PDA

View Full Version : new to this

nessa
11-18-2011, 01:56 PM
i would really love to talk to someone im very depressed about having wg life just hasnt been the same.. thanx nessa:crying::

Al
11-18-2011, 02:09 PM
It certainly is a bummer, Nessa--one of nature's truly raw deals. Yet, so long as it can be managed, you can still be the important parts of your old self! In fact, I would say that this is important--not only for yourself, but all your loved ones and professional associates as well.

Please tell us a little about yourself and your WG story. Also, you might want to check out the blog of Marta, one of our members. She has a pretty cool video clip worth seeing. Weggies Unite (http://weggiesunite.blogspot.com/)

Al

Sangye
11-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Many--if not all-- of us can relate, Nessa. How can we help you?

mama2005
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
hi, welcome to this site all of the people here are always willing to help. It has been very helpful for me.

Hammy8241
11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
i would really love to talk to someone im very depressed about having wg life just hasnt been the same.. thanx nessa:crying::

A problem shared.......! Go for it, get it off your chest, both barrels, no frills,etc etc.

No one makes judgments, many will have/had similar experiences and we are here for you.

Look forward to hearing more nessa.

RudiK
11-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Hello Nessa, welcome to this site, it is full of people that are willing to share and help. So, let us know, as Hammy said, get it off your chest. One of the most important aspect of "dealing" with WG is your attitude towards it. We have all been in your shoes in one form or another. Stay as positive as you can, don't let WG take over, keep a positive attitude towards life, and you will succeed.

Chris G
11-19-2011, 02:20 AM
We're here for you Nessa! I think we've all felt some level of depression, and can relate to both that, and the frustrations of having this disease. It's a great group. Lay it on us!!

Dirty Don
11-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Depression is a part of this disease...at first glance it's pretty ugly, but we learn to cope as best we can. You're in the right place for comfort, info, and finding your bearings. We're all in a similar boat...hang in there...ask questions, be patient, be persistent...it all helps...best of luck to you...keep your head up!

Don

Hal
11-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Hello Nessa,

When I was diagnosed and started reading up on how nasty this disease can be, I too was shell-shocked for a period of time. One of the more therapeutic things I did was make my first posting here, telling my story. Knowing there are others out there who have managed, over time, to grapple with the ups and downs has really helped me more than I could possibly express here.

As others have said, feel free to unload here and tell your story.

Hal.

Dryhill
11-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Nessa, not to be trivial about WG but you do get to belong to a very exclusive club and will get to make some good friends through this site. We all know how frightening and daunting it all seems for you at the moment, but with the right treatrment things are not quite as bleak as they seem.

drz
11-19-2011, 01:36 PM
We're here for you Nessa! I think we've all felt some level of depression, and can relate to both that, and the frustrations of having this disease. It's a great group. Lay it on us!!

I think if one isn't a little depressed after learning your diagnosis you must be in denial about the severity of what it can do. That doesn't mean it will always be a down hill road though as things can and usually do get better with treatment and time. There are for most of us ups and downs and it is struggle at times which is why we come here to share and to shore each other up as best we can.

Dirty Don
11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
well stated drz, this is an up and down and somewhat emotional disease...we're better off learning asap that we need to be good riders and survivors, not just trying to 'beat' this...doesn't work from what I've read in here and other places...

nessa
11-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Nessa, not to be trivial about WG but you do get to belong to a very exclusive club and will get to make some good friends through this site. We all know how frightening and daunting it all seems for you at the moment, but with the right treatrment things are not quite as bleak as they seem.

yea i would love to have friends that understand what i went/am going threw.. so im glad i found this site it makes me feel better to know that im not alone...

nessa
11-19-2011, 03:48 PM
well im glad to know im not alone ,i get embarrassed talking about it sometimes. i think to myself why me.. but i guess i just have to learn have to deal with it.. i dont even kno how to being my story lol..

Dryhill
11-19-2011, 08:18 PM
well im glad to know im not alone ,i get embarrassed talking about it sometimes. i think to myself why me.. but i guess i just have to learn have to deal with it.. i dont even kno how to being my story lol..

You may have a rare disease but you are certainly not alone. As for being embarrassed about talking about WG, don't be you will probably have to keep reminding people that you are ill - you will get used to people saying "Oh you look too well to be ill".

If you want to have a good moan about how you feel this is the place to do so. At some time or another most of us feel down and need a good old moan and rant to get it out of our system. I totally know how you feel about "why me?", over 30 years ago I gave up smoking and for years I felt superior and clever that I have protected my lungs then along comes WG and has a chuckle at my expense. :crying:

Sangye
11-20-2011, 02:01 AM
well stated drz, this is an up and down and somewhat emotional disease...we're better off learning asap that we need to be good riders and survivors, not just trying to 'beat' this...doesn't work from what I've read in here and other places...
I really like how you phrased that. :smile1:

nessa
11-20-2011, 05:06 AM
i would love to know your story?

nessa
11-20-2011, 05:08 AM
how long have u had wg for?

nessa
11-20-2011, 05:10 AM
I think if one isn't a little depressed after learning your diagnosis you must be in denial about the severity of what it can do. That doesn't mean it will always be a down hill road though as things can and usually do get better with treatment and time. There are for most of us ups and downs and it is struggle at times which is why we come here to share and to shore each other up as best we can.

thanx im glad to know that im not alone i never talked to someone else that has wg before so it makes me feel a little better =)

Kami
01-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi Nessa, I just wanted to check back in and see how you're doing?? I sure wish I was in Florida today, it was 16 degrees below zero at my house when I woke up this morning and it's suppose to be colder tonight. Bbbrrrrrrrrrr! I hope you're doing ok! Best wishes, Kami

pberggren1
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Nessa, I just wanted to check back in and see how you're doing?? I sure wish I was in Florida today, it was 16 degrees below zero at my house when I woke up this morning and it's suppose to be colder tonight. Bbbrrrrrrrrrr! I hope you're doing ok! Best wishes, Kami

It was minus 35 C here yesterday morning. And with the wind chill it was minus 49 C.

KathyB
01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Nessa, I'm also pretty new to WG (diagnosed at beginning of September) and have only been on this site for a couple of months. BTW, one of the best decisions I've made! This group is amazing -- from the level of information and expertise to the compassion and true empathy displayed. The first thing I learned is that we all have very different WG involvement (organs, joints, body parts!) yet the information shared is valuable to us all because this disease can be crazy and unpredictable. The more we learn and share, the better patients and advocates for ourselves we become. This is critical to managing the disease and our lives! I hope you are doing well in all areas of your health. Sorry it took me so long to chime in! Welcome!

KB

nessa
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM

hi kami thanx for writing me.. wow the weather there sounds crazy how do you deal with living in such a cold place lol, i get sick off the wind it seems like i could imagine if i was there.. well hope all is well thanx again for writing... :smile1:

drz
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Good news though, the mosquitoes are gone!:biggrin1:

Al
01-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Nessa! Nice to hear from you. I, too, was wondering how you are doing and so on. One thing: I think I'd rather be in Florida than where Phil lives....

Al