PDA

View Full Version : Member Map

vdub
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I thought I'd throw this out once again. It's a map of where some of us are located. Anyone can put a stickpin in to show where they are (the candle is reserved for those who have passed).

If you click on the double-arrow in the upper left, you will get a list of those registered (about 80 folks now). Click on anyone on the list and it will show where they are on the map.

Join if you can! Just click on 'Additions" then "add simple marker" and name, city, then pick a stick pin. That's about it. Click here ----> WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717)

Dryhill
12-12-2011, 06:01 AM
I urge you to join in by showing the area you live in, it does not have to be your actual address, just the town will do. I find it interesting to see where my nearest "neighbours" are. Because of the map I left a message for one of our members and duly discovered that we had the same consultant. Subsequent messages have confirmed my belief that I am being treated by the right person.

Jim

Sangye
12-13-2011, 07:53 AM
It's a great idea, and I'm glad you periodically re-post it, vdub.

mishb
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Okay, there have been a few new Aussies on this site lately, how about placing a stickpin in the Wegs Map. We need more :wink1:

This also goes for all the wonderful new people from around the globe that unfortunately have to deal with WG....... where are you all (so to speak)

vdub
01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Hey, thanks for the bounce Mitchelle. The member map is still alive and well and so if any new people want to put in their stick pin. Here's how......

Click here to get to the map ----> WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717)

Then just click on 'Additions", "add simple marker" and name, city, then pick a stick pin. That's about it. We have reserved the special stick pins (candle, daisy, etc) for special situations. Jack has our first candle -- lets hope we don't see many candles.....

Sangye
01-13-2012, 04:40 AM
I can't help but be intrigued by the patterns of Weggies. In the US we occur in a great big ring, with no one in the entire middle of the country. I don't think we can explain it by saying people live close to Vasculitis clinics, since most people on here say they have to travel.

And look at the Aussies-- all of them are crowded onto the east coast!

vdub
01-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Maybe population density would we one factor..... Hard to say, tho....
Night Satellite Photos | Earth, U.S., Europe, World | Geology.com (http://geology.com/articles/satellite-photo-earth-at-night.shtml)

Sangye
01-13-2012, 09:23 AM
That's probably it, vdub. Definitely looks to be the case for Oz, and when I squint the US map looks pretty close. Nice work there, detective! :wink1:

MCC
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm on now :flapper:

RCOSSIO
01-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Just put my marker.....hey Sangye I thought the same. Lots of folks in the eastern seaboard and midwest.

chrisTIn@
01-14-2012, 08:07 AM
...if any new people want to put in their stick pin. Here's how......

Click here to get to the map ----> WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717)

Then just click on 'Additions", "add simple marker" and name, city, then pick a stick pin. That's about it.

I followed your instructions, vdub, but it didn't work.
Maybe my country is too small...:wink1:

Al
01-14-2012, 08:09 AM
I followed your instructions, vdub, but it didn't work.
Maybe my country is too small...:wink1:
Did you log in?

Al

chrisTIn@
01-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Ofcourse!
Otherwise I couldn't even post this...:flapper:

Al
01-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Ofcourse!
Otherwise I couldn't even post this...:flapper:

Sorry! I meant, did you log into the map app?

Al

vdub
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
There isn't any login for the map. I tested it and everything is working fine. Try again. Just enter your info, then select "submit".

You'll see my test pin on Leiden. I'll remove the test entry in a day or two....

chrisTIn@
01-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Well... now it looks like I'm living in Germany (which I am NOT!) but I'm on the map!
Thanks Al and vdub! :biggrin1:

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 11:04 AM
From what I see chrisTIn you are for sure in The Netherlands.

vdub
01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeap! Looks like you are at Helmond.....

LisaMarie
01-14-2012, 04:47 PM
The US is so covered its hard to tell....I did note no markers in Italy or Sicily...maybe we should move there....just a thought

vdub
01-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Did you guys know that you can click on the "double arrow" in the upper left of the map and get a list of who has put in a stick pin and what number they are? If you see someone on the list and you want to know where they live, then just click on the name and it will point to their pin. (bad description, but you'll get the idea)

Al
01-14-2012, 06:10 PM
There isn't any login for the map. I tested it and everything is working fine. Try again. Just enter your info, then select "submit".

You'll see my test pin on Leiden. I'll remove the test entry in a day or two....

I had to register before I could drop a pin....

Al

Al
01-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Well... now it looks like I'm living in Germany (which I am NOT!) but I'm on the map!
Thanks Al and vdub! :biggrin1:

When you zoom in, it looks like you just east of Eindhoven. Is this correct?

Al

vdub
01-14-2012, 06:17 PM
I had to register before I could drop a pin....
Been a long time since I set that thing up and I had to register, but I don't think anyone has to do anything to stick a pin in. But, I could be wrong. I could have some cookies stuff working on my computer that I don't know anything about. Anyone else have to register to stick in a pin?

Al
01-14-2012, 06:17 PM
The US is so covered its hard to tell....I did note no markers in Italy or Sicily...maybe we should move there....just a thought
The epidemiologists might point out that there are certain clusters of WG throughout the world, and GPA (Classic Wegs) is more prevalent in northern climes, whereas MPA is more likely around the Mediterranean. However, it is hard to tell whether this is 1) important; 2) an interesting coincidence; or, perhaps, 3) representative of local diagnostic biases. While fun, I doubt our small map will shed any light on this question....

Al

vdub
01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Nope, no sign in. I just went to the site with my wife's computer which should have no cookies or anything pretaining to the site and had no problem dropping a pin on SanPalo, Brazil. But, just to make sure, I also added a pin from my Windows CE computer, which doesn't even have the capability to cache information, save passwords, or use cookies. You must be thinking of something else or even made a new map or something, but you don't have to sign-in to put a stick-pin in the member map......

vdub
01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I doubt our small map will shed any light on this question....
Don't forget that it is an English website, so naturally, English speakers will tend toward it.....

Al
01-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Don't forget that it is an English website, so naturally, English speakers will tend toward it.....

...Which is, of course, a main reason why you can't draw any epidemiological conclusions from it. But it is cool.

By the way, I'll take your word for it...but when I dropped my pin, the map just sat there stupidly until I registered--then it was happy with whatever I wanted to do.

Al

pberggren1
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Did you drop a pin Al? I did not hear it........lol.

Dryhill
01-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Al, I think I mighty have sat on the pin you dropped. Please warn us in future so we can take care when sitting down. :tongue1:

Al
01-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Al, I think I mighty have sat on the pin you dropped. Please warn us in future so we can take care when sitting down. :tongue1:

Sorry, guys, for being such a noisy pin in the derriere....

Al