PDA

View Full Version : why do I do this to myself?

delorisdoe
11-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Today is saturday and I end my work week on saturday. Saturday is also the hardest day of the week for me.

My sister in law who never stopped partying is having her end of the year all girls sleep over. I never go but this year we have grown closer and I cant make it to christmas so she "really wants me there". I was having a not terrible week this week-aka I can climb a flight of stairs in less than 10 minutes due to less pain than last week-so stupid me agrees to go. I think I forgot about saturday when I agreed. She has texted me 3 times about how excited she is that I am comming. Seriously? There will be at least 15 girls going why does it matter if I am there. She just texted me telling me how much fun I will have. I love her to death but she and her friends party like they did in 1999 and I did not party like that then so how am I gonna fake it for a whole night when all im gonna want to do is take some tylenol and sleep the night away. I dont know why I forgot how much saturdays kill me. I am gonna look like a freek limping around and wanting to sleep by 9-thats when they will just be starting. what are we 20??? No I think not, I am the youngest and I am 38. wish me luck :crying:

Dryhill
11-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Got any ear plugs and a blidfold? That should help you get to sleep while they party. If you really feel tired then you are just going to have to rest or sleep, perhaps this way your sister-in-law will realise how ill you really are. Hope you do have some fun though. :hug3:

pberggren1
11-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't go Leigh. I would just be blunt honest with your sister-in-law and tell her the truth. I don't spare anyones feelings when I am feeling like crap. If they cannot understand that I am not able to make it because I am sick then too bad for them. ME comes first.

delorisdoe
11-27-2011, 09:36 AM
we dont disscuss my health. A part of me feels like I want to go cause I never have fun

pberggren1
11-27-2011, 10:53 AM
You can still have fun. But I know what you mean. I feel I miss out on lots as well because of this darned disease. But I have also realized that I have made many new friends and do many new things as well.

Chris G
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm a little late jumping in here. I hope you're out having fun without exerting too much energy.

Al
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
we dont disscuss my health. A part of me feels like I want to go cause I never have funYou might try my airline trick, Leigh: wear a mask. You don't have to discuss your health--the others will purposely not bring up the subject, and give you some space....

Al

maria garcia
11-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Are they going clubing? If its just staying over then maybe you will have fun. So it all depends what there planning on doing.

freakyschizogirl
11-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey Leigh

I hope ya went and i hope you enjoyed yourself.

Sangye
11-28-2011, 03:11 AM
It's always hard to decide on things like that. Sometimes I do something fun even though I know it'll cost me many days of recovery.

Dirty Don
11-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Yep, not living as well as you can is not an answer...I sure can't do some things I did before, and don't know if they ever will return, BUT I am out there!! Even golfed on Friday for first time in months...3 months ago, I couldn't feed my self...soooo, it IS worth it to strive to 'have fun' and stay entertained! It's important to stay distracted, entertained, and happy...I try to be reasonable and not stupid about my activities, but am ready to go at a moment's notice providing the WG doesn't have anything to say about it!! Have fun, stay alert to yourself and your surroundings!

Sangye
11-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Wow, golf! That's incredible, Don. :thumbsup:

Dirty Don
11-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Hehe, no, it's just another addiction, but one I love!! I didn't play well, but right now I don't care... Al doesn't like it so much, he doesn't get the idea of chasing a little white ball 300 yards just to put it in a 4 inch hole...hmmm, now that I think about it...LOL, naw, just glad to be out and about as often as I can...I can recup later...naps are wonderful!! Take care!!

Al
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Hehe, no, it's just another addiction, but one I love!! I didn't play well, but right now I don't care... Al doesn't like it so much, he doesn't get the idea of chasing a little white ball 300 yards just to put it in a 4 inch hole...hmmm, now that I think about it...LOL, naw, just glad to be out and about as often as I can...I can recup later...naps are wonderful!! Take care!!

(Is "recup" a pun? a golf term?)

...And another thing I don't understand: Getting up at 6:00 to clobber that white thing around--that to avoid the Arizona heat at a decent hour. Also, for my tastes, tees are shirts....

But, if you like it, hey, who am I to judge...? I know more than one doctor who uses golf as his (and her) own therapy, after all....

Al

delorisdoe
11-28-2011, 10:27 AM
It was not a club just a home. I did go. I did not over do it or drink too much. I had an awesome time and am so glad I went. stragely enough there were a few girls there younger than me and I outlasted them. I also stayed up later than the hard core party girl. There was a trophy to be won if you stayed up the latest. I did not care for it as i hate knick knacks. I decided to let christine win it and said "well, Im done." I looked at the clock and it was 430 am. hmm. I am a little tired today.

pberggren1
11-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't stay up late unless I can't sleep. At least you had a good time Leigh.

Al
11-28-2011, 10:39 AM
It was not a club just a home. I did go. I did not over do it or drink too much. I had an awesome time and am so glad I went. stragely enough there were a few girls there younger than me and I outlasted them. I also stayed up later than the hard core party girl. There was a trophy to be won if you stayed up the latest. I did not care for it as i hate knick knacks. I decided to let christine win it and said "well, Im done." I looked at the clock and it was 430 am. hmm. I am a little tired today.

Cool, Dude-ette! Now, get some rest, party girl, before you go out again....

Al

maria garcia
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Thats great! Im glad you enjoyed yourself.

Dirty Don
11-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I think this thread is the party group!! Party ON!!

pberggren1
11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, we should all just party.

Al
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I think this thread is the party group!! Party ON!!

I miss George Carlin. With his irreverent wit, he would have made a great weggie...

Al

delorisdoe
11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Cool, Dude-ette! Now, get some rest, party girl, before you go out again....

Al

ha ha ha...@ least not for one more year.

Lightwarrior
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
I miss George Carlin. With his irreverent wit, he would have made a great weggie...

Al

I always enjoyed george carlin

Sangye
11-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Do you remember George Carlin's "Two-minute warning" ROTFL

delorisdoe
11-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Who is George Carlin? The name sounds familiar?

Sangye
11-29-2011, 03:27 AM
A hilarious comedian. Look on youtube.

Dirty Don
11-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Now I feel old Leigh...sheesh, thanks...I think...LOLOLOL!

Chris G
11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
4:30!!! You're nuts! Or you're my hero!.......I can't decide which one. Maybe both.

delorisdoe
11-29-2011, 10:21 PM
I just had a memory of an akward moment that night that reinforces my beleif that wegeners is not to be talked about amongst friends and family.

It was mid way through the night so aprox midnight and they all for some reason were talking about their ailments-osteo arthritis, sore wrist, lactose intollerance etc. There lives were horrible and they felt nobody understood. I very loudly interupted them with " I have wegeners granulomatosis"...The room got very still and very quiet and they all looked at me like I was trying to steal their thunder with a stubbed toe. The nurse in the group broke the silence and said with a compasionate look on her face"that is like swollen ankles right?" "yup, swollen ankles" I replied to which they all gave an knowing nod of their heads and a sympathetic "Oh, Ya, that sucks". LMAO. wont do that again any time soon.

Geoff
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Oh Leigh, I laughing and crying at the same time!

Obviously GPA stands for Giant Puffy Ankles...right?

delorisdoe
11-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Oh Leigh, I laughing and crying at the same time!

Obviously GPA stands for Giant Puffy Ankles...right?

I never thought of that lol. good point.

Sangye
11-30-2011, 01:34 AM
Leigh, why didn't you explain what Wegs is?

At any rate, I do have giant puffy ankles (complication of Wegs) and it is a big problem. Painful, too.

delorisdoe
11-30-2011, 01:39 AM
too six drunk ladies who were too busy out talking each other about their sore wrists and lactose problems-no point. Besides it was just too funny the way it was.

delorisdoe
11-30-2011, 01:47 AM
Too dig a little deeper into my head here...this would be the first time in 10 years I have ever volunteered anything to anyone nevermind a group of girls to which I have assorted levels of intimacy with. I was trying it on for size so to speak. I realised none of them would remember what I said in the am so it seemed as good a place as any to start. I will credit all of you for getting me that far but the entire experience although funny-I still giggle when I see their faces-has reafirmed for me that wegeners and me are not soemthing I wish to discuss with relatives or friends or anyone who does not have it or a realative with it.

sorry, i know i suck.

Sangye
11-30-2011, 01:54 AM
I forgot they were drunk. I wouldn't have gone into any detail with them, either.

delorisdoe
11-30-2011, 02:07 AM
I forgot they were drunk. I wouldn't have gone into any detail with them, either.

well it is good that i was not drunk...i may have gone into a lot of detail if I had been.

Chris G
11-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Even though they might not remember hearing it, I'm proud of you for making the announcement! That's a big step for you. If any of them should ever happen to ask you about it, maybe you'll take it a step farther......give them a few true weggie nuggets to chew on (straighten them out on swollen ankle b.s.).

delorisdoe
11-30-2011, 02:18 AM
ya, I dont think they ever will. no worries though my dad talks about me often enough at his royal buffalo meetings.