PDA

View Full Version : Our Leader

vdub
11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I've been out of internet service a couple days, so had a few PM's in the queue. But I got those taken care of.

Has anyone heard from Andrew? The last I heard from him was several weeks ago. He changed my status to admin and we tested that I could log on, but that was about it. I believe he also added two others as admins, but not sure.

He was going to give us some direction on what he wanted us to do, but I think he must be very, very busy, as he hasn't gotten back to me (us).

Like most of you, I am also having trouble connecting to the forum. Sometimes it takes a half-dozen tries. I have had others tell me that it takes many, many attempts. I think that is probably an ISP issue and not something that is wrong with the forum itself. Andrew did switch ISP's so there might be some additional bugs to work out.

I will be more than happy to help anyone with anything I can as long as it is within the confnes that Andrew has established.

A few weeks ago, I passed out an e-mail address where I can be reached if you are totally unable to get to the forum. You might want to jot down the address or put it in your contact list since if you can't get on the forum, you couldn't contact me.

The address is "vdub at granulomatosis-polyangiitis.com" I don't use the @ sign so that search engines can't pick up the address, so replace "at" with @.

me2
11-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I thought it was just me having trouble getting access. I feel better now knowing I'm in good company. Thanks for the email address. I'll just keep pounding on the door as that seems to usually work.

vdub
11-10-2011, 04:38 PM
coat hanger in left hand seems to help, toooooool :-)

jola57
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi vdub, I had the problem of loging in a while back. I talked to Andrew and he straightened the site up. I have not had a problem since. Andrew is very busy and his priorities should be where needed most. So we must muddle thru and alert him via email or Facebook if we have problems. I'm sure he will be back when necessary and will contact you, the second banana (he he) soon.

pberggren1
11-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I see Andrews posts on FB everyday and chat with him at least once a week.

RudiK
11-11-2011, 01:16 AM
I have trouble connecting every morning, but I believe that it is related to the ISPs on the way to the server. I usually try to get in at about 5:30 AM US Mountain Time and will have to try it about half a dozen times before I get in. No complains, it is just one of "those" things. I have worked in the IT world for 40 years before retiring in January, so these minor issues are nothing, at least not to me. I still thing Andrew and Vdub do a fantastic job keeping the site running. Thank you!
Rudi K.

Dirty Don
11-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Got right in this morning, something new, something changed? Nice!

Sangye
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Huh. I haven't had any trouble at all getting on the forum. Now I kinda feel left out. :laugh:

delorisdoe
11-11-2011, 05:46 AM
I am unable to log in sometimes for 6-10 hours at a time. this is the first time today I connected since 6am int is now2pm

pberggren1
11-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Ya, sometimes I can't log in either.

rif
11-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I have not had any problems logging in either so don't feel left out Sangye

freakyschizogirl
11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
snap rif and Sangye - i've had no problems either. Can even log in on my Blackberry.

Sangye
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
LOL Whew! It was too lonely being a Weggie AND the only Weggie who could get on the forum.

elephant
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I have been having problems logging on and I feel left out!

jola57
11-11-2011, 03:58 PM
He He for a whie there when I couldn't log on I thought I was banned, wegs brain strikes again, as if why would I be banned? It probably is an issue with the site and so we have to be patient and wait untill Andrew can resolve it for all of us.

mama2005
11-12-2011, 03:34 AM
I have had times where it won't let me get on but shortly after it allows me on.

maria garcia
11-12-2011, 04:33 AM
It always alllows me. I usually get Mail notifications and I just click on them there and Im in. I do find that even tough I refresh It seems that sometimes there no new threads I don't know if thats correct or Im just not getting the new threads.

Rose
11-12-2011, 05:35 AM
I have no problem logging on but I don't get any email notifications...not for a couple of months now so if I have posted on a thread or started a thread I have to check each and e very one for a response, if any.

Chris G
11-12-2011, 08:28 AM
No problems here. Maybe once or twice...but a quick "refresh" and the site pops right up. Could it have anything to do with where we live?

Dryhill
11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
LOL Whew! It was too lonely being a Weggie AND the only Weggie who could get on the forum.

I have had no problems getting on the forum so Sangye you would not be the only Weggie here. :biggrin1:

pwc51
11-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I have problems connecting as follows:-

I am using Windows 7 - 64bit.
If I use 64bit Internet explorer it seems to rarely connect at all, despite many refreshes.
If I use 32bit Internet explorer it seems to connect after a couple of refreshes.

I hope this helps?

delorisdoe
11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
lol....sounds very helpful but i dont have the faintest idea of what you speak.

Al
11-12-2011, 04:55 PM
lol....sounds very helpful but i dont have the faintest idea of what you speak.

(Leigh, is it possible that your "LOLs" have overtones of...whining...? Nah, can't be.)

My own experiences: I use two different ISPs. On both, I have never had trouble with either until today, at which one failed utterly, though most other pages loaded perfectly. I also occasionally use the mobile phone. Usually it won't get to the server, but today, it worked fine, for some odd reason--at least for reading. But I couldn't log on. But we make things work eventually..

Al

vdub
11-13-2011, 03:44 AM
I have no problem logging on but I don't get any email notifications
Yes, that is a semi-big problem that has existed for several months. Andrew is aware of it. I'm guess it is a problem with the forum software or possibly a black-list issue with the domain name.

I actually totally locked myself out of the forum about 3 weeks ago when I went changed my password. When you change your password, the system sends you an e-mail that you have to respond to in order to be approved to get into the system. Since I never got the e-mail (due to the mailer problem), I couldn't get approved. I had to send an e-mail to Andrew and he went in and manually approved me. That episode is what prompted me to put out an e-mail where you can contact me in the event you are totally locked out of the system.

Unfortunately, near as I can tell, I don't actually have full admin privilages yet. Which is probably good since if I messed something up from way across the pond, it could be more difficult to fix.

I am using Windows 7 - 64bit.
That's something I haven't even considered. I also use 64-bit IE, but I have 32-bit IE, Chrome, and Mozilla all loaded, so maybe I'll do some testing. It shouldn't make a difference since the browser is being run locally and data going back and forth to the ISP should all be the same. But it's a good thought. Normally, it takes me 3 or 4 refreshes to connect.

What I REALLY need to do is download the vBulletin manual and read it. Geeee, novel idea, eh?

maria garcia
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks Vdub for taking over and helping out in this amazing forum that help so many of us.

chrisTIn@
11-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks Vdub for taking over and helping out in this amazing forum that help so many of us.

Thanks indeed! :thumbsup:

Btw... haven't had any trouble logging in at all.