PDA

View Full Version : cellcept ?

nessa
11-19-2011, 05:01 PM
my doc put me on cellcept 4 tablets a day and 5 mg of prednisone.. my stomach is going crazy.. fingerz crossed that this keeps me in remission.... :)

maria garcia
11-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Nessa how long have you had Wegs? and how have you been treating it. Are you in remmison. Tell us your story it can help others.

Sangye
11-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Nessa, you can take Cellcept with food if it gives you stomach pain. If you're getting acid reflux you might need to take an acid-blocker. Hopefully your doctor gradually increased the cellcept dose instead of starting you on the full dose in one day.

nessa
11-20-2011, 05:26 AM
thanx im going to try it with food this time i usually take two in the morning and two at night.. i just got done with my chemo so my doc wants to keep me in remission =)

nessa
11-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Nessa how long have you had Wegs? and how have you been treating it. Are you in remmison. Tell us your story it can help others.
~ my story~
i was diagnosed when i was 18 1/2 yrs old. i was getting horrible ear aches i was sick all the time and every doc that i went to see could not give me a reason why all this was happening to me. until one night where i couldnt take it any more i was throwing up blood i had a fever and i felt like i was literally dying. my mom called 911 and they took me to a near by hospital which the docs there told my mom you have a very sick child here. hearing that made me even more worried well the next day they took into to surgery where they put tubes in my ears and cleaned out my sinuses. i had to stay in the hospital 2 weeks until my results came in and there is when they told me i had wegeners. its was one of the worst days of mine and my moms life when they told us what it was and what it can do. i just remembered thinking my life is over. after that i began mtx and prednisone which i guess wasnt strong enough because i relapsed again after a month of being on it. so my doc switched me to cytoxan soon after that i discovered that i was pregnant so i had to stop all meds instead of the prednsione. my pregnancy went fairly well acutally and i gave birth to a healthy baby girl on oct. 7 2007 she weighted 4 15 oz which was small but they said it was due to the steriods. for two years aftter that i was in full remission. then in early 2010 i started getting sick again this time it hit worst then anybody could imagine i had to stay in the hospital for two months i had too get half of my right lung removed my hearing decreased so much i starting getting a saddled nose i was throwing up blood all this due to me relapsing. my doc ordered me to get rituxan chemotheraphy during my stay at the hospital for a month. which did wonders for me i felt like my old self again so now all though the damage on my nose in my ears and on my lungs have been done im feeling alot better... i just taking it day by day now, i see my rhemotologist at the end of this month so we will see what he says this time im just greatful to be alive and to have my daughter and my mom by my side cuz thats what keeps me hanging on.. =) nessa

Al
11-20-2011, 07:16 AM
im just greatful to be alive and to have my daughter and my mom by my side cuz thats what keeps me hanging on.. =) nessa

Quite a story, Nessa. WG is not a fun disease for anyone, but it is particularly heartbreaking when it happens to a young person. Thanks for sharing this. As many of us on the forum have noted, it really does take a whole team to get through this. It is wonderful that you have your family. And we, too, will do what we can to help you.

Al

elephant
11-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Glad the Doctors took this serisously and glad you were able to bring a healthy baby girl into this world.

Sangye
11-22-2011, 11:21 AM
You've been through so much, Nessa! I can't imagine getting diagnosed at such an early age. You sound like one tough cookie. :smile1:

nessa
11-22-2011, 11:47 AM
You've been through so much, Nessa! I can't imagine getting diagnosed at such an early age. You sound like one tough cookie. :smile1:

awww thx sangye =) i try!!!

Al
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM

A young tough cookie, I might add. I'm a tough old cookie (in Marta's words), and I tip my hat to you!

Al