PDA

View Full Version : if Weggies had a super power...

freakyschizogirl
12-16-2011, 02:24 AM
After a giggle with Marta about Pred super powers it got me thinking... If Weggies had a superpower - what would it be and why?

Praise will be given to the most imaginative!

malin
12-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Ability to sometimes feel like a 90 year old in a bad condition but still manage to look like a 25 year old? :flapper:

NicShaf
12-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Nice one Malin:)

I think our super power is Shape Shifting...I have changed shape a lot in the past 12 months thanks to my side kick Pred.

Al
12-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Well...despite my superannuation, pharmacological state, and lack of natural expressivity below the knees, I feel that I can now really cut a rug with the hangman--dancing, in a way, with the stars....

Al

marta
12-16-2011, 06:41 AM
I like the shape shifting concept... and along with it comes the ability to make people feel guilty - for not recognizing us. I had a lady cry to me this weekend because she felt so bad for not recognizing me. There's also the colour shifting abilities during chemo - I know I went all sorts of cool colours; blue, green, yellow, white, now since hotflash world has come on I also have some shades of red. We shrink because of bone density issues due to pred. Also the ability to laugh and smile through the worst circumstances. Oh yeah, and the ability to educate people who have spent their entire lives in an academic environment - pretty cool.

freakyschizogirl
12-16-2011, 06:47 AM
I like the education one Marta - it also makes me feel like i should know more about other rare diseases but i dont!

Malin yours made me laugh out loud - i often feel so old but have always been told i look young for my age.

Al
12-16-2011, 07:13 AM
...I know I went all sorts of cool colours; blue, green, yellow, white, now since hotflash world has come on I also have some shades of red....
Dunno it it's a super power, but we could definitely give superstars Hank Williams and BB King a run for their money, singin' the blues. And how about those appetites? Oh, wait, that's supper power.

Al

Psyborg
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Pred made me reverse telepathic, I was constantly putting words into other peoples mouths...

NicShaf
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
LOL, Bob. Only a Weggie can appreciate that one:) too funny!

delorisdoe
12-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Do any of you remember the cartoon the wonder twins? They'd smash their rings together and chant" wonder twin powers activate!!! Form of... In our case a chipmunk due to the prednisone. I'm sure we'd have a cape.

pberggren1
12-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm Batman. What more do I need to say.

Dryhill
12-16-2011, 12:16 PM
I thought we already had the super power of looking really healthy but at the same time being so ill .......... one of these days I will convince my colleagues and customers I am far more ill than I look.

Of course sleeping could be a super power, it must be useful for something.

Trudy
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Phil....not fair.....you have an advantage over the rest of us!!!!

How about our superpower is usually knowing more about our disease than those in the medical field.

Dirty Don
12-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Oh, wait, that's supper power.Al

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.............................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................stop that...jeez!

Al
12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.............................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................stop that...jeez!

Whassamatta, Don? Not hungry after the knife? Mushrooms are high in anti-oxidants, you know....

Al

pberggren1
12-16-2011, 04:46 PM
You guys are too funny.

freakyschizogirl
12-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Of course sleeping could be a super power, it must be useful for something.

Thats the best sort of super power - if only i could make money from it as well!

Dirty Don
12-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Humor is the best super power of all...make me laugh I'll follow you anywhere!!! LOL

delorisdoe
12-17-2011, 03:14 AM
maybe we could glow in the dark?

Dirty Don
12-17-2011, 04:21 AM
maybe we could glow in the dark?

Well, that has nuclear implications I don't like much!!! lol

Al
12-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Well, that has nuclear implications I don't like much!!! lol
...Though glowing in the dark could be really funny, and very useful at Halloween parties--so long as no rowdy crowds are involved.

Al

pberggren1
12-17-2011, 12:17 PM
...Though glowing in the dark could be really funny, and very useful at Halloween parties--so long as no rowdy crowds are involved.

Al

Or surly waiters.........lol.

Al
12-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Or surly waiters.........lol.

Do you think this would make them less surly, Phil? If you glow too frighteningly, you might never get your huckleberry pie à la mode, with or without the side of surly; then again, the effect might be comical enough to be worth it. You think...?

Al

Rini
12-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I like the shape shift, I look so different every week. I think four people could own my closet of cloths. with the pred my weight yoyos so much...it was kind of bad before but I have to try on almost all my jeans every morning. I also am a pro at the chip-monk/baby hippo face...maybe we can be good at being disguised?

freakyschizogirl
12-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I like the shape shift, I look so different every week. I also am a pro at the chip-monk/baby hippo face...maybe we can be good at being disguised?

"And the award for best costume in a disease category is....Wegener's Granulomatosis!"

pberggren1
12-18-2011, 03:30 AM
I like the shape shift, I look so different every week. I think four people could own my closet of cloths. with the pred my weight yoyos so much...it was kind of bad before but I have to try on almost all my jeans every morning. I also am a pro at the chip-monk/baby hippo face...maybe we can be good at being disguised?

I think your face is just fine Rini. You are a very beautiful young woman.

Dirty Don
12-18-2011, 04:59 AM
I think your face is just fine Rini. You are a very beautiful young woman.

Is that a Wegener's flirt??? LOL

marta
12-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Is that a Wegener's flirt??? LOL

ha ha ha ha - I was just thinking the same thing Don.

Rini, love the avatar - great to have a face to go along with the great thoughts that you put out there.

Rini
12-18-2011, 11:59 AM
lol, well well, thank you guys! I actually have s new pic today of my moon face....im in love w/ my new hat that has pockets...im a nerd and went to a anime convention ;) ....http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/394699_2654130246037_1639235123_2436783_218593025_ n.jpg I would love to get an album going 2 c what we all look like! Batman, ik that pic is old

pberggren1
12-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Ya, I'm looking for a wife. Anyone interested?

I know my pic is old. It is from 2006 when I was med free and only 3 years into Wegs.

I will try and get a new pic on here next year.

NicShaf
12-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Totally! I have about 7 different size pants in my closet, had to buy new ones as my super power got stonger:)

Rini
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Ya, I'm looking for a wife. Anyone interested?

I know my pic is old. It is from 2006 when I was med free and only 3 years into Wegs.

I will try and get a new pic on here next year.

NEXT YEAR?!?!!? that is soooo long away. cool 2 know u were drug free @ 3 years tho. so ur new yers resolution is to add a pic? I need a resolution. I think it will be to get that tattoo...

freakyschizogirl
12-19-2011, 03:17 AM
oooh get a tattoo rini and post the photo on here - i've had 2 since diagnosis - one which looks like a corset down my back was done just after i started on MTX and the other is a "s" on my wrist.

So what would the tattoo be?

Rini
12-19-2011, 02:47 PM
oooh get a tattoo rini and post the photo on here - i've had 2 since diagnosis - one which looks like a corset down my back was done just after i started on MTX and the other is a "s" on my wrist.

So what would the tattoo be?

why the S?

i have joked about a few but riight now I think, if I can find a good one, a black cat...for being cursed but hard 2 kill ;)

pberggren1
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Why do you pretty girls want to mess up your skin with such ugly things?

freakyschizogirl
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
why the S?

i have joked about a few but riight now I think, if I can find a good one, a black cat...for being cursed but hard 2 kill ;)

The S is for Sam - me. lol. I went through a patch of horrid depression and a messy breakup last year and this was sorta to remind me about me...

And Phil tattoos can be beautiful - but i dont think you and me will agree on this one!

mishb
12-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Why do you pretty girls want to mess up your skin with such ugly things?

I agree with you Phil, but each to their own .... I guess :unsure:

I thought I read somewhere that people with vasculitis conditions couldn't, or shouldn't, get tattoos.
Sam has had two since diagnosis without problems, so I guess that has been proven wrong.

Sangye
12-20-2011, 04:45 AM
"And the award for best costume in a disease category is....Wegener's Granulomatosis!"

Oh, that is hilarious!! :laugh::laugh:

Sangye
12-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Totally! I have about 7 different size pants in my closet, had to buy new ones as my super power got stonger:)

ROTFL, Nicole!! http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/rofl.gif (http://www.smileyhut.com)

freakyschizogirl
12-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I agree with you Phil, but each to their own .... I guess :unsure:

I thought I read somewhere that people with vasculitis conditions couldn't, or shouldn't, get tattoos.
Sam has had two since diagnosis without problems, so I guess that has been proven wrong.

I'm a rebel mishb. And i think its the high infection risk that will put most immune compromised people off tattoos but if you find a good, clean tattooist its usually pretty safe.

At the time the tattoo was kinda like therapy bringing out the inner pain of being diagnosed and making the pain real. If ya have a look on my profile somewhere there are photo's of my tattoos.

(Ps dont tell phil but i'm getting another one in the new year...)

delorisdoe
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Rini...one of my employees goes to anime conventions all of the time. They are the only thing she asks for to get time off

pberggren1
12-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Rini...one of my employees goes to anime conventions all of the time. They are the only thing she asks for to get time off

First of all, what is anime?

And second, I love your new signature.

Dirty Don
12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
First of all, what is anime.

Japanese cartooning...kinda like I feel when the WG is going crazy in my sinuses!!! A cartoon stuffed up character...oh, I'm that way all the time, never mind!! LOL

Dryhill
12-21-2011, 12:01 PM
.......... And Phil tattoos can be beautiful - but i dont think you and me will agree on this one!

I agree tattoos can look really good, now, but every body forgets what happens with time. I ahve seen far too many tattoos on old people and they are terrible and make the wrinkly skin look even worse. But hey its your body your choice.

Rini
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I agree tattoos can look really good, now, but every body forgets what happens with time. I ahve seen far too many tattoos on old people and they are terrible and make the wrinkly skin look even worse. But hey its your body your choice.

This is one of the many reasons I have not done it yet. My best friends mom used to be a tattoo remover... horrible stories about the pain of taking it off. I actually know a girl who was saving to get a tattoo of her ribs all the way down her back, just because she thought it would be funny to watch them sag as she got old...she was a very upbeat oddball. This one will be very small and i will be able to cover it up when necessary.

freakyschizogirl
12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Everything ages - even a tattoo. But you can get them freshened up periodically.

Each of mine tells a story - i'd never get a trivial tattoo. My best friend can just walk into a tattooist and say, "i'll have that one on the wall" - i cant do that! I take ages researching mine.

Al
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
All right, I have avoided this thread for a while, since I have nothing, really, to add to the subject of tattoos. Personally, I do not understand them, or the voluntary piercing of body tissues,--or even, when it comes down to it, make-up, perfume, or footwear that makes one hobble. But that's just me. Whatever rocks your boat, I think is the only general aesthetic comment I can make. On the other hand, there is the medical issue: Anything that exposes the body to possibly infectious agents seems kinda questionably goofy to me....

Al

Dirty Don
12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Anything that exposes the body to possibly infectious agents seems kinda questionably goofy to me....Al

...then the bowl of cherries slipped off the table, splashing the floor with reds...

Al
12-22-2011, 03:53 PM
...then the bowl of cherries slipped off the table, splashing the floor with reds...

You like the Bowl of Cherries theme, don't you, Don? I suppose, as a confirmed weggie, you sing the song in 5/4, too. You know, "Life is just a $*&@$*# 'bowl of cherries...".

Al

delorisdoe
12-22-2011, 11:22 PM
You like the Bowl of Cherries theme, don't you, Don? I suppose, as a confirmed weggie, you sing the song in 5/4, too. You know, "Life is just a $*&@$*# 'bowl of cherries...".

Al

al, if you type the word ****, it will come up ****...no need to do the fancy stuff.

Dirty Don
12-23-2011, 04:47 AM
You two are too funny! Yeah, I do like the bowl of cherries thingy...kind of a throwback to a cherry tree on the corner of our yard that I had to clean up after all the time..."*******" bowl of cherries coming out of that tree again!! LOL...

Al
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Maybe this is true on your computer, Leigh, which probably keeps the Urban Dictionary in RAM for quick access. But my computer is very sensitive, and a bit prudish. It would surely crash if I tried your technique.

Al

Dirty Don
12-23-2011, 11:05 AM
But my computer is very sensitive, and a bit prudish. It would surely crash if I tried your technique.Al

I'm surely confused...a computer has no moral basis...sheesh...if it did, DELETE would be used more often...Weggies Unite, Fight DELETE!!!!