a locked album? like pictures shown only to people who log in? idk, i would like to get 2 c everybody...moon face or not!

Rini, it is possible to create an album, under "My Profile". You can choose if you want its pictures displayed for everyone to see, or just your "friends". Who knows? You might get other people interested. But I have to warn you that many of us are old folks. And some of us are just not interested in others seeing how we look. (I don't care myself, but I am a geezer, and kinda ugly to boot. It's just that I wouldn't want to be known by how I appear.)

Having said the above, PHIL, Rini is right: it is time for you to update your avatar. How about a shot of you racking 'em up at the pool hall?

Al

Rini
12-18-2011, 02:53 PM
maybe we could get holiday pics of those who get a chance to be home? I don't know if that is an ok idea or not but maybe we could build like a weggie holiday collage?

Al
12-18-2011, 03:04 PM
maybe we could get holiday pics of those who get a chance to be home? I don't know if that is an ok idea or not but maybe we could build like a weggie holiday collage?

Might work, Rini. Would you like to set up the album? We could send to a snapshot and you could fill up the album...?

Al

Rini
12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
ok like this?
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/album.php?albumid=108
Right now I can only leave it public or make it so just "friends" can see it. If people want to send me their pics I would b very happy to put them all in the same place. I would really love to see everyone!

Al
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
ok like this?
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/album.php?albumid=108
Right now I can only leave it public or make it so just "friends" can see it. If people want to send me their pics I would b very happy to put them all in the same place. I would really love to see everyone!

If you leave your album "Public", it can be seen only by members, because you must be logged in to see another members Profile, where the album is kept. Please note that there are size limitations for images: 800 X 600, or 97 kB for a JPG image--less for other formats. It is a little cumbersome to upload and manage attachments. We can also email them to you, Rini. You can be the curator.

Al

pberggren1
12-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Good idea Rini.

I will try and get some new pics of me and post them on here or somewhere.

Might not be for a while though. Computer is pretty slow and old.

Al
12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
...Computer is pretty slow and old.

Hey, Phil--now don't you go making snide comments about me!

Al

pberggren1
12-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey, Phil--now don't you go making snide comments about me!

Al

Then update yourself.......lol

Al
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Then update yourself.......lol

(At my age and state of repair? Might be cheaper to get a new model....)

annekat
12-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey, this started out as a thread about John and how well he's doing! Let's remember that! However, the idea of a photo album is a good one!

chrisTIn@
12-19-2011, 06:54 AM
What more could I ask for, for Christmas? My wish has been fullfilled!

Congratulations to John, to you, to Zach and Kimmy!
Happy holidays! :smile1:

Sangye
12-20-2011, 05:22 AM
(I love your new avatar, Rini!)

I'm still doing a happy dance about John's progress and felt the need to Woot again. :w00t: :w00t:

pberggren1
12-20-2011, 07:41 AM
(I love your new avatar, Rini!)

I'm still doing a happy dance about John's progress and felt the need to Woot again. :w00t: :w00t:

I believe that Wooting is very therapeutic for Weggies.

Al
12-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I believe that Wooting is very therapeutic for Weggies.

(Especially when going for mushrooms and truffles....)

annekat
12-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Al, you wascally wabbit!

Al
12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Actually, Anne, I thought that, since I mentioned the truffles, you might have suggested a less elegant animal....

Al