PDA

View Full Version : Warts

ScreaminMeanie
11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, another lovely side effect of WG meds - being immune suppressed allows the virus that causes warts to become more active. I remember having one small wart on a finger when I was in my 20s. Got some Compound W and it went away very quickly.

Since my experience with Levaquin and Mtx (also I'm sure the Rtx immune suppression is still "active"), I've developed literally a rash of warts, mostly on my legs, but I just noticed one on my finger this morning. Has anybody else experienced this?

Al
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Yes, another lovely side effect of WG meds - being immune suppressed allows the virus that causes warts to become more active. I remember having one small wart on a finger when I was in my 20s. Got some Compound W and it went away very quickly.

Since my experience with Levaquin and Mtx (also I'm sure the Rtx immune suppression is still "active"), I've developed literally a rash of warts, mostly on my legs, but I just noticed one on my finger this morning. Has anybody else experienced this?

Haven't had quite this problem, but it isn't at all surprising. Never mind exogenous infections; there are many dormant microbes already in the body that might come out to play when the "authorities" are kept in the barracks. I suspect this is precisely why I had to deal with shingles.

Al

Dryhill
11-23-2011, 01:21 PM
No bujt as Al says it isn't really surprising. Just one more little goody from our beloved disease. :crying:

jola57
11-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Mine are under my heavy breasts and when I asked to have them removed since they are just at the bra line and get inflamed, I was told to go and get a skin tag/wart remover. I honestly think that it is very important to have a doc that will go that exxtra mile for you when you need it. All's I can say, mine don't.

vdub
11-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeap, I got them, too. After stopping the mtx, the body took over and is now suppressing them.

ScreaminMeanie
11-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't get to stop mtx just yet, but I do get to reduce my dose again. I sure hope the warts start backing off soon.

Sangye
11-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Mine are under my heavy breasts and when I asked to have them removed since they are just at the bra line and get inflamed, I was told to go and get a skin tag/wart remover. I honestly think that it is very important to have a doc that will go that exxtra mile for you when you need it. All's I can say, mine don't.
Jolanta, are yours warts or skin tags? That site is a favorite for skin tags. I wish you had better doctors. :sad:

HypnoticEyez
11-24-2011, 10:29 AM

You mean there is a skin tag remover? I knew they had one to remove warts but not skin tags. I have lots of them including the place you mentioned. I won't get into size, but I doubt you come close to the cup size between between L and N.

jola57
11-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Skin tags, but I thought that since I had a cancerous one removed from around my eye, I was covered for abnormal growth (even tags) removal. I guess not :(

jola57
11-25-2011, 01:34 PM
OK HypnoticEyez you win :biggrin1:

vdub
11-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I have gotten skin tags for ever; no harm but they annoy me. I usually just put a little alcohol on them, then rip them out with a pair of forcepts or needle nose pliers. Depending on size of location, I have a times used a pair of finger nail clippers to dispatch the type of torture and torment they deserve. They bleed kind of profusely inially after being pluck, pulled, or pinched off, but then they give up and heal normally.

Al
11-25-2011, 07:00 PM
I have gotten skin tags for ever; no harm but they annoy me. I usually just put a little alcohol on them, then rip them out with a pair of forcepts or needle nose pliers. Depending on size of location, I have a times used a pair of finger nail clippers to dispatch the type of torture and torment they deserve. They bleed kind of profusely inially after being pluck, pulled, or pinched off, but then they give up and heal normally.

What a Rambo, Vdub! I just let mine go until they, or I rot--whichever comes first. (A dermatologist advised me to take care of skin tags before going tuning 65, because Medicare wouldn't pay for their removal.)

Al

HypnoticEyez
11-25-2011, 08:19 PM

Vdup, I don't think I am brave enough to pluck, pull or pinch mine off. My father had then and he always tied something, i.e. thread dental floss and sometimes even a few strands of hair. He would tie it around the skin tag as close to whatever part of the body it was on just until it started to hurt. After a few days it would become engorged with blood and double in size. After about a week it will dry up and just fall off.

ScreaminMeanie
11-26-2011, 04:02 AM
I've had a few skin tags that I've had removed because they were large and/or in inconvenient places. The first time I had some removed, they snipped them off - no anesthesia of any sort. I was not a happy camper. The next time, they used cryogenic treatment (froze them). The same thing you described happened with the cryogenic treatment, as well. I was surprised when it got worse instead of better, so I called the doc's office back and they told me that was normal.

jola57
12-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I hate giving myself more pain and I would prefer to have them removed with anesthesia.

Kami
12-02-2011, 04:30 AM
I was just thinking about warts this morning! I have one on the bottom of my foot that I need to do something about, argh! I also have many skin flaps and my local Family Doctor told me they are nothing to worry about so I haven't done anything about them.

ScreaminMeanie
12-02-2011, 04:36 AM
I hate giving myself more pain and I would prefer to have them removed with anesthesia.

I couldn't agree more. Pain causes stress, and we should avoid stress.

vdub
12-02-2011, 04:33 PM
My father had then and he always tied something, i.e. thread dental floss and sometimes even a few strands of hair.

Most excellent! I should have thought of that.

marta
12-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Me too. Got'em all. Tags and warts... all since the lovely treatment. I too have a plantar wart on my foot which is getting bigger and bigger and more painful when I walk, and a few others that my doc is treating (but not the plantars wart on my foot, she wants to give that one special attention) I actaully had it when I was in my teens and had it surgically removed, but alas immune supression has awakened the beast.

Yes our treatment does bring out the 'beautiful' in all of us, doesn't it. Warts, skin tags, hairy faces, bald heads, fat cheeks, buffalo humps, big old guts.... all that good stuff and more, BUT it brings out some really special (and I'm not being sarcastic now) features from our insides.... kindness, compassion, generosity, grace under presssure, our true warrior spirit, so I think we're getting more out of it than it's taking from us.

Geoff
12-10-2011, 01:15 AM
, BUT it brings out some really special (and I'm not being sarcastic now) features from our insides.....

Totally agree with that comment. I sometimes surprise myself with my 'new' outlook on life!!:thumbup:

jola57
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
So true Marta.